Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 01-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default I found this to be funny

I found a mock draft that had this pick and look what he said.

18. PIT: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson*
The Steelers have no major holes and they can never have too many running backs. Spiller was unbelievable for Clemson in 2009 despite rarely playing at 100 percent.

No major holes.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814
Default Re: I found this to be funny

here's another humorous bit. This is a draft grade of last year's class:

Quote:
Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers stuck to the game plan of getting high character, high effort, team players. They eschewed the chance to take possible high impact guys with questions, which is the luxury a returning champ has, to take guys who will fill roles well and not talk out of turn. Ziggy Hood can eat glass, spit it out, and then walk on it, he’ll be an excellent grinder up front at a position that was getting thin. Kraig Urbik will instantly improve the short yardage running game and let’s hope he beats out Darnell Stapleton. Mike Wallace gives the team a real kick return threat and he has the speed to reprise Nate Washington’s role in the slot if Limas Sweed doesn’t develop. Keenan Lewis is a great bump and run corner who will need safety help over the top. Frank Summers gives the team a real short yardage back, basically Carey Davis with a mean streak.

My favorite pick was AQ Shipley, a local kid who will start for this team, I don’t care that he has short arms.

Best Pick: 7(226) AQ Shipley, C, Penn State - When I watched James Laurinaitis in the PSU/OSU game, all I saw was Shipley up in his grill all day.

Worst Pick: 1(32) Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri - Not a terrible pick, but felt too safe when guys like Alphonso Smith, Darius Butler, and Eben Britton were still on the board.
Grade: C
http://draftguys.com/index.php/artic...s_-_afc_north/
Old 01-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Not knocking Ziggy...because i think he will be good for us...but would have been nice to have Butler (or even Smith), especially after seeing this year play out.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

lol silly people
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

there's peple right here on this board not only pimping spillar, but jahvid best....
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
there's peple right here on this board not only pimping spillar, but jahvid best....
Both are solid RBs who give this team speed at RB if Parker is let go.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
Both are solid RBs who give this team speed at RB if Parker is let go.
can he play NT if hampton isn't resigned ? can he play safety if clark isn't resigned? can he backup at either safty positions? can he replace farrior in the near future at linebacker? how about olber, if woodly or harrison get injured, can he fill in? the lin is still average at best can he upgrade any position there or add quality depth? acn he play cornerback ?
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #8
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
can he play NT if hampton isn't resigned ? can he play safety if clark isn't resigned? can he backup at either safty positions? can he replace farrior in the near future at linebacker? how about olber, if woodly or harrison get injured, can he fill in? the lin is still average at best can he upgrade any position there or add quality depth? acn he play cornerback ?
Lots of what ifs in there. We have no idea who will be on the board if we pick, if Haden or Thomas are gone by pick 18 who would you pick? Reach for a guard who isn't elite, but solid? Reach for a CB that we could probably land in round 2? O lets pick a back up LB in round 1 or 2 that will probably never see the field behind Woodley and wouldnt for a while behind Harrison. You pick depth in later rounds. Spiller or Best would see the field a lot and give us a legit homerun hitter at RB.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
Lots of what ifs in there. We have no idea who will be on the board if we pick, if Haden or Thomas are gone by pick 18 who would you pick? Reach for a guard who isn't elite, but solid? Reach for a CB that we could probably land in round 2? O lets pick a back up LB in round 1 or 2 that will probably never see the field behind Woodley and wouldnt for a while behind Harrison. You pick depth in later rounds. Spiller or Best would see the field a lot and give us a legit homerun hitter at RB.
Why not take Terrence Cody if Haden and Thomas is gone if we don't start getting some youth in some of our positions then one day we are going to turn around and all of our starters will be old and injured and no one ready to replace them.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #10
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
Why not take Terrence Cody if Haden and Thomas is gone if we don't start getting some youth in some of our positions then one day we are going to turn around and all of our starters will be old and injured and no one ready to replace them.
I'm not even saying take one of them in round 1. Im just saying its silly to rule out Best in round 2. When is the last time they haven't thrown a curve ball at us in the first 2 rounds? Cody is solid for sure and I would have no problem taking him at #18. We have drafted well enough over the years that I trust we can land some solid players in the later sounds. Hopefully none of these guys will be asked to start from day 1. Unless is Thomas or Haden, I don't fell confident enough in them starting that soon.