Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,290 Posts
Default Steelers Owner Art Rooney Reinstates Their Secret Formula For Winning!

Quote:
by
Timothy Kessler Analyst

40 articles written
2281 comments written
32 fans

View Profile
Analyst

I wrote this article over six months ago, and I felt there was no better time than now to bring it back, as Art Rooney II apparently read it himself… finally.

He has taken control and also told his coaches to read it before the start of next season.

Not only to read it, but to implement it into their daily thinking and the team’s philosophy once again.

The information that lies within this short article has led to a league leading six Lombardi Trophies. Believe that or not, it’s true, and Rooney wants a seventh.

So I lifted the patent once again.

This is going to be one of the most scientifically based articles that you will ever read, as well as politically correct, I might add. So buckle in, read carefully, and try and follow along.

Since this is concerning Pittsburgh’s “recently ignored but thankfully reinstated” secret formula for winning, only Steelers fans are allowed to read any further.

Thank you for your compliance.

We certainly do not need any New England patrons trying to sneak yet another advantage over us, as they already have by acquiring our signals earlier this decade.

Without any further adieu, let us begin…

Every one of us has heard the saying that “the best offense is a great defense”. Have you not? Yes you have. So there is our first truth.

We are going to accept it as such because there is nothing more scientific than popular belief. It is almost as good as seeing something on TV, or with your own eyes. So it has got to be true.

Now, I am going to try and attempt to prove another statement as truth without the backing of popular belief or acceptance.

This is not an easy thing to do. Please do not attempt this at home. This should only be attempted under the supervision of a trained debating professional.

Here we go…”the best defense is a great running offense”.

Why do I say that? More importantly, why are you going to accept it as truth?

Well, first…because I am telling you to. Second, it would be really nice of you. Third and most importantly, the article will not work unless you do. So just accept it and keep reading.

Here are also some facts that prove it to be true.

1- A good running game will keep our defense off the field and fresh as our offense will be on the field longer. They will be more capable of defending the field because they will have more energy.

2- A good running game will keep the opposing teams defense on the field longer as it eat up time of possession, tiring them out by the fourth quarter. They will be less capable of defending the field because they will have less energy.

3- A good running game will keep the opposing teams offense off the field as well. The longer they are off the field, the less chance they have of scoring.

4- A good running game will keep the opposing team’s defense more honest, which will result in a better passing game, giving us a better chance at scoring.

This bodes well for our chances of success. It has been proven over many years of trial and error; hence, it is now a scientifically proven fact that…“the best defense is a great running offense”.

Popular belief and acceptance of this newly found statement will soon follow. Without a doubt it will become as widely accepted as “the best offense is a great defense”.

With that still fresh in our minds; let us apply both of those facts to another greatly known and widely used mathematical equation, shall we?

If A=B and B=C then, of course, A=C.

So, if…

“the best offense” (A) = “a great defense” (B) …as is widely accepted

And…

“the best defense” (B) = “a great running offense” (C) …as we just proved

Then it absolutely holds true that…

“the best offense” (A) = “a great running offense” (C)

It has now become not only a football fact, but a mathematical fact as well.

There you have it. Undisputed scientific proof as to why the Steelers should have never left their run-first style of offense to become a pass heavy team.

Art Rooney has recently come to realize it himself, after reading this very article, of course. It was the Pittsburgh Steelers’ secret formula to consistently winning over the past 40 years and it will be again.

There can be no denying it. I do not expect to see a single person disagree. (If he only knew)

The look on Polamalu's face proves it, as he contemplates all the scientific intricacies behind the formula itself.

I just hope no New England fans read the whole way through this article, or we will have to stop them before they reach Belichick with this ancient Pittsburgh Steelers secret.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...burgh_Steelers

He has valid points but I'm sure it'll be labeled another POS article from another "blog retard".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
Default Re: Steelers Owner Art Rooney Reinstates Their Secret Formula For Winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...burgh_Steelers

He has valid points but I'm sure it'll be labeled another POS article from another "blog retard".

OK two great premises...................BOTH OF THEM

and yes the rules have changed to make passing easier than running and offense easier than defense

SO LETS IGNORE THAT ............and go back to smash mouth football

sumtimes understanding where yu are what yu got is more important than rules of times gone by even if the fundamentals of those rules still exist

The Steelers are a passing team now.....................get over it.....................

and somebody bring back the defense

and oh YEAH special teams which you omiited which is a third of the game is NON EXISTENT IN PITTSBURGH

so my message...........get with it..........fix the special teams and the defense and all things will be OK.................unless you want to run for two yards and punt
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491
Default Re: Steelers Owner Art Rooney Reinstates Their Secret Formula For Winning!

I have always felt that if you can run the ball control the clock it will shorten the game give your defense rest and keep any high powered offense off the field and tire out the opposing teams defense.

If this is so simple why is it not used more in the NFL?

Not disagree just posing a question!
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
"blog retard".
I have a major problem with the new infraction system and I am going to put it out there and I dont care if I get speared from the site for it.

People can get infracted for all sorts of things ( and rightfully so) but it appears that it is fine for this board to use the intellectually disabled as a legitimate reference points for putting people down and in such an open matter.

some examples

Quote:
Which means exactly jack and shit at the NFL level.
And it's "Fichtner," not "Fitchner." I know I've mentioned this before, but Matt Pawlikowski = RETARD.
Quote:
Here's a hint: If you can't handle being called a retard, either stop posting retarded garbage or just put me on ignore.
I have been a member of this site for two years and have tolerated this terms use as being acceptable under the laws of the land.

Please explain to me how under the new system of infractions it is OK to villify the intellectually disabled but not attack a person for their country of origin. We are not allowed to swear or imitate swearing but we can openly use an offensive term to many.

I am the proud father of an eleven year old girl with down syndrome ( major intellectual disability). I have bit my tongue for two years and chose not to be precious.............. but I cannot bite any more. you wont tolerate ,and I quote, "red neck hillbilly" but you will tolerate the R word ( which I cannot bring myself to say)

If you want to clean this board up please do so on a consistent basis. I am disgusted everytime I see the word used, it is offensive to me and a very large set of the worlds population today. I cannot speak on behalf of other groups that are frequently villified ( on the grounds of race, religion or sexuality) but I place this in the same category. I havent walked a mile in the shoes of someone from another race, religion or sexual orientation but I have definitely walked many miles with my daughter to overcome the inequalities that she faces daily.

If the R word is tolerated then I will call it for what it is .......HYPOCRISY

MACH1 .........props to you for calling this word out in the post I have quoted at the top of the page. Respect to you.

I love this board and I am here daily. I love the dialouge with most and if you know me, you know how much I love the warroom. But If a holiday is warranted..........so be it.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

well if you want to run the ball, you first have to have linemen that are good at run blocking.... doing your line shopping in rounds 4 thru 7 year after year isn't going to produce good run blocking linemen...
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
well if you want to run the ball, you first have to have linemen that are good at run blocking.... doing your line shopping in rounds 4 thru 7 year after year isn't going to produce good run blocking linemen...
Completely agree. Aren't you glad that we're probably stuck with these hacks for another 4 years?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Please explain to me how under the new system of infractions it is OK to villify the intellectually disabled but not attack a person for their country of origin. We are not allowed to swear or imitate swearing but we can openly use an offensive term to many.
Because it's not "vilifying" anyone, and usually the only ones offended by it are those who are hypersensitive to it because they either have a family member who's retarded, or they teach special ed classes. Should we ban fat jokes next, or give people a warning for saying the referee is blind?

Sorry, but I just don't see a push toward increasing political correctness as having anything resembling a positive effect. It's gone far enough as it is.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
OK two great premises...................BOTH OF THEM

and yes the rules have changed to make passing easier than running and offense easier than defense

SO LETS IGNORE THAT ............and go back to smash mouth football

sumtimes understanding where yu are what yu got is more important than rules of times gone by even if the fundamentals of those rules still exist

The Steelers are a passing team now.....................get over it.....................

and somebody bring back the defense

and oh YEAH special teams which you omiited which is a third of the game is NON EXISTENT IN PITTSBURGH

so my message...........get with it..........fix the special teams and the defense and all things will be OK.................unless you want to run for two yards and punt

That worked out real well didn't it?

You don't have to be smash mouth to run the ball. We need to be ABLE to run it when we have too and keep the D's honest and guessing. We should be ABLE to pick up a 3-1 by running it, not going shotgun every time. With a good run game it's easier to control the game and keep our D off the field for an extended amount of time while wearing the opposing D out. Balance!

Just my opinion.

The defense is a different topic.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,318 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:

I am the proud father of an eleven year old girl with down syndrome ( major intellectual disability). I have bit my tongue for two years and chose not to be precious.............. but I cannot bite any more. you wont tolerate ,and I quote, "red neck hillbilly" but you will tolerate the R word ( which I cannot bring myself to say)

Good on ya for bringing it up. I have worked with Special Olympians in the past, but dont have an immediate connection to "the mentally handicapped" or "developmentally delayed", so I never brought it up before.....but I too find it a disrespectful term.

If others here ever worked with mentally handicapped kids, they would never use the "R" word.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I have a major problem with the new infraction system and I am going to put it out there and I dont care if I get speared from the site for it.

People can get infracted for all sorts of things ( and rightfully so) but it appears that it is fine for this board to use the intellectually disabled as a legitimate reference points for putting people down and in such an open matter.

some examples

I have been a member of this site for two years and have tolerated this terms use as being acceptable under the laws of the land.

If you want to clean this board up please do so on a consistent basis. I am disgusted everytime I see the word used, it is offensive to me and a very large set of the worlds population today. I cannot speak on behalf of other groups that are frequently villified ( on the grounds of race, religion or sexuality) but I place this in the same category. I havent walked a mile in the shoes of someone from another race, religion or sexual orientation but I have definitely walked many miles with my daughter to overcome the inequalities that she faces daily.

If the R word is tolerated then I will call it for what it is .......HYPOCRISY

MACH1 .........props to you for calling this word out in the post I have quoted at the top of the page. Respect to you.

I love this board and I am here daily. I love the dialouge with most and if you know me, you know how much I love the warroom. But If a holiday is warranted..........so be it.
Aussie - you know I love the hell out of ya and though I agree in principle with what you are saying, all I can do at this point is ASK that our members refrain from using that word as it, understandably of course, is offensive to you. I am in remission from cancer and when I see people toss the "C" word around, i.e. "so and so is a cancer to that team" it bothers me a bit but I realize that it isn't being used to offend me and I move on. I can't disagree with what steelreserve is saying:

Quote:
Should we ban fat jokes next, or give people a warning for saying the referee is blind?
If the word "retard" is thrown around so as to directly make fun of mentally disabled people, it will not be tolerated as that is just plain mean.

LOL @ you at being banned for expressing yourself so respectfully.

God Bless you and your sweet girl!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote