Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,804 Times in 903 Posts
Default Re: The Five Senior Bowl Prospects the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Be Targeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
How in the world to they figure Lupati will fall to the second or third round I can't help but figure he will go top 20 in the first round but there is no way he falls out of the 1st.
Exactly!! and the fact the guy that wrote the article is also pimping McCluster, Cody and Witherspoon makes me think he did his research by reading Steelersfever. Was the author named Chidi29???
Old 01-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #12
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823
Default Re: The Five Senior Bowl Prospects the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Be Targeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
Dang...so Lupati's stock went up that high.....so you honestly think he'll get drafted by the time that the Steelers pick @ 18???....If he's Lupati and Earl Thomas is gone...then who might we be targeting????

Another thing I've been reading is nothing but good reports on CB Kyle Wilson out of Boise State...I had the chance to watch him play and the guy was a playmaker @ both the return game and as a CB....Do you think the Steelers might have a chance to draft him in the 2nd round....or do u think the Steelers might trade down a couple of picks(get extra draft picks) and then draft him in the first....I know its kind of a reach for Wilson...but from what I've been hearing lately, he probably is a late 1st to early 2nd round pick....Can anyone confirm that???
Iupati's stock has definitely risen. He's really show a lot of talent and a good work ethic. However, he looked a little sloppy when practicing at tackle and a lot of scouts think he'll strictly play guard, but at an elite level.

Wilson has been stellar this week at practice. Every day I've heard scouts mumbling about how good he's been. Mike Tomlin was watching him at practice yesterday in DB/WR drills. I'd love to see him end up in Steelers colors. I think he'll end up being a second-round pick, but I don't know where. I doubt he jumps into the first, though.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #13
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
Iupati's stock has definitely risen. He's really show a lot of talent and a good work ethic. However, he looked a little sloppy when practicing at tackle and a lot of scouts think he'll strictly play guard, but at an elite level.

Wilson has been stellar this week at practice. Every day I've heard scouts mumbling about how good he's been. Mike Tomlin was watching him at practice yesterday in DB/WR drills. I'd love to see him end up in Steelers colors. I think he'll end up being a second-round pick, but I don't know where. I doubt he jumps into the first, though.

Thanks for the insight jonslow...I just find it funny that Tomlin is paying attention to CB Wilson and TE Dickerson.....I hope the Steelers pick both of those guys come draft day....they look like solid picks if you ask me....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

It's Iupati with an I not an L
Old 01-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Exactly!! and the fact the guy that wrote the article is also pimping McCluster, Cody and Witherspoon makes me think he did his research by reading Steelersfever. Was the author named Chidi29???
Are you asking if I wrote the article? If so, I did not.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Why do we need to target a RB, we don't need one, we need to go defense. Not like a 2nd RB will get used anyway, Airhead Arians hardly uses Mendy.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #17
Steeldude
Living Legend

it's iupati
Old 01-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #18
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

O line, Linbacker, D line and secondary are definite needs. I hope the Steelers Address them, I wasn't a big fan of last years draft....Only Wallace made and impact...Hood was Decent, the 2 corners did nothing, Urbick couldn't beat out an undrafted free agent....
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #19
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

If Mike Iupati lasts til the 2nd round I will run for president in the next election...
The DB Kyle Wilson has looked great. I have Tvoed all the practices and watched them over and over and I think the guy looks as if he has awesome ballhawking skills, if he can catch the ball the guy has a very brite future ahead of him. ILB Daryl Washington from TCU at 6'3 234 lbs has really looked great as well. The guy is a monster and has the numbers to back it up. The Defensive Coordinator had nothing but great things to say about the guys work ethic as well.. sounds like he would be a great pickup to backup James Farrior and replace him maybe after next season.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #20
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
It's Iupati with an I not an L
You're right for some reason I was pernouncing it Lupati...lol........it is Iupati....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote