Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #21
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Ratbirds - Got what they deserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Better than what? I am a Steelers fan, but it's just sad to see the things that other fans are saying, and wondering whether or not they actually believe it. Sour grapes, just kinda pathetic.
you dont sound like a steeler fan.

they nearly lost to a steeler team with a then 3rd string qb with a few days of snaps. like two. not good ey? dennis dixon raped there defense with his skills
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #22
Larry
Banned

Member Number: 15605

Whatever, they had us by the throats at Pittsburgh and some of you are just in denial. You only consider the things that are favorable to your team, and not the unfavorable facts. We lost to four bad teams, they took care of business. I don't know how the first game would have played out with Ben playing, but if the second game was any indication then I really can't state with any confidence that we would have won. They went 9-7 with a harder schedule than us, and all I said was that they were mediocre, and so were we. And what is this BS about "uhh, they lost the must win game, so we're better!!!LOL!!" Are you guys that retarded? We lost at the very least 3 must win games in a row, Baltimore, Oakland, CLEVELAND. I don't even want to think about Kansas City...
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
you dont sound like a steeler fan.
Dude's about as much a Steelers fan as I am the Pope. His pretending that he is is getting REALLY tiresome at this point.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #24
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Quote:
Flush the entire city down the friggin bay.
The bay is already bad enough
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #25
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Quote:
I was there for the Monday Night game in '07. The crowd was not in a frenzy. The stadium wasn't even full. At halftime, when the 75th anniversary team came out, 90% of the seats were empty. There was almost nobody tailgating. They had no chants or cheers and barely made any noise at all. Ravens fans yelled, cheered and taunted with no response. I have no idea where this myth of the great football atmosphere in Pittsburgh comes from. It's not there. It doesn't exist. The Ravens lost the 2007 game because Steve McNair and Corey Ivy stunk up the joint. They lost last year because they had a rookie quarterback. End of story. Of course it's not fair to have to play on prime time every year in your biggest rival's home stadium, but the Ravens could win that game this year if they played it. Just ask Joe Flacco if he hates going to Pittsburgh as much as Ben Roethlisberger hates coming to Baltimore. Next to the bunch at M&T, their crowd doesn't exist.
What on earth is this guy talking about? 90% of the seats were empty? We've sold out every home game since 1972, just another piece of trash from Baltimore.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I have one question for Larry.

Where are Curly and Moe?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #27
Larry
Banned

Member Number: 15605

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Dude's about as much a Steelers fan as I am the Pope. His pretending that he is is getting REALLY tiresome at this point.
Yeah, I guess encountering a reasonable fan around here is like finding a needle in a haystack. You guys are nuts, and any objective observer reading what I said in previous comments would agree. Everyone outside of Pittsburgh was laughing at the Steelers this season during their 5 game shit streak, and some of the losses were pretty embarrassing. Ugh, having been a Steelers fan through the bad times, I can honestly say that I've never seen such a transition in a fan base from humble to arrogant pricks who can't accept the truth when it hurts. It really is maddening, because I always thought we had the best fans, until I saw what success had done to morons like you.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #28
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Yeah, I guess encountering a reasonable fan around here is like finding a needle in a haystack. You guys are nuts, and any objective observer reading what I said in previous comments would agree. Everyone outside of Pittsburgh was laughing at the Steelers this season during their 5 game shit streak, and some of the losses were pretty embarrassing. Ugh, having been a Steelers fan through the bad times, I can honestly say that I've never seen such a transition in a fan base from humble to arrogant pricks who can't accept the truth when it hurts. It really is maddening, because I always thought we had the best fans, until I saw what success had done to morons like you.
I think it's just been a rough season, and yes, it has been hard to get over for some.

I've disagreed with you on various things before, but I don't doubt that your a Steelers fan...you're just not a rah-rah fan, which is perfectly fine. I don't see why arguments like this get taken so far when really, the bottom line is both the Steelers and Ravens had a rather mediocre season (as you've already said). The Steelers were simply expected to do better after winning the SB and having a rather easy schedule. Hey, shit happens though.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
9-7 = 9-7. Both are mediocre.

No need to get frustrated and start calling people names because you think the Rats 9-7 was somehow > than our 9-7.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Funny, I didn't know "real" fans did nothing but diss their own fanbase, which is about what 3/4 of your posts have done. I've been more than critical of the bandwagoners and fairweather idiots that have infested our fanbase (over the last 5 years or so especially), but I don't make it a point to go out of my way to do so with every 2nd or 3rd post I make, unlike poser shitheads like you.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote