Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
jonslow
Bench Warmer
 
jonslow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
Posts: 184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15823
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

As I stood on the sidelines the last two days at Senior Bowl practices, I was mentally kicking myself for not introducing myself and or at least giving him a "Hey, how ya doing?" Regardless, I was intrigued by what he was observing.

During today's North team practice, Tomlin spent most of his time watching DB/WR drills. I was glad to see he was watching DBs and he seemed impressed with CB Kyle Wilson. He's been the most buzz-worthy DB at practices this week.

Tomlin also pulled Dorin Dickerson (WR/TE from Pitt) aside and talked to him a few times. Dickerson apparently used that as motivation as he made some great catches and ran crisp routes.

Tomlin spent most of yesterday watching offensive lineman go up against defensive lineman. I think it's safe to say he's looking to fill the holes we all expected in the draft. I'd be really interested to know who impressed him the last two days.

If you guys want any analysis of all the practices and a lot of player reports, check out www.sidelinescouting.net which I am representing here in Mobile.
__________________
www.sidelinescouting.net
jonslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Chidi29
Starter
 
Chidi29's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 479
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15832
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
As I stood on the sidelines the last two days at Senior Bowl practices, I was mentally kicking myself for not introducing myself and or at least giving him a "Hey, how ya doing?" Regardless, I was intrigued by what he was observing.

During today's North team practice, Tomlin spent most of his time watching DB/WR drills. I was glad to see he was watching DBs and he seemed impressed with CB Kyle Wilson. He's been the most buzz-worthy DB at practices this week.

Tomlin also pulled Dorin Dickerson (WR/TE from Pitt) aside and talked to him a few times. Dickerson apparently used that as motivation as he made some great catches and ran crisp routes.

Tomlin spent most of yesterday watching offensive lineman go up against defensive lineman. I think it's safe to say he's looking to fill the holes we all expected in the draft. I'd be really interested to know who impressed him the last two days.

If you guys want any analysis of all the practices and a lot of player reports, check out www.sidelinescouting.net which I am representing here in Mobile.
I was wondering who'd be looking at WRs for us since we don't have a WR coach. Figured Fitchner was asked to pull double duty.

I've only gotten to read reviews and watch one video about the Senior Bowl, but Wilson impressed me. Good instincts and very fluid hips.
__________________
C:\GLB\Bailey.jpg
If irony was made out of strawberries, we'd all be drinking smoothies.
"Take a step forward lads - it'll be easier that way." Robert Childers
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

There now saying Kyle Wilson is a first round cornerback
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
Northside Jonny
Team Captain
 
Northside Jonny's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver by way of the Steel City
Posts: 673
Member Number: 5141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

See how he shows at the Combine , but I stll think Kareem Jackson in the second or third round would be just fine.
__________________
"We intend to make no bold predictions about what we’re going to do. What we are going to do is promise to have a first-class, blue collar work ethic in how we approach our business." Tomlin
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
SRHBRONCO
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Member Number: 15849
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

I've been a season ticket holder of the Boise State Bronco's for the last 10 years and have enjoyed watching Kyle Wilson play for the last for years. Nothing would make me happier than to see Kdub get drafted by a franchise with as much history as the steeler. The kid is amazing to watch and is a class act off the field. Here is a link from last years BSU pro-day.
SRHBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,515
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 659
Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,155 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRHBRONCO View Post
I've been a season ticket holder of the Boise State Bronco's for the last 10 years and have enjoyed watching Kyle Wilson play for the last for years. Nothing would make me happier than to see Kdub get drafted by a franchise with as much history as the steeler. The kid is amazing to watch and is a class act off the field. Here is a link from last years BSU pro-day.
so whats your thoughts on shay hodges ? is he fast enough to get seperation in the nfl ? he looks like he'd be a nice possession receiver. maybe a 5th rd pick ?
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
taztroy43
Bench Warmer
 
taztroy43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 368
Member Number: 13325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRHBRONCO View Post
I've been a season ticket holder of the Boise State Bronco's for the last 10 years and have enjoyed watching Kyle Wilson play for the last for years. Nothing would make me happier than to see Kdub get drafted by a franchise with as much history as the steeler. The kid is amazing to watch and is a class act off the field. Here is a link from last years BSU pro-day.
i totally agree w/ you I hope the Steelers pick him up in the 2nd round......
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
jonslow
Bench Warmer
 
jonslow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
Posts: 184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15823
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so whats your thoughts on shay hodges ? is he fast enough to get seperation in the nfl ? he looks like he'd be a nice possession receiver. maybe a 5th rd pick ?
I actually just blogged about Hodge from South practice earlier today. He wasn't a guy that was on my radar coming into this week, and I still don't think he's more than a 4th-round prosepect, but he difnitely impressed me today.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/
__________________
www.sidelinescouting.net
jonslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
jonslow
Bench Warmer
 
jonslow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
Posts: 184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15823
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin in attendance at Senior Bowl practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRHBRONCO View Post
I've been a season ticket holder of the Boise State Bronco's for the last 10 years and have enjoyed watching Kyle Wilson play for the last for years. Nothing would make me happier than to see Kdub get drafted by a franchise with as much history as the steeler. The kid is amazing to watch and is a class act off the field. Here is a link from last years BSU pro-day.
By the way, I've been seeing "K-DUB's" bus all over the place this week. I love that he has his own bus. I can always get behind a player with both talent and personality.
__________________
www.sidelinescouting.net
jonslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts