Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
Well considering players have the choice to accept or decline it. I'm guessing they go to all the top guys and some just reject it. Not sure most do, its chance to really improve your stock and prove you can make it in the NFL.
well i mean guys like george selvie and jeff owens probably have zero chance of going in the top 3 rds, but guys like torrell troupe and kyle calloway probably do ...
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post

Safety Nate Allen, South Florida
Safety Myron Rolle, Florida State
Safety Harry Coleman, LSU
RB Joique Bell, Wayne State
OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
OT Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
OG Mike Johnson, Alabama
LB Eric Norwood, South Carolina
ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
CB Kyle McCarthy, Notre Dame
CB Jerome Murphy, South Florida
CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
NT Terrance Cody, Alabama
NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
I'd like to add:

DE Alex Carrington
NT Cam Thomas
CB Brandon Ghee
TE Mike Hoomanawanui
LB O'Brian Schofield (Lits of mixed messages on this guy)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772

I'm heading down the the game on Saturday. Locally, this is probably the most anticipated Senior Bowl in history with Tebow and six Crimson Tide players on the roster. I hope the Steelers can grab someone like Cody or a stud DB in the first round.

Last edited by CrimsonTideSteelersFan; 01-25-2010 at 07:22 PM.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772

A player to watch closely this week is Brandon Lang a hybrid DE/OLB from Troy University (same school that produced superstars DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora). I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers take a hard look at this guy.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #15
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

Quote:
Jonslow-

Very cool...as a draft geek I think I can talk for the majority of fans that are interested in how this week affects the players draft stock. Here are a couple things that I am very interested in that are specific to the Steelers.

1) For teams with 3-4 defenses and who are potentially looking for a true NT, Give us a breakdown....a comparison/contrast between Terrance Cody and Dan Williams.

2) With Clark's status still up in the air...give us an idea about the safety class at the senior bowl this year.

3) Give us a good idea of the OT's at the senior bowl this year. Who looks like a possible fit? For instance....Is Charles Brown too light for us and more suited for a zone blocking scheme? Does Vladimir Ducasse look like an OT or OG in the NFl?

Players that I am personally interested in hearing more about:

Safety Nate Allen, South Florida
Safety Myron Rolle, Florida State
Safety Harry Coleman, LSU
RB Joique Bell, Wayne State
OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
OT Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
OG Mike Johnson, Alabama
LB Eric Norwood, South Carolina
ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
CB Kyle McCarthy, Notre Dame
CB Jerome Murphy, South Florida
CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
NT Terrance Cody, Alabama
NT Dan Williams, Tennessee

Thanks brother!!!
The full breakdown of weigh-ins is posted at sidelinescouting.net. The weigh-in session was really helpful in getting a look at some of these guys. Feel free to take a gander at that. Players went on stage one at a time and were measured in spandex shorts for both height and weight as well as hand size and arm length...

Terrence Cody weighed in at 370 lbs. and looked even bigger, but it wasn't a good big. At 6'4" and 370 lbs. of what appeared to be a lot of non-muscle mass, I was really unimpressed. I went to the North team's practice today which took place at the same time as the South (but at another stadium) so I have not seen him practice yet. I'll see him tomorrow afternoon and give you guys a breakdown. Right now, I see him falling into the second and not being in NFL shape. Dan Williams on the other hand...

Williams weighed in at 6'2 1/4" and 329 lbs. For a NT, he looked to be in really good shape, especially in the lower half. His lower body is so big that I am convinced he will be able to move interior linemen with ease. I was raving about him after weigh-ins and hopefully I'll still be doing so by the end of the week. As it stands, he'd be a great fit for the Steelers.

As far as safeties go, this is one of the deepest safety classes in recent years. After Eric Berry (who is obviously #1 far and away), there are at least a half dozen guys that could go in the top 3 rounds. Taylor Mays weighed in at 6'3" 231 lbs. and it he looked solid. Again, he's also on the North squad, but from what I'm hearing, his stock will depend on how good he looks in coverage before the draft. He's not a natural coverage safety. He's an athlete, but he's big, physical and fast, so we'll see what happens with him.

A safety that really caught my attention today was Myron Rolle at 6' 1 1/2", 217 lbs. I was sitting amongst scouts from a lot of NFL teams and I heard a lot of "oohs" when he stepped on the scale. This guy was all muscle, but he hasn't played a down in a year because he was at Oxoford as a road scholar... intriguing. I'll definitely keeping you guys updated on him.

A lot of the highly-touted OTs are not at the Senior Bowl, and Trent Williams skipped showing up, which may hurt his stock and allow him to drop to the Steelers. Ducasses actually looked really slow at practice during footwork drills. To me, he's looking like a right-side-of-the-line player who has the bulk to maybe be a good RT. I'll keep a close eye on OTs this week, but one lineman I love is Mike Iupati.

Iupati came in at 6'5 1/4", 325 lbs with 35" arms and huge hands (10 3/8"). I've heard some people on the forums calling him too bulky or too slow, but I can tell you with all certainty that Iupati is solid. He's not hauling extra fat on him. He looked really muscular from top to bottom during weigh-ins and during footwork drills at the North practice today, Iupati was the best lineman amongst them. He has quick feet, a big frame and a powerful punch. I'd kill to see the Steelers draft him at #18 and play him at either guard or RT.

I'll do my best to keep you guys updated and answer as many of your questions as possible. For blog entries, musings and analysis of practices and interviews, cruise on over the sidelinescouting.net between updates on the forums. Hopefully I answered some of your questions.

-Justin
Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Love the work Jonslow. It is awesome to have someone to converse directly with at the senior bowl.

The steelers traditional love smart players. Given our need for safeties I would say Myron Rolle is real intriguing.

Do you know who the steeler scouts are that are at the Senior Bowl? If you do I would be interested to see who that are showing more than a little interest in.

Quote:
Football Operations
Kevin Colbert, Director of Football Operations
Doug Whaley, Pro Personnel Coordinator
Ron Hughes, College Scouting Coordinator
Joe Greene, Special Assistant
Mark Gorscak, College Scout
Phil Kreidler, Pro/College Scout
Kelvin Fisher, College Scout
Bruce McNorton, College Scout
Dan Rooney, College Scout
Dave Petett , Blesto Scout
Bill Nunn, College Personnel
Rob McCartney, Player Personnel Intern
www. steelers.com
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Do you know who the steeler scouts are that are at the Senior Bowl? If you do I would be interested to see who that are showing more than a little interest in.
One of my colleagues saw Dan Rooney taking notes at the practice today. I didn't catch who was sitting with him. Throughout the week I really hope to introduce myself to some of the guys as nothing more than a Steelers fan. I'd love to meet Mike Tomlin, but I doubt he'll be down here.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
I'd like to add:

DE Alex Carrington
NT Cam Thomas
CB Brandon Ghee
TE Mike Hoomanawanui
LB O'Brian Schofield (Lits of mixed messages on this guy)
I forgot to mention earlier that Schofield was injured today during practice and was helped off the field. From the talk I was hearing, it was a knee injury, but the extent was unknown to us at the end of practice. We'll try to pry about that throughout the week.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
I forgot to mention earlier that Schofield was injured today during practice and was helped off the field. From the talk I was hearing, it was a knee injury, but the extent was unknown to us at the end of practice. We'll try to pry about that throughout the week.
Verdict is in. Milwaukee Sentinal-Journal just reported the injury today to Schofield was a torn ACL. He's apparently out of the picture now.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #20
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,474 Times in 572 Posts

Keep an eye out for Taylor Mays; could become a Steeler
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote