Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default LLT's Mock Draft and Prospect Breakdown

Well its that time of year. Those who have been around for awhile know that I am a self-professed "Draft-Geek". I have been posting most of my thoughts in several threads but just to keep my breakdowns in order (and to make it easier to find later) I will try and primarily keep my mock drafts and prospects here.

I would be happy to give my thoughts to anyone who has questions in regards to specific players. I actually enjoy the research.

Here is my latest Mock Draft:

1/12/2010

1. STL DT Ndamukong Suh
2. DET DT Gerald McCoy
3. TB S Eric Berry
4. WAS QB Sam Bradford
5. KC CB Joe Haden
6. SEA OT Russell Okung
7. CLE OLB/DE Derrick Morgan
8. OAK DE Carlos Dunlap
9. BUF QB Jimmy Clausen
10. DEN ILB Rolando McClain
11. JAC WR Dez Bryant
12. MIA DE Everson Griffen
13. SF OT Anthony Davis
14. SEA RB C.J. Spiller
15. NYG DE Sergio Kindle
16. SF S Earl Thomas
17. TEN DE Corey Wootton
18. PIT NT Dan Williams
19. ATL DE Jason Pierre-Paul
20. HOU CB Patrick Robinson
21. CIN TE Jermaine Gresham
22. NE DE Jared Odrick
23. GB OT Trent Williams
24. PHI RB Jonathan Dwyer
25. NYJ S Taylor Mays
26. BAL WR Brandon LaFell
27. ARI OT Bryan Bulaga
28. DAL OG Mike Iupati
29. MIN CB Syd'Quan Thompson
30. NO OLB Sean Weatherspoon
31. SD NT Terrance Cody
32. IND OT Bruce Campbell
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: LLT's Mock Draft and Prospect Breakdown

THANK YOU LLT.

Its not officially draft season on steelersfever until LLT cracks the lid open on his first official mock draft thread. I had a gut feeling you werent too far away from getting the ball rolling.

Looks like LLT is starting on the NT pathway for the steelers. Good call - Im guessing you think Hampton is on his way out via free agency for a big pay day.

Its a very solid draft. I am guessing that Pete Carroll would be pretty happy with your picks for Seattle.
49ers also load up very nicely as well.

Bulaga and Iupati are great value in the mid 20's. I wouldnt complain about a trade down if that was the case.

Thanks again brother I think I might crack open a bottle to celebrate the new draft season.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
THANK YOU LLT.

Its not officially draft season on steelersfever until LLT cracks the lid open on his first official mock draft thread. I had a gut feeling you werent too far away from getting the ball rolling.

Looks like LLT is starting on the NT pathway for the steelers. Good call - Im guessing you think Hampton is on his way out via free agency for a big pay day.

Its a very solid draft. I am guessing that Pete Carroll would be pretty happy with your picks for Seattle.
49ers also load up very nicely as well.

Bulaga and Iupati are great value in the mid 20's. I wouldnt complain about a trade down if that was the case.

Thanks again brother I think I might crack open a bottle to celebrate the new draft season.
Gotta go NT at this point...and yea, I think Hampton will end up in Houston.

I am predicting a Safety in the 2nd (Nate Allen)...instead of a CB, even though I acknowledge that CB is a weakness. The CB class is just very weak this year, so barring a miracle and Haden slides, I think that we will grab NT Dan Williams. IF we go CB in the 2nd , I think we might look at Brandon Ghee, out of Wake Forest.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 01-13-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Gotta go NT at this point...and yea, I think Hampton will end up in Houston.

I am predicting a Safety in the 2nd (Nate Allen)...instead of a CB, even though I acknowledge that CB is a weakness. The CB class is just very weak this year, so barring a miracle I think that we will grab Williams. IF we go CB in the 2nd , I think we might look at Brandon Ghee, out of Wake Forest.
I have gotta agree with Nate Allen in the 2nd. The only issue I have at the moment is that one of the quality OLB's might be sitting there when we pick. It would be very hard to pass up Eric Norwood if he was sitting there. I think he could play both OLB and ILB much like Timmons, but more in the Thumper mould that we all covet.

I am leaning towards FS, SS and LB in the first 4 rounds.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
I have gotta agree with Nate Allen in the 2nd. The only issue I have at the moment is that one of the quality OLB's might be sitting there when we pick. It would be very hard to pass up Eric Norwood if he was sitting there. I think he could play both OLB and ILB much like Timmons, but more in the Thumper mould that we all covet.

I am leaning towards FS, SS and LB in the first 4 rounds.
I like Norwood...he had seven sacks and 11.5 tackles for a loss this year and his versatility in playing both inside and outside raises his value.

I am trying to watch a little more film on OLB O'Brien Schofield... 6'2 250 lbs.... he had 10 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss this last year and should be there in the 3rd round.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steelier View Post
I have gotta agree with Nate Allen in the 2nd. The only issue I have at the moment is that one of the quality OLB's might be sitting there when we pick. It would be very hard to pass up Eric Norwood if he was sitting there. I think he could play both OLB and ILB much like Timmon's, but more in the Thumper mold that we all covet.

I am leaning to wards F'S, SS and LB in the first 4 rounds.
Now the rest of us will be playing catch up.

With the resent influx of DEs, a couple that might play LB in a 3-4 I think there could be a good chance Norwood would be there for us. I am also trying to find a NT in the 2nd in case we do get Thomas, or McClain in the 1st.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Now the rest of us will be playing catch up.

With the resent influx of DEs, a couple that might play LB in a 3-4 I think there could be a good chance Norwood would be there for us. I am also trying to find a NT in the 2nd in case we do get Thomas, or McClain in the 1st.
I dont like very many NT's outside of the 1st.

Torrell Troupe in the 4th and Cam Thomas as a late round gamble?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

I know that this is more a Steelers thing...but don't you think the Browns will go after Dez Bryant (assuming they don't trade down) instead? They really need a solid WR to play across from Massaquoi and now that Holmgren is in place, the offense will likely get more attention (IMO).

Assuming they trade down, I can see them going after a RT/S/CB instead to fix major holes.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I know that this is more a Steelers thing...but don't you think the Browns will go after Dez Bryant (assuming they don't trade down) instead? They really need a solid WR to play across from Massaquoi and now that Holmgren is in place, the offense will likely get more attention (IMO).

Assuming they trade down, I can see them going after a RT/S/CB instead to fix major holes.
Several possibilities for the Browns. With Holmgren now calling some of the shots I have had to rethink what they may do. I think there is a chance they trade down..but if Haden is on the boards, the Browns will grab him. If Haden is gone I dont see them passing on Morgan who is a blue chip 3-4 OLB.

As far as WR's...I think Holmgren is savvy enough to know that WR value translates through out every round...and a player like Golden Tate might be waiting for them in round 2.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Several possibilities for the Browns. With Holmgren now calling some of the shots I have had to rethink what they may do. I think there is a chance they trade down..but if Haden is on the boards, the Browns will grab him. If Haden is gone I dont see them passing on Morgan who is a blue chip 3-4 OLB.

As far as WR's...I think Holmgren is savvy enough to know that WR value translates through out every round...and a player like Golden Tate might be waiting for them in round 2.
I have serious reservations as to whether Haden makes it though. He's one of those rare specimens that could easily go Top 3 and likely is a Top 5. I'd certainly prefer him. Good call on Tate in the 2nd round...forgot about him. My biggest thing is that I just don't know that OLB is as big of a concern for us as CB/S/RT is. We could use another one...but this is a deep class of DE's...and I am confident we can find one in the 2nd or 3rd round that suits our needs. Even with Morgan projecting to play well at the next level.