Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
vrabinec
Assistant Coach
 
vrabinec's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,356
Member Number: 8821
Thanks: 322
Thanked 1,179 Times in 616 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Kinda cool site..

Still exploring, but some things that I find interesting are that according to them, Hartwig has been the worst C in the NFL for the last two years. Reed was the worst kicker in the NFL this year. Colon was the best pass blocking tackle in the NFL. Woodley was the best 3-4 OLB. Gay, as bad as he was, was better than Ike, but both sucked. Clark was actually decent (which contradicts what I've been claiming). Timmons was a top 10 ILB. anyway, here ya go.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
Still exploring, but some things that I find interesting are that according to them, Hartwig has been the worst C in the NFL for the last two years. Reed was the worst kicker in the NFL this year. Colon was the best pass blocking tackle in the NFL. Woodley was the best 3-4 OLB. Gay, as bad as he was, was better than Ike, but both sucked. Clark was actually decent (which contradicts what I've been claiming). Timmons was a top 10 ILB. anyway, here ya go.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1
How was Reed the worst kicker? He's the worst KickOff kicker, but hes one of the better place kickers
Woodley has a bad coverage rating.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Steel-Bryan
Starter
 
Steel-Bryan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 493
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

thats horrible
__________________
I am a graphic designer.
BRExcellence.us
Steel-Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
SMR
Starter
 
SMR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 557
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Bryan View Post
thats horrible
Yer right. And to top it off, we have NO Stillers in the Pro Bowl this year.

sigh.....
SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
vrabinec
Assistant Coach
 
vrabinec's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,356
Member Number: 8821
Thanks: 322
Thanked 1,179 Times in 616 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
How was Reed the worst kicker? He's the worst KickOff kicker, but hes one of the better place kickers
Woodley has a bad coverage rating.
Reed was 47th in kickoff distance, 38th in kickoff height, 21st in long FGs, and only 12th in GD percentage overall.

Yeah, Woodley is better off rushing the passer. Unfortunately, Farrior has even a worse coverage rating, and somebody on that side of the field should be covering people.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
Yer right. And to top it off, we have NO Stillers in the Pro Bowl this year.

sigh.....
we have 2 actually
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
Reed was 47th in kickoff distance, 38th in kickoff height, 21st in long FGs, and only 12th in GD percentage overall.

Yeah, Woodley is better off rushing the passer. Unfortunately, Farrior has even a worse coverage rating, and somebody on that side of the field should be covering people.
21 and 12 should be the only reasonably stats there. Kickers aren't paid big money to make kick offs, they make money to make field goals. Which is why most teams have 2 kickers.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
vrabinec
Assistant Coach
 
vrabinec's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,356
Member Number: 8821
Thanks: 322
Thanked 1,179 Times in 616 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
21 and 12 should be the only reasonably stats there. Kickers aren't paid big money to make kick offs, they make money to make field goals. Which is why most teams have 2 kickers.
Well, considering we gave up 4 returns for touchdowns, I have to say that I think a good locg kickoff is a valuable thing. And the site doesn't differentiate between the guys who shouldn't be kicking off, but are because the team is too stubborn to get a dedicated kick off guy. As far as field goal kickers go, yeah, he's not the worst, but overall? I can't formulate a good argument against it.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #9
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
Well, considering we gave up 4 returns for touchdowns, I have to say that I think a good locg kickoff is a valuable thing. And the site doesn't differentiate between the guys who shouldn't be kicking off, but are because the team is too stubborn to get a dedicated kick off guy. As far as field goal kickers go, yeah, he's not the worst, but overall? I can't formulate a good argument against it.
I guess you can say its his fault for the kickoff returns for touchdowns, since on like 2 of them, he made a very bad atempt to make the touchdown saving tackle and failed.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
Psyychoward86
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,463
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kinda cool site..

oh god, guys dont use that website. This guy on another forum that i post on refers to that website all the time. It's wildly inaccurate.

Nnamdhi Asomugha is NOT the 17th best CB in the league

heath Miller is NOT the 31st best Tight end in the league


Last edited by Psyychoward86; 01-14-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts