Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Steel-Bryan
Starter

Member Number: 13188
Default If Joey Porter came back to the Burgh...

How do you guys think he would be used ?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: If Joey Porter came back to the Burgh...

I can't see us bringing him back....But I'd love it if we did!! He was one of my fav Steelers of all time! IF we were to bring him back (I don't think he'd accept a "role" player type of job), he would immediately be our best backup probably at all 4 LB positions just because he knows Dick's D scheme so well. I'm in, where do we sign up for this to happen? :)
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Peezy, was on JRIB today.

He isn't a happy camper. Makes me wonder if he'll be back in Miami next year or somewhere else?

Will be interesting to see how Parcells deals with his comments today and what will become of Joey.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

I don't see him coming back and plus, with Harrison and Woodley, where would he belong... maybe they could move him to take over Farrior's spot.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Peezy, was on JRIB today.

He isn't a happy camper. Makes me wonder if he'll be back in Miami next year or somewhere else?

Will be interesting to see how Parcells deals with his comments today and what will become of Joey.
Sparano was asked about Porter and his status with Miami during a press conference last week in Mobile. Sparano refused to comment (after all, the press conference was supposed to be about the Senior Bowl and players), but I got the impression there was a lot of unrest with the situation.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Miami Dolphins' Joey Porter has told team he wants to be traded

DAVIE The Joey Porter saga picked up steam Monday.

The outspoken linebacker went on the Jim Rome show on ESPN and said he doesn't want to return to the Dolphins unless he is a full-time starter.

An NFL source confirmed that Porter has told the Dolphins he would like to be traded in the wake of a frustrating season.

Porter missed two games one because of injury and one because coach Tony Sparano deactivated him and his playing time was reduced, in part to make room for younger players such as Cameron Wake and Charlie Anderson.

Porter, who turns 33 on March 22, told Rome on his Miami Beach set that his situation "could easily have been fixed" by management.

However, the Dolphins might decide he is too expensive to keep because of his diminishing skills and up-and-down attitude.

The Dolphins have until March 4 to release Porter or pay him a $1 million roster bonus.

In addition, Porter is scheduled to earn a base salary of $3.8 million in 2010 and a $200,000 workout bonus.

If Miami releases Porter, the team would owe him nothing.

Reached on his cell phone Monday night, Porter declined to comment before hanging up.

Last week at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland said Porter had not told the organization he wants to leave.

"Not to my knowledge," Ireland said.

Monday's interview with Rome wasn't the first time Porter has expressed his dissatisfaction with the 2009 season, his third with the Dolphins. Porter made similar comments two weeks ago during a radio interview in his hometown of Bakersfield, Calif.

Porter was a team captain and is a four-time Pro Bowl player, but last season he often left the field to make way for Wake, 27, and Anderson, 28.

Coaches also moved 13-year veteran Jason Taylor to the weak side normally Porter's domain often enough to bother Porter. In 2008, Porter produced a career-high 17.5 sacks while lining up in that spot. In 2009 he had nine.

Porter battled knee and hamstring injuries much of the season, finishing with a career-low 41 tackles.

Talking to Rome about his frustrations, he said he learned, "I can't fight the machine."

He was upset when the team deactivated him for the Nov. 15 home game against Tampa Bay. Sparano took that action after Porter was excused from practice on a Wednesday and Thursday to rest his knees but then was seen socializing Friday night.

Porter told Rome, "I went out for something to eat on Friday night."

Meanwhile, the Dolphins also have a decision to make on Taylor.

During a live chat Monday on NFL.com, Dolphins football czar Bill Parcells was non-committal about Taylor's return in 2010.

"I don't know the answer to the Taylor question at this moment," Parcells said. "He's a free agent as of March 5 and we haven't discussed it yet. We'll see where that goes when the time comes."

A few months after Parcells arrived in December 2007, the Dolphins traded Taylor to the Redskins.

Taylor rejoined Miami before last season and had a solid year, finishing with 42 tackles and tying for second on the team with seven sacks. He started 15 games at strong-side linebacker and also forced three fumbles, had five passes defensed and an interception.

However, Taylor will turn 36 on Sept. 1.

Last week at one of his charity events, Taylor said he hasn't made any decisions on his future, but would explore his options.

"It's a business," he said, "and we'll see where it takes us."
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...he-207350.html
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,583 Posts

the only possabilities i see for the mouth, is arizona (pittsbughs retirement community) , sanfran , KC and the browns....
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:14 AM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

i hope peezy did what jerry rice did and signs back for us for 1 day to end his career as a steeler, that would be cool
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,316 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
maybe they could move him to take over Farrior's spot.
That won't happen you would be replacing him with someone that is just is old and Farrior is still playing some good ball.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #10
Bus36RollsUrlacher
Water Boy

Member Number: 7965

Don't see it happening in Pittsburgh, but he would definitely be a good leader in the locker room. Not sure if Tomlin would tolerate too much of his antics - especially with the media and all the hoopla from this season, but Steelers West will surely pick him up if he is released before the March deadline.
Bus36RollsUrlacher is offline   Reply With Quote