Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 05-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #141
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,361 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Official 2010 NASCAR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Yeah - a one groove track and cars that can't pass is always bad - But watching Jimmuh screw up and lose a race is pretty funny

1 -- Kevin Harvick Leader
2 +1 Kyle Busch -69
3 +2 Matt Kenseth -126
4 -2 Jimmie Johnson -131
5 +1 Denny Hamlin -150
6 -2 Jeff Gordon -163
7 -- Greg Biffle -187
8 +1 Jeff Burton -199
9 -1 Kurt Busch -237
10 +1 Carl Edwards -281
11 -1 Mark Martin -293
12 +1 Martin Truex Jr. -334

13 +1 Ryan Newman -364
14 +4 Tony Stewart -371
15 -- Clint Bowyer -376
16 -4 Dale Earnhardt Jr. -377
17 -1 Jamie McMurray -422
18 +1 Joey Logano -436
19 -2 Juan Montoya -446
20 +4 David Reutimann -506
I just wonder how long Harvick can keep leading the points. I just think that somewhere along the line he will screw up and fall down around tenth.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #142
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Going good so far. Has Harvick signed up with RCR yet? His contract is up after this year and anything could happen.

Meanwhile - if Joonyer misses the Chase again the stands will be even more empty.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #143
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Going good so far. Has Harvick signed up with RCR yet? His contract is up after this year and anything could happen.

Meanwhile - if Joonyer misses the Chase again the stands will be even more empty.
Childress: Harvick deal finalized soon

By David Newton
ESPN.com
Archive

DARLINGTON, S.C. -- Richard Childress expects to have Sprint Cup points leader Kevin Harvick signed to a new deal by the Coca-Cola 600 at the end of the month.

Harvick
Harvick

"Yeah, we're pretty far down the road," the owner of Richard Childress Racing said of negotiations before Friday's Cup practice at Darlington Raceway. "We've still got to get a few things finalized, but we're looking forward to getting everything done by Charlotte or before Charlotte."

Asked after his qualifying lap about Childress saying they were close to a deal, Harvick said: "I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about Darlington."

Harvick almost lost control of his car in qualifying and was not happy with his two laps.

"It [expletive] sucks to be honest with you," he said.

Sponsorship is among the details to be finalized with Childress.

"I feel real good about where we're at," Childress said.

Shell/Pennzoil announced last month it would leave Harvick after this season and move to the No. 22 car of Kurt Busch at Penske Racing in 2011.

Asked if Budweiser or Mobile I, big-name sponsors whose current deals are up, might be on the list, Childress said, "There are sponsors that are not even in the sport that are interested."

Harvick began his Cup career at RCR in 2001, replacing Dale Earnhardt after he was killed on the final lap of the Daytona 500. Harvick has 12 career wins, his most recent two weeks ago at Talladega Superspeedway.

But there was a time last season when it appeared Harvick would not return to RCR. He reportedly wanted out of his contract to sign with Stewart-Haas Racing and through much of the season declined to talk about his status with Childress.

"There was a time when we didn't know if we would be back together," Childress admitted. "Then we got some things worked out and we feel good about it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...&source=JAYSKI
Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #144
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,113 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Shell/Pennzoil announced last month it would leave Harvick after this season and move to the No. 22 car of Kurt Busch at Penske Racing in 2011.
???

http://www.catchfence.com/2010/sprin...nning-in-2011/

Quote:
WHEN WAS YOUR CONTRACT UP AND HAVE YOU TALKED TO ANY OTHER TEAMS BEFORE RE-SIGNING WITH PENSKE? “I knew that I was committed through 2010 and 2011’s option was picked up by Roger (Penske). So what that meant was a perfect opportunity to talk about what the future could bring; not just 2011, but 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and beyond. We started with just a light-hearted sit down at a dinner one night, almost like one of those napkin sketches of, ‘Hey, this is what I’d like to see and this is what might happen.’ Then this (Shell/Pennzoil) opportunity just came up a few weeks ago and it changed the whole landscape that we ended up with.

“No, I didn’t talk to any other teams. When I weighed my options personally, with my wife Eva and my manager (John Caponigro), we looked at other teams, we tried to find scenarios that would fit for us, but none of them were as powerful as creating the longevity with Penske.”

IS THERE ANY HESITATION WALKING AWAY FROM THE MILLER LITE SPONSORSHIP AFTER ALL THE YEARS THAT YOU WORKED WITH THEM? “The more the game changes, the more that it stays the same. This is a scenario where I felt the Miller family and all their executives are good friends of mine and we were in a partnership together. You’re the name and image of the brand associated on the motorsports side of it, which was a great feeling to have. Those ties aren’t cut; I’ll still be with those guys. They’ll be at Penske Racing. We’ve developed a great partnership. Our name goes really well together on and off the track. And all of the other cross-promotions that we’ve done with baseball, football, basketball, that’s my big thing that I’ll lose a little bit of, but anytime that I need to give them a call, there will be opportunities to help them out on some other end. With the global alliance that Shell has and the notoriety that they are known for with their motorsports program, that speaks for itself. It will be an interesting step for me to learn as we move forward. In a nutshell, it was a tough decision to step away from something…because I’m such a loyal guy and I’m very committed to any program that I start, but in the end, being committed to Roger Penske is the ultimate balance.”

DID YOU HAVE ANY CHOICE IN PICKING THE CAR NUMBER 22? “I threw a couple numbers out to Roger that I’d like to see – some of my favorites, something new and refreshing. The No. 2 stays with Miller Lite. It’s the Blue Deuce. That pairing – Miller Lite and the No. 2 – I didn’t want to infringe on and Miller Lite folks were happy to hear that they were going to keep the No. 2 because they were pushing for that really hard. The No. 12 is in the Penske stable. The No. 22 has been picked up — the old Bill Davis car – and, to me, looks refreshing. It will be nice to have it out on the track next year because it’s still looking for its identity. It won the Daytona 500 with Ward Burton and Bill Davis. Me and my Dad were just looking at the numbers in (NASCAR) history. Fireball Roberts was a legendary driver and he was good in the late ‘50’s and ‘60’s with the number 22. It’s exciting that there’s a new number and look that will be generated over at Penske racing, but it’s also exciting that the Miller Lite No. 2 car…the Blue Deuce…will be under our stable and in good hands with Brad.”
bad brad keselowski piloting the blue deuce!

granted bush has grown on me, and i'll always be a fan, but this is too cool. (is brad old enough to drink yet? :)
Old 05-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #145
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

One of the best races of the year is coming up the all star race. It is time for them to take off there gloves and go at it. Sounds like a Tony Stewart race to me.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #146
Fire Haley
Banned

Yeah, the All Star races are fun. Just racing for money and bragging rights.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #147
Fire Haley
Banned

Blood Clots End Vickers’s Season

Brian Vickers will miss the remainder of the Nascar season because of blood clots in his lungs and left leg. Vickers, 26, was hospitalized two nights last week after feeling chest pains during a visit to Washington. Testing revealed the clots, and Vickers missed last weekend’s race at Dover.

Vickers returned to North Carolina after his release from the hospital Friday night, but he said a recurrence of chest pains had sent him back to the hospital the next day. He spent another two nights hospitalized, and the decision to sit out the rest of the season was made shortly after.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/sp...s-vickers.html

-------------------------

that sucks
Old 05-22-2010, 04:31 AM   #148
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Seems like Vickers can't catch a break. It sounds pretty serious he probably made the right decision.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #149
tony hipchest

bummer for vickers.

well the all-star "burn out " competition was a complete waste of suck. hopefully the race makes up for that abysmal "event".
Old 05-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #150
tony hipchest

dammit. kurt has had this race in the bag twice and the yellow flag keeps screwing it up. hopefully 3rd time is a charm.