Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Wayne State's Joique Bell stands out among All-Stars at Senior Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
He apparently shined the brightest in practices.

I guess the games don't really mean much? I liked watching a bunch of guys, but from what I heard, most scouts and coaches leave around the third day.
There is actually some truth to that....the players individual technigue, skill, and ability to follow directions/absorb information is more important to the scouts than the game itself.

The scouts dont need to see the game...they can watch a seasons worth of tape on any given player if they need to, and not rely on one game, especially a game in which players are thrown together for one week and asked to perform.

The fact that Bell came out of Div II....did well in the drills, showed a good motor, and was asked to be the starter is huge.

The starter on the other side was Dexter McCluster who ended up with -0.3 yards....but raised his draft status this week drastically.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 01-31-2010 at 05:41 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I saw nothing out of Bell the would make me think that he can not be a very good RB in the NFL. With the right team, maybe the Steelers he should have a long a productive career.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

I'm not all that impressed with Joke bell!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
I'm not all that impressed with Joke bell!
Based on...? Did you see something that his coaches missed? They though enough of his skills to make a Div II player the starter for the senior bowl.

I have watched alot of tape on this kid, and he shows as good of instincts as I have seen out of most D-1 prospects. He can catch...he can run...and he can even throw!!! Give him an offensive line that has more than one week to work together and he would impress. I look for him to be a very good 3rd down back for some team. he should be drafted in the 4-6 round area and be playing quite a bit for some team within a year.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I saw nothing out of Bell the would make me think that he can not be a very good RB in the NFL. With the right team, maybe the Steelers he should have a long a productive career.
I had though he would be a nice change of pace back to mendy (I refuse to use the thunder/lightening example)...but the more I watch of him I think he might be a 3rd down back. Very good hands, can lower his shoulder to get the short yardage, but still break a long one if he hits the seam.

Even more impressive is his attitude...he doesnt come across as having a sense of entitlement..and knows he will have something to prove as a Div II back.

Great value if he is there in the 5th round.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #16
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Based on...? Did you see something that his coaches missed? They though enough of his skills to make a Div II player the starter for the senior bowl.

I have watched alot of tape on this kid, and he shows as good of instincts as I have seen out of most D-1 prospects. He can catch...he can run...and he can even throw!!! Give him an offensive line that has more than one week to work together and he would impress. I look for him to be a very good 3rd down back for some team. he should be drafted in the 4-6 round area and be playing quite a bit for some team within a year.
I was fine that he didnt flash in the game, but you can see the burst, decisiveness and forward lean that he runs with. Also seems to be able to cut well and I bet has a good 3 cone time if at the combine.

Kid won the equivalent of the DII Heisman and got the start. If Iupati could block Geno Atkins in the 1st quarter, Bell was gonna break off LG for a big one. I think he goes in the 4th much like Tashard Choice did a couple years ago.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I was fine that he didnt flash in the game, but you can see the burst, decisiveness and forward lean that he runs with. Also seems to be able to cut well and I bet has a good 3 cone time if at the combine.

Kid won the equivalent of the DII Heisman and got the start. If Iupati could block Geno Atkins in the 1st quarter, Bell was gonna break off LG for a big one. I think he goes in the 4th much like Tashard Choice did a couple years ago.
I think 4th is a possibility...and that would probably put him out of our reach.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #18
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I think 4th is a possibility...and that would probably put him out of our reach.
Lets think positively that we get a compensatory 4th for either Bryant McFadden or Nate Washington.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Lets think positively that we get a compensatory 4th for either Bryant McFadden or Nate Washington.
mcfadden started all year we should get a 4th.