Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,516 Times in 688 Posts
Default Obama's State Of The Union Speech

Pros, Cons.... What did you think ? I think he may have reached (and this speech was aimed at) his base, many Independants, and moderate Republicans in the sense that he may get their attention for "a little while" at least...

LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35083829...09810#35123675

LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35083829...09810#35117297

LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35083829...09810#35115469

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!

Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 01-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Obama's State Of The Union Speech

I think he's better at pointing fingers and placing blame than coming up with workable solutions.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

He's still campaigning....somebody should tell him at some point that he was elected about 15 months ago.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14891

I honestly can't stomach to hear that chucklenut speak so I didn't see it...or hear it.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
He's still campaigning....somebody should tell him at some point that he was elected about 15 months ago.
Narcissists, when in such a position, don't know the difference between leading and campaigning. To our Narcissist in Chief, leadership is passing HIS agenda. That can only happen when enough people have been "sold" to clear the way to passage. To hell with the country and the consequences.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ni...ld-leadership/

...the scant attention paid in the State of the Union speech to US leadership was pitiful and frankly rather pathetic. The war in Afghanistan, which will soon involve a hundred thousand American troops, merited barely a paragraph. There was no mention of victory over the enemy, just a reiteration of the president’s pledge to begin a withdrawal in July 2011. Needless to say there was nothing in the speech about the importance of international alliances, and no recognition whatsoever of the sacrifices made by Great Britain and other NATO allies alongside the United States on the battlefields of Afghanistan. For Barack Obama the Special Relationship means nothing, and tonight’s address further confirmed this.

Significantly, the global war against al-Qaeda was hardly mentioned, and there were no measures outlined to enhance US security at a time of mounting threats from Islamist terrorists. Terrorism is a top issue for American voters, but President Obama displayed what can only be described as a stunning indifference towards the defence of the homeland.

The Iranian nuclear threat, likely to be the biggest foreign policy issue of 2010, was given just two lines in the speech, with a half-hearted warning of “growing consequences” for Tehran, with no details given at all. There were no words of support for Iranian protestors who have been murdered, tortured and beaten in large numbers by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s thuggish security forces, and no sign at all that the president cared about their plight. Nor was there any condemnation of the brutality of the Iranian regime, as well as its blatant sponsorship of terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As the example of Iran showed, the advance of freedom and liberty across the world in the face of tyranny was not even a footnote in the president’s speech. I cannot think of a US president in modern times who has attached less importance to human rights issues. For the hundreds of millions of people across the world, from Burma to Sudan to Zimbabwe, clamouring to be free of oppression, there was not a shred of hope offered in Barack Obama’s address.

Obama’s world leadership in his first year in office has been weak-kneed and little short of disastrous. He has sacrificed the projection of American power upon the altar of political vanity, with empty speeches and groveling apologies across the world, from Strasbourg to Cairo. He has appeased some of America’s worst enemies, and has extended the hand of friendship to many of the most odious regimes on the face of the earth. Judging by the State of the Union address tonight, we can expect more of the same from an American president who seems determined to lead the world’s greatest power along a path of decline.

bho wasn't brought up in a normal American family, or even in an American family for that matter. He doesn't have the vaguest clue or concern about what is important to Americans - freedom, security, and prosperity - because he isn't an American. Therefor, all he can do is drive what is important to him, the appeasement of our enemies, the promotion of islam, and the destruction of the greatest country in the history of mankind.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I already had my say

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=46741&page=2

I'm not copy&pasting all that over again - I'm not Mesa
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

Was the speech last night ? There was a Golden Girls marathon on Nick at Nite that I was watching
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Was the speech last night ? There was a Golden Girls marathon on Nick at Nite that I was watching

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

when he was elected i thought everyone loved him.

what happened?
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
when he was elected i thought everyone loved him.

what happened?
The "Hope" ran out and the "Change" was not the change everyone was hoping for. Job losses, broken promises, not listening to the people, trying to force health care down our throats, crap and trade, raising taxes, raising debt, increasing budget, etc. etc.