Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: My First 2010 Mock Draft

ud pass earl thomas for patrick robinson.???? :P

whatever ur smoking pass it over musta be good :P

but yea i like patrick hes a lockdown corner.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4jc View Post
walterfootball.com has Clausen going to the Rams as well. It's not a popular prediction, but I think the Rams def go QB in round 1...Bradford or Clausen...I'd tend to think they should trade down, get a few extra picks and still get one of the 2, after all, when you are the Rams, you need all the help you can get.
I don't know... The Rams need so much help filling a lot of holes on the team. Their secondary is absolutely atrocious and they have one of the defenses in the league. One way to help in both rush defense and pass defense is to build up front. Suh is both an athletic run-stuffer and a great pass-rusher. Suh paired with Chris Long and a healthy Adam Carriker will put a lot of pressure on opposing quarterbacks and help out a really bad secondary.

Sure, the Rams need a quarterback pretty badly, but I don't see them using the #1 pick on the top quarterback in a mediocre quarterback class (at best). What people sometimes don't realize is how hard it is to trade out of the top 5. Not too many teams want to spend the kind of money that a Jake Long or Mario Williams demanded.

Aside from all that, Spagnuolo is a defensive-minded coach. He was the defensive coordinator for the Giants Superbowl team that got to Tom Brady all game long. He understands the importance of front-seven pressure and I just don't see the Rams passing on the best defensive tackle prospect in years.

To build from the ground up and turn a bad franchise around, you have to start in the trenches.

Just my $.02
Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969 View Post
He is an OT and most likely a Left side one at that, those are very valuable and the way the last few drafts have went there will be several selected in the 1st round again this april in my opinion. And besides Ducasse had a big Senior Bowl game and week and that will most likely propell him up. But these are yet again just my opinion.
I hate to disagree with you, but I was at the Senior Bowl practices all week (and at the game). Ducasse did not look very good at all, and I talked to several scouts who agree with me on that. His footwork was extremely sloppy and as much as his stock soared going into the week, it feel equally far after last week.

To me, Ducasse is looking like an interior lineman or a right tackle. He's a big body, but his lateral footwork is not very good. I was able to watch him do footwork drills almost every day at practice and comparatively, I saw a lot of guys that are better suited to play left tackle. He got beat several times by pass-rushing linebackers and ends because he can't move his feet very well.

I'm fairly certain he'll fall into the mid-second round and I'd be willing to bet he'll play guard in the NFL.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #14
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Nice input everyone, I appreciate it. Some other players of interest that keeps popping up on NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN are these that they like very much and the ones that they said looked very good at Mobile AL.

LB's
Inside Donald Butler Washington
Outside Koa Misi Utah

OG John Jerry Ole Miss

RB's Kick Returners
Dexter McCluster Ole Miss
Joique Bell Wayne State
Old 02-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #15
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969 View Post
Nice input everyone, I appreciate it. Some other players of interest that keeps popping up on NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN are these that they like very much and the ones that they said looked very good at Mobile AL.

LB's
Inside Donald Butler Washington
Outside Koa Misi Utah

OG John Jerry Ole Miss

RB's Kick Returners
Dexter McCluster Ole Miss
Joique Bell Wayne State
Dont sleep on this guy - he is gonna be pretty good IMO

They are five solid picks to watch for sure