Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default I know the steelers lost due to themselves.. but...

Does anyone recall some of the penalties called on the Steelers that stopped scoring drives? I remember this one play, Heath Miller was running a route, within 5 yards, a linebacker was standing there looking somewhere else, and was in the way of Millers route, so when they colided, the linebacker fell down. Now, the play only lasted like 3 seconds, Ben got the ball and threw it quickly to Ward on the other side of the field, it was a touchdown. The refs called pass interference on Miller... which is bull. Pass interference is when an offensive player pushed a defensive player so he can't have a play on the ball. There was no Ball thrown to MIller, plus he was within 5 yards, so illegal contact can't even be called.

I think the drive ended up with a field goal. I don't remember the game, maybe we won, maybe we lost. But its calls like that that make me think who the Refs are pulling for. I know Raven's fans feel the same way, but they are all whinny babies.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
Acerinox
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15579
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: I know the steelers lost due to themselves.. but...

This had better be an ironic post.
Acerinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerinox View Post
This had better be an ironic post.
Kind of :]

But I'm still right about the Miller thing, I remember the play. And I'm such a lame football fan I've watched NFL network with a passion for the past 5 years and know more rules and rule stipulations than most NFL coaches... So I was just wondering ya know if anyone else had complaints.... But Maybe I'm just a little out there.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Acerinox
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15579
My Mood: Lurking

Thank goodness! :) There's no doubt in my mind that that call was absolute ticky-tack BS.
But I know it is actually very difficult indeed to officiate - in almost any sport, to be honest.
Calls depend on where your guy is looking and what's gone before. If Heath is doing a lot of jarring and niggling though the game, then one time you're going to throw a flag on him just because you've seen enough of it. If your zebra is staring RIGHT AT him during the play then he could easily find himself tossing the flag before he's had time to think about it properly or digest the play-as-a-whole. And once it's out - well you've got to call it really. That whole "There was no foul on the play" thing is really embarassing for them!

So in short I don't blame the officials very often. They have a tough job that they f__ up occasionally, just like me! Of course ... there are exceptions that prove the rule...
Acerinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
Youngstown Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13759

If anyone has a right to complain about penalties, it's the Packers. How could the officials miss such a blatant facemask penalty? I guess since the Cards are Steelers West, the officials feel the need to cheat for them since the Steelers aren't in the playoffs.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Just the name of the game. Sometimes they go our way, sometimes they don't. You can't stop it, you just have to play through it.

Remember after review they ruled against Troy Polamalu's touchdown against the Bolts last year? Gotta win despite the refs.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote