Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #31
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: "all we would need to do is leave people alone"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
The US could stop giving Israel 7million dollars a day in military aid to make killing Palestinians easier.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/usaid.html

That might keep the Islaamic Terrorists at bay.
yeah, it's the Israeli's fault DAMN THOSE JEWS FOR FIGHTING BACK AGAINST TERRORISTS CAUSING DEATH AND MAYHEM !!!!!!

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #32
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
well said....well said. utopian dreams are that....dreams.

what people dont seem to understand is that if we didnt do the destabilization in a lot of instances with different countries...we prob wouldve fought a lot more wars....
cuba wouldve had nukes back in the day....iran wouldve conquered quite a large swath of the ME, all just to mention a few.

now, what gets me is people want us to be isolationists, like we used to be in the past, but that didnt work either. stay out of other peoples business.....until theirs a genocide or other countrys are treating their people badly, but dont do it for our interests or our people. keep our money home to feed and cloth our people.....until their is another country that cant feed or clothe its people.

no perfect world....you do what ya can and make the best decisions as they come
In one of these threads, I posted a list of ALL US casualties of war we've sustained since adopting this destabilization policy. Not to cheapen or lessen the losses, but, RELATIVELY SPEAKING, this policy has been very cheap in the cost of human casualties. Fighting sustained large scale Wars against very large and powerful blocs aligned against us would have resulted in exponentially more casualties, not to mention additional trillions spent.

We have money. We have technology. We have a smart policy in place. We have two vast oceans to protect us. We have a navy larger than all the rest of the Worlds navies combined. What we do NOT have is a large population. We cannot expend soldiers, so we adopted a policy that protects our interests, keeps us relatively safe, and keeps the numbers of soldiers we need on the small side.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #33
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

never thought of it quite like that.....as far as why we have the policy that we do.
interesting....well played
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #34
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
In one of these threads, I posted a list of ALL US casualties of war we've sustained since adopting this destabilization policy. Not to cheapen or lessen the losses, but, RELATIVELY SPEAKING, this policy has been very cheap in the cost of human casualties.
See, rev - when you say it that way (especially when you leave out all the other casualties) you really do lessen the losses. Literally. You really can't try to qualify a statement like that because the that is the meat of what you are saying.

Quote:
First off, this whole utopian "live and let live" nonsense is childishly naive. It's not even worth rehashing.
It really bothers me that you call it childish and naive to think that this kind of loss is unacceptable. Talk about unrealistic...It's unrealistic to be so far removed from these deaths that they are just numbers and collateral damage. We are more civilized than that. We are supposed to be better than that.

How about *just* Iraq and Afghanistan?

At least 849,845 people have
been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq
since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.

Most recent update: December 29, 2009.

About 283 times as many people have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq than in the ghastly attacks of September 11, 2001. More than 121 times as many people have been killed in these wars and occupations than in all terrorist attacks in the world from 1993-2004, accordint to data compiled by the US State Department. (After the 2004 report showed terrorism at an all-time high, numerous experts suggested that the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were fueling an increase in terrorism, and subsequent State Dept terror tallies have remained classified.)

Casualties in Afghanistan:
Afghan troops killed: 8,587
Afghan troops seriously injured: 25,761
Afghan civilians killed : 8,165
Afghan civilians seriously injured: 14,697
U.S. troops killed: 866
U.S. troops seriously injured: 2,598
Other coalition troops killed: 619
Other coalition troops seriously injured: 1,857
Contractors killed: 75
Contractors seriously injured: 2,428
Journalists killed: 7
Journalists seriously injured: unknown
Total killed in Afghanistan: 18,319
Total injured in Afghanistan: 47,341

Casualties in Iraq:
Iraqi troops killed: 30,000
Iraqi troops seriously injured: 90,000
Iraqi civilians killed: 795,763
Iraqi civilians seriously injured: 1,432,373
U.S. troops killed: 4,371
U.S. troops seriously injured: 31,557
Other coalition troops killed: 318
Other coalition troops seriously injured: 2,290
Contractors killed: 933
Contractors seriously injured: 10,569
Journalists killed :141
Journalists seriously injured: unknown
Total killed in Iraq: 831,526
Total injured in Iraq: 1,566,789

http://www.unknownnews.net/casualties.html#note
Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #35
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

First

Elect me Supreme Chancellor

Second

I build a fleet of Super Star Destroyers and a Clone Army.

Third

Kill anyone that does not like the idea of me in charge.

Forth

Peace

Easy as Pie.

Actually, I believe that spreading the idea of freedom of democracy is the best coarse of action, create a situation where people want freedoms and break away from their own dictatorships. Also, enact a policy that we as a nation will engage in NO TRADE with any Non-Democracy Country.

No Trade with China, No Trade with Saudi Arabia, No Trade with Iran or Lybia. None. We will not actively thwart them from trading with one another, but we will engage in No Trade with No-Free Nations.

At this point we can still trade with Russia, pretty much all of Europe, plenty of Indonesian Countries, India, Quite a few African nations, as well as some South American countries.

No Trade of any kind with Venezuala, No trade with Cuba.

Nations that have legit elections and Governmental Body Turnover (especially in their highest office) will be on our Trade List, however we will not trade with a single nation that engages in Tyranny and Opression of its own people.

If people in Iran can't get their Diet Cokes, they are going to flip the regime.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #36
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
At least 849,845 people have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.
Are you suggesting that we are responsible for all those casualties? Seems to me a huge number have perished to islamoassholes blowing things up, decapitating people, and just being, well, assholes . Who killed the journalists and contractors? Who killed civilians?

I would say from your numbers, we might have had a hand in less than 50,000, and in that I'm counting all the Iraqi soldiers and some civilians. The other 800K belong to the terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
NO TRADE with any Non-Democracy Country.
That would eliminate the US as a trading partner. We are not a democracy. Just saying. Otherwise your plan is inspired genius. And I know a genius when I see one.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #37
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
That would eliminate the US as a trading partner. We are not a democracy. Just saying. Otherwise your plan is inspired genius. And I know a genius when I see one.
Well saying Democracy is just an easier way of saying Representative Republic. But I know you knew what I meant. And You know I know that you Knew what I meant. and I know you know that I know you knew what I meant.

but for anyone interested in this aspect of the discussion:
http://www.thisnation.com/question/011.html
The United States is, indeed, a republic, not a democracy. Accurately defined, a democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums. A republic, on the other hand, is a system in which the people choose representatives who, in turn, make policy decisions on their behalf. The Framers of the Constitution were altogether fearful of pure democracy. Everything they read and studied taught them that pure democracies "have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths"

By popular usage, however, the word "democracy" come to mean a form of government in which the government derives its power from the people and is accountable to them for the use of that power. In this sense the United States might accurately be called a democracy. However, there are examples of "pure democracy" at work in the United States today that would probably trouble the Framers of the Constitution if they were still alive to see them. Many states allow for policy questions to be decided directly by the people by voting on ballot initiatives or referendums. (Initiatives originate with, or are initiated by, the people while referendums originate with, or are referred to the people by, a state's legislative body.) That the Constitution does not provide for national ballot initiatives or referendums is indicative of the Framers' opposition to such mechanisms. They were not confident that the people had the time, wisdom or level-headedness to make complex decisions, such as those that are often presented on ballots on election day.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #38
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
yeah, it's the Israeli's fault DAMN THOSE JEWS FOR FIGHTING BACK AGAINST TERRORISTS CAUSING DEATH AND MAYHEM !!!!!!
The Israelis are just as guilty of Death and Mayhem in that part of the world as the Palestinians.

Last edited by WH; 02-01-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #39
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

i take it your not a big fan of the Jews and their homeland hmmm?
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
WH

Member Number:

What the hell kind of question is that....