Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Torell Troup All Smiles in Post Game Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthree View Post
I'd love Thomas and feel good about Troup in the 2nd... but not great.

If it went that way... we'd almost have to look at O-line then in the 3rd. Someone like JD Walton or John Jerry would probably be there for us.
I will be in the minority...but I like Saffold over Jerry at OT.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,203
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 346
Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,082 Posts
Default Re: Torell Troup All Smiles in Post Game Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I will be in the minority...but I like Saffold over Jerry at OT.
They are completely different skill sets. Jerry is gonna push inside to guard I think or otherwise struggle at RT. Saffold has quicker feet and is much more athletic. Can possibly play LT, but I think he plays high and didnt look to anchor as well as a top prospect would.

I wasnt drinking the Saffold Koolaid at the Shrine game. In the 4th I would rather take Ciron Black. He will be a RT or OG...but is big, has long arms and decent footwork from playing LT at LSU the past 4 seasons. He has seen guys like Dunlap and Hardy in the SEC, so is no stranger to speed from the edge. I think he could be a solid RT.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Torell Troup All Smiles in Post Game Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
They are completely different skill sets. Jerry is gonna push inside to guard I think or otherwise struggle at RT. Saffold has quicker feet and is much more athletic. Can possibly play LT, but I think he plays high and didnt look to anchor as well as a top prospect would.

I wasnt drinking the Saffold Koolaid at the Shrine game. In the 4th I would rather take Ciron Black. He will be a RT or OG...but is big, has long arms and decent footwork from playing LT at LSU the past 4 seasons. He has seen guys like Dunlap and Hardy in the SEC, so is no stranger to speed from the edge. I think he could be a solid RT.
Gotta say that I think Saffold would be a good pick in the 3rd, but I respect your opinion.

What do you think of Trent Williams? He seems to me that he has a funky kick slide...but I think he could play on the left if corrected.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,203
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 346
Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,082 Posts
Default Re: Torell Troup All Smiles in Post Game Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Gotta say that I think Saffold would be a good pick in the 3rd, but I respect your opinion.

What do you think of Trent Williams? He seems to me that he has a funky kick slide...but I think he could play on the left if corrected.
I know what you are saying, I really dont know if Saffold is going to be a LT. He may be a guard or RT and I think there are better options out there in the 3rd. I like him better than Ducasse, Wang and he is on par with Capers in some ways. Want to see him at the combine if he is invited.

I like Trent Williams. it was believed that he was the best O lineman in 2008 at Oklahoma(better than Loadholt). He played RT, struggled a bit with the switch this season to LT, but still has the tools. He even played C in the bowl game for the Sooners. I think he is a better athlete than Bulaga, but not yet the better technician.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Torell Troup All Smiles in Post Game Chat

im really excited for draft day. why cant it be tommorow
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts