Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #71
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Relative to other QB's, how much film study do you think Ben does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
In all honesty it might be kind of an escape for him. I'm just guessing based off of his performance last season. He had the best year of his career so far all within months of being accused of rape.
Commense with the raping and pillaging.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #72
Steeldude
Living Legend

BR put himself in this position. there are no excuses for not studying(not saying that he isn't) or performing well. he is given way too much money for practically any excuse to be valid.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 AM   #73
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
BR put himself in this position. there are no excuses for not studying(not saying that he isn't) or performing well. he is given way too much money for practically any excuse to be valid.
I have no problems with Ben's performance on the field last year. Even considering the Cleveland game, (which I'm still trying to forget), he managed to have a record braking season.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #74
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Ben's film study = College Girls Gone Wild
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #75
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8821
Thanked 1,165 Times in 611 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
Not bumping this to be an ass, but I imagine it will be really tough for him to get his mind on film study if he's worried about legal troubles. Or do you think it might now become an escape for him and he might be at the complex every day, you know, just to show the Rooney's how hard he's working. (My girls were like that, they never studied harder in school or helped out around the house more than right after they got in some kind of trouble. Just human nature)
Well, so much for my theory that his woes will make him work harder and be at the complex day and night to show the Rooneys how dedicated he is. Post-Gazette reports that OTA's started Monday, and Ben was the most notable no-show.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075/1043168-66.stm
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #76
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm sorry, but you can't throw at roughly 70% accuracy and throw more than twice as many TD's as INT's, not to mention having a 100 QBR in this league without being able to read a defense. This seems like just another excuse made up by people running out of excuses as to why Ben holds the ball too long.

If you watch him in the pocket, he is reading the defense. He goes through his reads as long as he has time, and then some. I just don't understand this obsession with ripping up every little thing about the team because they went 9-7 this year. He's just a gunslinger, and he'd rather hold the ball as long as possible rather than throw it away. That's really all there is to it.

Also, is there now some concern that Ben is NOT a student of the game? Because, again, you simply cannot put up numbers like he does without doing due diligence. I'm sure he watches as much film as any other top-flight NFL QB.
What you are saying is mostly true, but back in 05 I don't think that was the case. It's been widely publicized that Ben's teammates did not think he was putting in the work. Remember the little sit down Batch had with Ben two years ago? I have a feeling last year he changes his ways and put in the time. Because IMO he was a different QB this past season.

Unfortunately it all might not matter if he goes to jail.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:04 AM   #77
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I have no problems with Ben's performance on the field last year. Even considering the Cleveland game, (which I'm still trying to forget), he managed to have a record braking season.
Records are not hard to break anymore. The whole game and the rules favor offense, offense & offense. So to break a passing record, or td pass is not impressive in my mind. Now to play in like 25o consecutive games, that is impressive.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #78
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
Records are not hard to break anymore. The whole game and the rules favor offense, offense & offense. So to break a passing record, or td pass is not impressive in my mind. Now to play in like 25o consecutive games, that is impressive.
I like this statement and totally agree! Unfortunately the "fantasy football" mentality has taken over the NFL.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote