Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Senior Bowl Thread

Quote:
- Kyle Wilson, the CB from Boise State was the biggest standout of the day. During the CB vs. WR drill, Wilson undercut an out route for an interception on his first rep and was an offensive pass interference away from another on a nine route. Wilson was a premier punt returner in college, which means he is dangerous after an interception.

- Mays made the hit of the day on Citadel WR Andre Roberts, but missed an easy interception a few plays later when going for another hit. This highlights Mayock's stated concern of lack of interceptions (five over his career).

- Terrance Cody, in an homage to former teammate Andre Smith, showed up grossly overweight. NFLN pointed out that he had difficulties even setting up in his stance before the snap.

- Dan Williams had a good day stuffing the run, at least as good as possible without full pads. He didn't do well in pass rushing drills, however, which is a drill designed to favor the defensive player. I'm not particularly concerned if the DT Rick Smith drafts is an elite pass rusher as long as he can stuff the middle, so this development might actually be beneficial.

- Myron Rolle is a popular story because of his year hiatus from football as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, but unfortunately that break has caused some rust. He has plenty of time before the Combine and his Pro Day, but even then he is considered more of a strong safety who lacks coverage skills. Probably not a consideration for the Texans.

- Wide receiver might not be high on the list of priorities, but it's worth noting that Ohio University's Taylor Price look fantastic. He may not have elite speed and he played at a smaller school, but it looked like he had superglue on his hands.

- Offensive Guard Vladimir Ducasse will be under the microscope this week. Ducasse moved to the States from Haiti when he was 14 and has only played football for six years, but he has enough raw talent that Mayock compared him to Jeff Otah. On his first pass rush drill the quicker O'Brien Schofield blew by him on the edge as Ducasse was playing LT. Before the analysts could even finish stating that Ducasse never saw speed like that at UMass, Ducasse went against Schofield again, anchored down and unfortunately injured Schofield when he fell on him. I mention all this because he is rated as a guard and could be a steal after the first couple of rounds.
http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/1/...ractice-report
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
No-shows weaken Senior Bowl field ... Its an annual kabukie dance as players who origianlly committed to the Senor Bowl back out at the last minute, some because of injury, others purportedly at the behest of the agents who fear the exposure will hurt their client's gade. Players who did not report for whatever reason this year include Oklahoma OT Trent Williams, Texas Christian DE Jerry Hughes, RB Montario Hardesty USC OT Charles Brown, and LSU WR Brandon LaFell. Meanwhile, LSU RB Charles Scott did participate in the weigh-in although he has not been cleared to practice because of a shoulder injury.
Quote:
Knee sidelines Badger DE ... The great fear of all players at any all-star game is injury and that threat became a reality for Wisconsin DE O'Brien Schofield who reportedly tore an ACL at this afternoon's inital Senior Bowl practice. Schofield was battling huge UMass OT Vlad Ducasse in a one-on-one pass rush drill when he stepped awkwardly with the full weight of the 325-pound offenive lineman leaning on him. Schofield will undergo surgery in the next few days and his availability to play at all next season is very much in question.
http://www.gbnreport.com/
Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

I don't understand some of the last two posts... I commented on a lot of that already. Mayok basically solidified my points and I posted the Schofield news a while ago.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,695 Times in 2,900 Posts

i know the steelers dont need another lamarr woodley, but naturally brandon graham is being touted as the "next" woodley by scouts.

tim and pat on sirius (who pimped woodley pretty hard before his draft) look to be giving this kid the same consideration. he gives a great interview. he is at 263, and says he has no problem to bulk up to 275 and be a DE in the 4-3. but it is pretty obvious that an olb in the 3-4 is where he wants to be.

in 30+ college starts he has almost 90 stops behind the line of scrimmage = about 3 per game.

he can read and diagnose plays.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand some of the last two posts... I commented on a lot of that already. Mayok basically solidified my points and I posted the Schofield news a while ago.
maybe MOP was just lending credence and legitimacy to what you are personally observing.

anyways, thanks for the firsthand insight. it is definitely appreciated.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #25
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i know the steelers dont need another lamarr woodley, but naturally brandon graham is being touted as the "next" woodley by scouts.

tim and pat on sirius (who pimped woodley pretty hard before his draft) look to be giving this kid the same consideration. he gives a great interview. he is at 263, and says he has no problem to bulk up to 275 and be a DE in the 4-3. but it is pretty obvious that an olb in the 3-4 is where he wants to be.

in 30+ college starts he has almost 90 stops behind the line of scrimmage = about 3 per game.

he can read and diagnose plays.

maybe MOP was just lending credence and legitimacy to what you are personally observing.

anyways, thanks for the firsthand insight. it is definitely appreciated.
I'll keep it coming all week. And I wasn't complaining about the added insight. Just confused about the context. Glad to see you guys are keeping up on the action. It makes it easier for draft guys to get out there an report what we see.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

well i certainly don't see anything wrong with having different perspectives.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #27
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
well i certainly don't see anything wrong with having different perspectives.
Absolutely not. Always welcome. My apologies if it came off otherwise.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #28
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
I'll keep it coming all week.
Greatly appreciated.

Totally enjoying the first person perspective.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #29
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Sure am interested in seeing if Iupate would be able to play the OT position. He seems to have everything it takes. Wonder which position he will be working out at.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #30
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772

I'll pose a question that I haven't heard anyone attempt to explain yet. Why is Terrence Cody all of a sudden out of shape and "overweight"? He just played his most recent game a couple of weeks ago. What's the deal?
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote