Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
Venom
Team Captain
 
Venom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Posts: 667
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13824
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

I want CornerBack Haden of Florida as our # 1 pick but I think he probably won't be around at #18. Just think that Revis was picked right before us last year .
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Dylan
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 614
Member Number: 3276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I want CornerBack Haden of Florida as our # 1 pick but I think he probably won't be around at #18. Just think that Revis was picked right before us last year .
just to let you know revis got picked ahead of us 3 years ago...when we drafted lawrence timmons....and i also would like haden but he wont fall that far...i want Earl Thomas
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
just to let you know revis got picked ahead of us 3 years ago...when we drafted lawrence timmons....and i also would like haden but he wont fall that far...i want Earl Thomas
we all want earl thomas
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 105,262
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,404
Thanked 3,943 Times in 1,656 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
just to let you know revis got picked ahead of us 3 years ago...when we drafted lawrence timmons....and i also would like haden but he wont fall that far...i want Earl Thomas
I agree I want to see Earl Thomas in Black and Gold as well. I hate that Revis slipped out of our grasp three years ago. We wouldn't be having this problem at corner now.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #5
surcalifero
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 87
Member Number: 13079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Mostly all mock drafts I've check have Cody going late in the first round. If he is available I say we pick him up because he can surely stuff the middle.
surcalifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,446
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 339
Thanked 902 Times in 434 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I agree I want to see Earl Thomas in Black and Gold as well. I hate that Revis slipped out of our grasp three years ago. We wouldn't be having this problem at corner now.
He didn't quite "slip" out of our grasp. Tomlin learned a very painful lesson that year about keeping his big mouth shut during pre-Draft interviews.

I'm somewhat interested in that Mays kid from USC. It would be interesting to have two USC safeties - and I believe Pete Carroll's first and last - on the field for the same team.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 969
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surcalifero View Post
Mostly all mock drafts I've check have Cody going late in the first round. If he is available I say we pick him up because he can surely stuff the middle.
and mike tomlin just loves over weight out of shape linemen....
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 AM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 969
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
He didn't quite "slip" out of our grasp. Tomlin learned a very painful lesson that year about keeping his big mouth shut during pre-Draft interviews.

I'm somewhat interested in that Mays kid from USC. It would be interesting to have two USC safeties - and I believe Pete Carroll's first and last - on the field for the same team.
pete carroll just took the seattle job...seattle has the 6 th and 14 th pick...we'll find out what carroll thinks of mays in the nfl.....if seattle passes on him at 14..i wouldn't want him at 18
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,446
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 339
Thanked 902 Times in 434 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
pete carroll just took the seattle job...seattle has the 6 th and 14 th pick...we'll find out what carroll thinks of mays in the nfl.....if seattle passes on him at 14..i wouldn't want him at 18
Well, Seattle has needs everywhere. I wouldn't read too much into it if they take a QB and OT instead of Mays. Now, if they take another safety or DB generally, then your point would be well-taken.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #10
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer
 
steelcity1974's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 295
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9669
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Steelers # 18 in the Draft Order.

We have needs everywhere too....so the good thing about the 2010 draft is whoever we take in the first round will be expected to start their rookie year. As opposed to our last two first rounders.
__________________
steelcity1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts