Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default STEELERS 2010 DRAFT OPINIONS/PICKS

The team needs a good CB or a good Safety this draft's first 2 rounds!!!....they can draft any other positional needs after the Second Round!!! I don't think they will go RB because they have Moore....and I don't think they will go ILB because timmons is really stepping up his game(they would probably only choose a MLB if a good one falls right to them!)....

I know a lot of people won't agree with me but I say the steelers take a chance on Taylor Mays FS from USC because both our Safeties Clark and Carter's contracts are up at the end of this season... and they are in their 30's after this season as well!!!! Also they have two young CB in their roster Burnett and Lewis who after this year will be comfortable with the playbook.....thus they will be ready to play next season over DUMBASS GAY!!!(Man GAY is HORRIBLE!!!!!) This would eliminate the Steelers from selecting a CB in the first round(unless a good one falls right to them!) Anyways Mays is a big hitter(like Ryan Clark) who is very RAW!!!.. His cover skills aren't great but he can learn because he is a very raw athlete....Doesn't that sound similar to another player(safety) that also played for USC a while back???.....He reminds me of Troy P!!!! If Troy Polamalu takes him under his wing, believe me Taylor Mays will be an above average to a great player in the NFL!!!!! That's assuming that Stupid AL Davis doesn't draft Mays because of his combine numbers....I just hope Mays slips to the Steelers!!! Everyone who knocks on Mays for his coverage skills will eat their words if Polamalu gets the chance to help Mays reach his potential!!!! They would strike fear in opposing offenses for years to come!!!!

Mays:

Another option in the first round would be a good CB...e.g...Hayden or even Ras-I Dowling!! But like I mentioned before they would probably not go that route because they already have two young guys developing(Lewis and Burnett)....Lewis is compared to Ike Taylor because of his size and physicality....Burnett is a pretty good athlete but he is kinda short 5'9!.....but I would take him any day over DUMBASS GAY!!!!! I just hope that they develop for next season because I cannot stand GAY....I guess his last name says a lot about his play...LOL.....I HATE HIM because he's the most obvious WEAKNESS on the Steelers defense!!!! He really shouldn't even be playing in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayden:

Dowling:

Well anyways let me know who you want the Steelers to choose or who you think they might choose come draft day!!!.....Go Steelers!!!! Hope they make the Playoffs and if they do, they are winning the Super Bowl AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456
Default Re: STEELERS 2010 DRAFT OPINIONS/PICKS

I want Mays, I want Hayden but he will be gone.
I would love to get Terrence Cody, 3-4 NT to replace large Casey when he retires and he'll be 33 to start the season so his time will be up as is Chris Hoke who will turn 34 this offseason
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I am leaning towards a defensive back or NT.

Players that I think we have a chance to get?

If we lose Sunday and pick in the top 20...we have an outside chance at Haden, any of the Safeties outside of Berry and I think both NT's (Cody & Williams) could be there.

If we win and/or make the playoffs....No chance at Haden, but Dowling may be there...Still have a shot at a good safety, and one of he NT's will probably be on the board.

Scenario may be:

Round 1: Dan Williams
Round 2: Safety Nate Allen

???
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I have been pimping Mount Terrance Cody out of 'Bama all year. If he falls to us and we take him, I will be one happy Steeler fan!

We need a SS backup for Troy. Nobody can replace him, but there shouldn't be this much of a drop off due to the loss of one player. If we could find a solid SS who plays with the fundamentals, then the secondary wouldn't look so damn bad if Troy can't go.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
BlackNGold88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15725

Taylor Mays is no good. He is just like Roy Williams, horrible in coverage and just goes for the big hit. Haden would be nice to get.

Cody should be there around the time we pick. Not sure if I would select him that high, we could deal back a few picks and still get him.
BlackNGold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:12 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,662 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold88 View Post
Taylor Mays is no good. He is just like Roy Williams, horrible in coverage and just goes for the big hit. Haden would be nice to get.

Cody should be there around the time we pick. Not sure if I would select him that high, we could deal back a few picks and still get him.
thats what i've been saying. everybody is obsessed with his size and 40 time, they overlook his actual play on the field. he's basically just a bigger faster ryan clark.. .... i want a fs that actually knows how to play the ball. someone that comes up with picks ...you know..the things steelers DON'T get too often... i'll take a smaller slower earl thomas any day over a taylor mays. maybe mays can be coached up in the nfl...maybe not... i think he should put on a few lbs and play weak side lber.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

lol....my bad i misspelled Joe Haden's last name....lol....it should say HADEN!!!!

Well n-e ways Taylor is a SS....not a OLB....I've been hearing a lot of reports say that Mays can play OLB....I'ts possible but I think he would probably be better suited @ SS ....thats assuming if he doesn't learn how to cover and play as a true FS at the next level!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
Rdp616
Banned

Member Number: 15742

I would'nt give up on Clark yet, Troy not being out there does not help the other DB's performances. Look at last year, People would've called you idiotic if you were to say get rid of Ryan Clark, He had a VERY nice pick today in the Dolphins game, he still has skills out there in Coverage. 1 iffy season an people wanna start ditching player's. #43 not being out there this year was 95% of our Defensive problems.
Rdp616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #9
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdp616 View Post
I would'nt give up on Clark yet, Troy not being out there does not help the other DB's performances. Look at last year, People would've called you idiotic if you were to say get rid of Ryan Clark, He had a VERY nice pick today in the Dolphins game, he still has skills out there in Coverage. 1 iffy season an people wanna start ditching player's. #43 not being out there this year was 95% of our Defensive problems.

Thats assuming if Ryan Clark is signed by the Steelers!! I would sign Casey Hampton over Ryan Clark any day of the week!!!!!....Besides you can find a good FS in the draft or even Mundy would probably do a decent job filling in....that's all assuming if Clark doesn't resign with the Steelers.....Clark is still alright but he is getting up there in age....How much gas does he have left in the tank????
Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

For me the draft option can't be answered until we see if casey is signed, franchised or let go...

Im going saftey more than cornerback, Gay may have played disturbingly bad this year (at times he played well) but the great thing is he's young along with burnett and lewis they can learn and be great, we've seen that gay can play well (2008 season) but sure id love to see a shutdown corner that can actually intercept.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote