Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Which position do you want the Steelers to draft in the 1st round?
S 14 45.16%
DL 8 25.81%
LB 8 25.81%
OL 8 25.81%
CB 8 25.81%
TE 0 0%
RB 1 3.23%
WR 0 0%
QB 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default 2010: Which position do you want the Steelers to draft in the 1st round?

it's the off-season...well for the steelers it's the off-season.

which position do you think needs addressing? you can choose more than one, but try to limit it to two choices only
Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045
Default Re: 2010: Which position do you want the Steelers to draft in the 1st round?

I went with CB and DL.......and for sure i want D no matter what

I want that shut down corner like Revis that would be awesome, and the D-line is gettting older and it would be nice to get some young stud to improve that area as well.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: 2010: Which position do you want the Steelers to draft in the 1st round?

If you are giving 2 picks then I am voting O line and safety
Old 01-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts

i want a ball hawking FS, but the only one i'd want if he's available is thomas. my next choice would be a cb, but only if its donovan warren...my next choice would be anthony davis if they are not going to sign colon, but if they do i want guard ,Mike Iupati
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreal View Post
Im going with running back. I want to see a gamebreaker and CJ Spiller and Javid Best should get long looks at 18th BPA. IF Parker is resigned then DT.

Until Mendenhall breaks a long one im not convinced hes our feature back for the next 4 years
He broke one for 60 against oakland....

How can you not think mendenhall is a good back and you would want to draft a 1st round RB instead of secondary/d line first
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
simonsfs30
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13098

earl thomas, or the best player available at this positions LB OL CB
simonsfs30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586

Tell me what players are still on the board for each position at number 18 and I'll tell you which position I would like.

Anyways I would like to see us take a DB preffereably safety in the first, because CB has a ton of second round talent. However, Berry, Mays and Thomas could all be gone when we pick... So whatever talent the staff has highest rated that is still on the board, whether it be o-line, d-line, db or lb is what I want them to pick.

I trust them as long as they don't go QB or WR.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #8
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

ILB is what id like to see

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I said a safety first, hell I want two of them. Then an O-lineman.

MOP and I have been pushing Thomas for about 2 or 3 months now, we thought we had lost him, but now looks like a real possibility. I would also like a SS in the 3rd or 4th.

I would like to see a OT that could push Colon to the inside where I think he should be. I would also like one that can move to LT in a couple of years, or in an emergency, but would not frown on a knock their you know what in the dirt OG.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I said a safety first, hell I want two of them. Then an O-lineman.

MOP and I have been pushing Thomas for about 2 or 3 months now, we thought we had lost him, but now looks like a real possibility. I would also like a SS in the 3rd or 4th.

I would like to see a OT that could push Colon to the inside where I think he should be. I would also like one that can move to LT in a couple of years, or in an emergency, but would not frown on a knock their you know what in the dirt OG.
you should jump on the mike lupati wagon with me.... ...i didn't know much of him till i watched the humanitarian bowl . the dude is a total beast and could be our next faneca for 10 years. i posted a few vids on here somewhere. i loved the one where he just swated rey mauluga to the ground like a fly... the short yardage , goal line game is STILL a huge problem. people say a guard isn't worth a first rd pick...BULLSHIT.. faneca was our best most reliable blocker for YEARS and if they needed that tough yard they always ran behind faneca. lupati could be that guy.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote