Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #21
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328
Default Re: Stopping Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Courson's_Liver
Alaxander will be no factor... he amassed the majority of his yards against crap teams. He will have between 30-70 yards.
You're right, Alaxander will be no factor. But Alexander will and he'll scamper for more yards than the Steelers hhave given up all year.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #22
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksfan
You're right, Alaxander will be no factor. But Alexander will and he'll scamper for more yards than the Steelers hhave given up all year.

Why will he have more yards then anyone else we have faced? Please explain!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #23
Large_Ant
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
What if it's a SD v SF type SB, and like 55-3 with 10 minutes left? I'd consider a Shaun Alexander TD against our back-ups a garbage time TD.
Well in the highly unlikely event that was the case, Alexander probably wouldn't even be in the game. Still makes no sense.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #24
Large_Ant
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Why will he have more yards then anyone else we have faced? Please explain!
Not that I necessarily agree that it will be the case (although it could happen), one easy explanation would be that Seattle has the best offensive line you've faced all year. Stopping a good RB is only half the battle. To get to said RB, you have to be successful at beating the offensive line. Pitt has a great defense and Seattle has arguably the best offensive line in the league. IF the Seahawks are able to win that battle, there's no telling how many yards Shaun could get.

I would normally think that he would be fairly unsuccessful against that defensive front but then again the Panthers were one of the best run defenses in the league this year and he hit them for 132 yds and 2 TDs. Frankly, I don't care who gets how many yards. The important thing is that the offense stays balanced and is effective.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #25
Large_Ant
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i dont know if john riggins just doesn like him but he has been questionning his toughness for 3 weeks, after he was to concussed to come back into the game against washington, yet was on camera hopping and jumping around, all laughing and smiling. he said back in his day they would be back out on the field. now i know we know more about cuncussions now a days and seattle could beat washington without shawn.

riggens went as far to suggest that shawn was ducking the spotlight in a big game and cracking under pressure, as he brought up all his past play off failures. said that shawns preformance in the champ game and sb if they got there could have a huge effect on his contract status.

could shawn have playing for millions of dollars on his mind?

jerome is playing for.......well, we all know the jerome bettis story now.

(anyone remember willie 'bout to break out" parker?)
You guys seem pretty smart. Glance back through this post and ask yourself how many excuses there are in it. Riggins is just mad that his former team embarrassed their legacy in that game. If Shaun would play hard against the Panthers (a better defense) then why wouldn't he play hard against the Redskins?

Maybe it is exactly what it seemed. He got a concussion and the team deemed that they could win the game without risking not having him for the NFC CG. He's okay in the Conference Championship and has a great game. Naaah, that's always too easy. People reach and stretch for a much more likely answer like a guy who has run for 1880 yards is secretly too afraid to run in a high profile game despite the fact that he is considered an attention ***** who craves the spotlight for his own personal reasons.

Quit listening to the analysts. Next thing you know they'll be telling you that Joey Porter shot himself because he was afraid of Jamal Lewis.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #26
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Ant
Not that I necessarily agree that it will be the case (although it could happen), one easy explanation would be that Seattle has the best offensive line you've faced all year.
I'm just wondering, will the REAL "best OL in the NFL" please stand up? Cincy? Indy? Denver? Seattle?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #27
Large_Ant
Draft Prospect

Quote:
I'm just wondering, will the REAL "best OL in the NFL" please stand up? Cincy? Indy? Denver? Seattle?
Is there another offensive line in the league where three out of five of them are Pro Bowlers?
Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Ant
Is there another offensive line in the league where three out of five of them are Pro Bowlers?
I believe we had 3 of 5 last year...didn't help much.

Got anything besides the popularity contest that is the Pro Bowl?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #29
TheButt
Water Boy

Member Number: 1369

I think Shauna Alexandria gets a bad rap due to his femmine side... we all saw it.. !! Remember when he was on the sidelines with his wittle headache against the deadskins, they scored and he was hoppin an jumpin all up and down, and was clapping like a little girl... go look at it again... he looked like a little girl out there, I think he is gay. Uhuh. I do.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #30
Large_Ant
Draft Prospect

Quote:
I believe we had 3 of 5 last year...didn't help much.

Got anything besides the popularity contest that is the Pro Bowl?
That's hilarious. So now offensive linemen are winning popularity contests? Yeah, Robbie Tobeck is a household name just like Michael Vick. Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson (who have been selected as starters) jersey sales have been through the roof.

Your strawman "Pro Bowl/Popularity Contest" works for skill players, not so much for hogs. If it were based on popularity, shouldn't Orlando Pace be starting over Jones? What about Jones, Hutchinson, and Strong (FB) being selected as first team All Pros? Is that just a popularity contest too? C'mon dude. You can do better than that.