Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,510 Times in 686 Posts
Default Israel "Prepping" To Bomb Iran.......

Article:

The Israeli military is preparing itself to launch a massive aerial assault on Iran's nuclear facilities within days of being given the go-ahead.

Among the steps taken to ready Israeli forces for what would be a risky raid requiring pinpoint aerial strikes are the acquisition of three Airborne Warning and Control (AWAC) aircraft and regional missions to simulate the attack.

Two nationwide civil defence drills will help to prepare the public for the retaliation that Israel could face.

“Israel wants to know that if its forces were given the green light they could strike at Iran in a matter of days, even hours. They are making preparations on every level for this eventuality. The message to Iran is that the threat is not just words,” one senior defence official told The Times.

Officials believe that Israel could be required to hit more than a dozen targets, including moving convoys. The sites include Natanz, where thousands of centrifuges produce enriched uranium; Esfahan, where 250 tonnes of gas is stored in tunnels; and Arak, where a heavy water reactor produces plutonium.

The distance from Israel to at least one of the sites is more than 870 miles, a distance that the Israeli force practised covering in a training exercise last year that involved F15 and F16 jets, helicopters and refuelling tankers.

The possible Israeli strike on Iran has drawn comparisons to its attack on the Osirak nuclear facility near Baghdad in 1981. That strike, which destroyed the facility in under 100 seconds, was completed without Israeli losses and checked Iraqi ambitions for a nuclear weapons programme.

“We would not make the threat [against Iran] without the force to back it. There has been a recent move, a number of on-the-ground preparations, that indicate Israel's willingness to act,” said another official from Israel's intelligence community.

He added that it was unlikely that Israel would carry out the attack without receiving at least tacit approval from America, which has struck a more reconciliatory tone in dealing with Iran under its new administration.

An Israeli attack on Iran would entail flying over Jordanian and Iraqi airspace, where US forces have a strong presence.

Ephraim Kam, the deputy director of the Institute for National Security Studies, said it was unlikely that the Americans would approve an attack.

“The American defence establishment is unsure that the operation will be successful. And the results of the operation would only delay Iran's programme by two to four years,” he said.

“Many of the leaks or statements made by Israeli leaders and military commanders are meant for deterrence. The message is that if [the international community] is unable to solve the problem they need to take into account that we will solve it our way,” Mr Kam said.

Among recent preparations by the airforce was the Israeli attack of a weapons convoy in Sudan bound for militants in the Gaza Strip.

“Sudan was practice for the Israeli forces on a long-range attack,” Ronen Bergman, the author of The Secret War with Iran, said. “They wanted to see how they handled the transfer of information, hitting a moving target ... In that sense it was a rehearsal.”

Israel has made public its intention to hold the largest-ever nationwide drill next month.

Colonel Hilik Sofer told Haaretz, a daily Israeli newspaper, that the drill would “train for a reality in which during war missiles can fall on any part of the country without warning ... We want the citizens to understand that war can happen tomorrow morning”.

Israel will conduct an exercise with US forces to test the ability of Arrow, its US-funded missile defence system. The exercise would test whether the system could intercept missiles launched at Israel.

“Israel has made it clear that it will not tolerate the threat of a nuclear Iran. According to Israeli Intelligence they will have the bomb within two years ... Once they have a bomb it will be too late, and Israel will have no choice to strike — with or without America,” an official from the Israeli Defence Ministry said.
---------------------------------

Get ready for $7 a gallon gas.... and kiss the economic recovery good-bye...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,402 Times in 1,647 Posts
Default Re: Israel "Preping" To Bomb Iran.......

Maybe they should follow obaaamas lead. Sit down over tea and apologize to iran for existing.

I don't blame them for wanting to launch a preemptive strike.Who wants to sit around and do nothing while waiting to get nuked off the face of the planet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,510 Times in 686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Maybe they should follow obaaamas lead. Sit down over tea and apologize to iran for existing.

I don't blame them for wanting to launch a preemptive strike.Who wants to sit around and do nothing while waiting to get nuked off the face of the planet.
I agree... me being a dual citizen of both the US and Israel it 'greatly' concerns me, we absolutely cannot allow Iran to go nuke. At the very least a nuclear arms race (similar to the one between the US and the Soviet Union) would arise in this region... the absolute worse senario that could happen to the earth...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!

Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 01-26-2010 at 06:49 PM.
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
....and kiss the economic recovery good-bye...
I must've missed it - what recovery?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

You speak the truth!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Israel "Prepping" To Bomb Iran.......

Ruh roh....Obama already hates Israel. This won't help matters.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

First. let me start by saying that I am not Israeli and I am not Jewish...

But it's my opinion that the tolerance of Israel and its effort to accomodate the wishes of the international community are coming to an end----

They get bombed and try to protect themselves and are repeatedly asked by the International community to back off...

They attempt, over and over, to participate in Peace Talks and Treaties and are repeatedly attacked...

They give up portions of their territory in the interest of securing Peace and are STILL attacked---repeatedly

They must endure a douchebag in Iran who claims that the Holocaust was all a lie----despite mountains of evidnce to the contrary

And they are now being criticized (again) for wanting to eliminate the threat of a Nuclear Iran

This guy has it right. Obama and the Apologists better take note.
(and I fully support him)

The speech is long...but well worth the listen...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
First. let me start by saying that I am not Israeli and I am not Jewish...

But it's my opinion that the tolerance of Israel and its effort to accomodate the wishes of the international community are coming to an end----

*sigh* if only the same could be said about America.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Wow... I knew the propaganda machine was effective, but you're telling me that not one person in this forum can see through the US-Israeli B.S.?

Israel actually has the bomb, and has expressed an interest in using it, even stating that no one - not even the U.S. - was off-limits. The people in charge there are clearly and demonstrably sociopathic monsters. And yet it's Iran that we are to fear and loath?

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone on the planet is pretty much worthless, beginning with us. But it never fails to surprise just how consistently the world gets turned upside-down. The poorest, weakest countries in the entire world (Guatemala, Iran, Cuba, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Iran all over again) are somehow existential threats to the United States and its accomplices. It's nothing short of pathetic, cowardly and bullying. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

As for Israel, they made their bed - with our full support and blessing - and they should learn to lay in it. They long ago decided that the Islamists would be better "partners" than the secular pan-Arabists, and they worked feverishly to change the existing leadership on the other side. This is what they get: a bunch of raging religious homicidal lunatics, not unlike our own raging religious homicidal lunatics.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #10
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Unbelievable

The man gives a 30minute speech on the desirability of peace, and Israel's efforts to participate in that peace and all you can see is "pathetic, cowardly and bullying"? and, "too bad, you made your bed"?

You really are deluded, aren't you?

Just unbelievable.

and, yes, we are to fear a Nuclear Iran.