Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Chronicgaming
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1067
Default McNabb Interview at ESPN

McNabb Interview

I thought that this was an interesting read where McNabb goes into what he thought happened to the team this year (especially TO). Can't say that I'm a real Eagles fan, but I've never had any problems with the team either.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
syde18T
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1561
Default Re: McNabb Interview at ESPN

Just when I thought all was said, done and over with, I hear this crap last night on the radio. McNabb just needs to remain a classy guy that he has always been and let it go. I don't understand how this whole saga merits a "black on black crime." All because Favre's name was brought into it? You have to think now, who's playing the race card now?

Please DMac, just move on and concentrating on fully healing for spring camp....
Old 02-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think its a sorry episode that McNabb has had to endure.

He remains one of the classiest QB's in the league - a talented player who I think is just trying to find his identity again - pocket passer or scrambler.

I am not too sure about the whole black-on-black crime - seems a little melodramatic - certainly race does not to play a part in this long running saga - Brett Favre happens to be white and its as simple as that.

On this note, does anyone know why two teams with possibly the most atheltic QB's in the game (Vick and McNabb) both play west-coast offenses?
Seems to me if you have a QB scrambling this should allow for deeper throws down the field.

I look forward to two things next season.

1. McNabb making a full recovery and getting back to his best.

2. T.O. retiring to star in his own talk show.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

The story was over and the guy who pleaded with TO to let it go is the one bringing it back up again out of the clear blue.

Black on black crime? Who didn't see that one coming when Brett Favre's name left T.O.'s mouth?

After listening to that interview I seriously have to start wondering about McNabb. There is no doubt that I have lost respect for him. He was winning the "good guy/bad guy" battle with TO and then he comes out of the clear blue, brings up the lame soap opera that opened up in Philly this past season (as if we haven't heard enough, spare us) and then goes on to play the race card? Give me a break.

Maybe he feel's the need to play the race card since the leader of the Philly NAACP stated he was doing an injustice to the African American community for not being a mobile QB like Mike Vick?

Maybe he needed attention?

Eitherway, he sounded like an idiot in that interview.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-02-2006 at 11:23 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Please, Donovan, get over it. Race has nothing to do with it. TO doesn't hate you because you're black, he hates you because you're Mcnabb and he's TO. It's pretty pitiful when you have to use the race card on someone of your own ethnicity.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #6
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
The story was over and the guy who pleaded with TO to let it go is the one bringing it back up again out of the clear blue.

Black on black crime? Who didn't see that one coming when Brett Favre's name left T.O.'s mouth?

After listening to that interview I seriously have to start wondering about McNabb. There is no doubt that I have lost respect for him. He was winning the "good guy/bad guy" battle with TO and then he comes out of the clear blue, brings up the lame soap opera that opened up in Philly this past season (as if we haven't heard enough, spare us) and then goes on to play the race card? Give me a break.

Maybe he feel's the need to play the race card since the leader of the Philly NAACP stated he was doing an injustice to the African American community for not being a mobile QB like Mike Vick?

Maybe he needed attention?

Eitherway, he sounded like an idiot in that interview.

This is the real Donovan McNabb....He's not a class guy. He wants everyone to think so, but he's not. The truth is that McNabb will NEVER be as good as Brett Favre. Owens was the missing piece to that team. History proves it.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Actually, in the end, these guys probably all deserve each other...toss Rush Limbaugh in there for good measure, too.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #8
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

a note on McNabb as they are showing last years SB on ESPN. He got a VERY raw deal from the media regarding that "throwing up" thing. Ive watched that game a few times.
Jarvis Green absolutely NAILED McNabb the play before he started running things slow.
he wasnt choking. He was frickin hurt. And NOBODY picked up on this and McNabb never used it as an excuse. im not a huge fan of his game, but i never understood this.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote