Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Modern Binary Explosives

We've all heard about "IEDs" (improvised explosive device) and probably wondered how they could be so destructive. Binary explosives.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

You see how easy this stuff is to conceal. Its relatively easy to make, conceal, and transport a tiny devise that would cause horrific damage. Begs the ugly question - is it safe to fly? I've flown skagillions of miles and frankly, I don't want to go anywhere near an airport at this point.

This also raises questions about the nigerian panty bomber. Given the efficacy and availability of this stuff, WTF was he playing around with?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225
Default Re: Modern Binary Explosives

It never was safe to fly and it's never gonna *be* safe to fly. No matter how stringent and invasive they make airline security. If it scares you that much, you should probably consider finding another way to get around.
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
GoSlash27
Team Captain

I'm calling shenanigans on this video, too. I think it's fake.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
It never was safe to fly and it's never gonna *be* safe to fly. No matter how stringent and invasive they make airline security. If it scares you that much, you should probably consider finding another way to get around.
"Scares"? My exact words were "I don't want to go anywhere near an airport at this point.". I love to fly, always have. Still do. Don't care for the "company" at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
I'm calling shenanigans on this video, too. I think it's fake.
There has been controversy over the authenticity. It was on Breitbart. http://www.breitbart.tv/online-video...ht-293-device/ They don't deal in BS. I posted the YouTube version because thats all you can imbed here.

One of the points of controversy was whether it was responsible to show the video. One poster expressed that would be irresponsible not to. I agree. If this @#$%s out there, people should know.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Quote:
There has been controversy over the authenticity.
As well there should be.

The explosion is starting on the lower right hand side and the pen is still there on the left.

They're playing with Acetone Peroxide/ Nitrocellulose and 200mg won't do that much damage.

If you just want to buy some binary explosive, you can purchase it here No license required and they'll ship it to your door.

/the sky isn't falling.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

nope
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

[QUOTE=Vincent;753556]We've all heard about "IEDs" (improvised explosive device) and probably wondered how they could be so destructive. Binary explosives.

IEDs or their more deadly brethern, EFP (explosively forced penetrator) do not use binary explosives. The reason they are so deadly is they incorportate mortar rounds, artillery rounds, and mines to destroy their targets. In addition they can be remotley detonated (from a safe area) and the blast of the device is forced into unarmored or lightly armored areas on vehicles.
ill admit, i dont know much about binary explosives, but i do know about most conventional and military. i highly doubt the video above is completely on the up and up. it is hard to belive that a relatively small amount, and easily detonated explosive could do that much damage (as portrayed). do i think its possible, yes. likely, no.
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote