Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Another mock draft attempt

Here is my second attempt for the steelers 2010 mock, only going 4 rounds this time.

1. ****Trade****
New England gives their 12th and 15th pick in the 2nd to move up ahead of Atlanta and grab a DE. They need a pash rush and Atlanta does too. And seriously NE has a lot of picks in the draft this year, because they traded out of last year's weak class. They can afford to trade up.

2. Brandon Spikes ILB
Gotta take him if he is still around.

2b. Nate Allen FS
Nice pickup here because Allen is a playmaker and can play both safety positions to help for depth.

2c. Sergio Kindle OLB
How is he still on the board here? Great value pick.

3. Amari Spievey CB
Iowa CB that can become a true shutdown corner, falls due to overall draft talent. His stats may not be great, but thats because only one team threw his direction, Wisconsin, and both his picks came in that game.

4. Rodney Hudson OG
Lol, first offensive pick of the draft for me. Anyways, proven guard at FSU and will be a solid lineman.

That's what I got, tell me what you think.

Last edited by Steel Glory; 01-16-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Default Re: Another mock draft attempt

Updated draft trade, thanks MOP

1. Trade with Kansas City for their 4 and 18th pick in 2nd round for our 1st and 5th (should get another pick at the end of this round, maybe 2) KC goes with the best player available with their 1st pick, Eric Berry. Second pick in the first they go after need and take Bruce Campbell LT.

Also Sergio Kindle pick is changed to Eric Norwood. Same principle. Feel free to point out any other stupid mistakes lol

Last edited by Steel Glory; 01-19-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: stupid mistake first time
Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,803 Posts

you are aware that NE runs a 3-4 right ? so what pass rushing 3-4 DE are they so fired up about that they would trade two 2nd rounders for ?
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I'm glad Spievey's name is starting to come up. I wasn't goning to do it. Well known Iowa homer.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
you are aware that NE runs a 3-4 right ? so what pass rushing 3-4 DE are they so fired up about that they would trade two 2nd rounders for ?
Oops

I meant to change that... When I bumped my post I didn't even realize it. It was my lack of sleep that did it, because I posted the topic around 12 am. I'll edit it to some other trade, I had one on my mind but now I can't remember :(
Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Most likely the Steelers will not trade up. I think if anything they may trade down. But I hope they stay put and get the best available player at either DB or S or Offensive Line.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Why are you asking us why Sergio Kindle is still on the board?? it's your mock LOL!

I like the idea of a trade down but we might be better off moving down to later in the 1st rather than going all the way down to 2.12. My thinking is that if there are 4 or 5 guys who you like and think are late 1st talent, then move back a few picks and get who's left while picking up another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I do think NE might consider trading up for say Odrick at 3-4 DE but I believe Houston, Atlanta and Cincinatti are all 4-3 teams so there's be no need unless the Steelers would be taking him. Maybe if they're targeting OL this might make sense. They could trade their 1st and 3rd to us to move up 4 spots. (maybe we throw them a 5th to even this out)
Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post
Why are you asking us why Sergio Kindle is still on the board?? it's your mock LOL!

I like the idea of a trade down but we might be better off moving down to later in the 1st rather than going all the way down to 2.12. My thinking is that if there are 4 or 5 guys who you like and think are late 1st talent, then move back a few picks and get who's left while picking up another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I do think NE might consider trading up for say Odrick at 3-4 DE but I believe Houston, Atlanta and Cincinatti are all 4-3 teams so there's be no need unless the Steelers would be taking him. Maybe if they're targeting OL this might make sense. They could trade their 1st and 3rd to us to move up 4 spots. (maybe we throw them a 5th to even this out)
It was a rhetorical question the first time. When I edited it the second I decided he wouldn't last that far and switched him out for another player. Anyways, I think the second round talent is just as good as the late first round talent for the positions we have of need. There is a lot of players that could go in the second round and all of them are pretty solid. Thats why I traded to get 2 second round picks instead of a first and a third. I think we can get more talent that way.