Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
vtw8lftr
Water Boy

Member Number: 15860
Default My first 7-round draft for 2010

1st - Dan Williams, NT - Succesor to Casey Hampton in case they don't sign/tag him
2nd - Brandon Spikes, ILB - A steal in the 2nd if he falls this far... excellent depth for our LB core
3rd - Jerome Murphy, CB - Hard hitting and sure tackling...
4th - Ciron Black, OT - Another good line project... can play RT or G... probably won't fall this far
5th - Kurt Coleman, S - All-BIg Ten Second Team '08 / All-Big Ten First Team '09
5th - Joique Bell, RB - Can catch and run but after the combine I have a feeling his stock will soar
5th - Freddie Barnes, WR - Everyone's saying he is moving up... so I did from the 7th
6th - John Estes, C - First teamer and very durable... good project to replace Hartwig
7th - Rusty Smith, QB - Injured last year but has shown good poise against SEC competition... good project
7th - Alex Steigerwald, K - meh... doesn't hurt to have a couple of kickers to look at

Last edited by vtw8lftr; 02-05-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: People want reasons... and I forgot a 5th
vtw8lftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823
Default Re: My first 7-round draft for 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtw8lftr View Post
1st - Dan Williams, NT
2nd - Brandon Spikes, ILB
3rd - Jerome Murphy, CB
4th - Ciron Black, OT
5th - Kurt Coleman, S
5th - Joique Bell, RB
6th - John Estes, C
7th - Freddie Barnes, WR
7th - Alex Steigerwald, K
I love the Freddie Barnes pick. He's going to make a great slot receiver in the NFL. He's not the fastest receiver, but he runs good routes and has great hands. Definitely a guy I want to see in a Steelers uniform. However, I don't think he'll slip to the seventh round. Despite not attending the Senior Bowl, scouts still have him on their radar. I was in Mobile and talked to several people who wanted to see him there last week. I expect him to go somewhere in the fourth round.

I'm not a big fan of the Dan Williams pick, though. At #18, there is going to be so much more value. Guys like Earl Thomas, Mike Iupati (possibly), Patrick Robinson, Brian Bulaga... all guys that would have more of a first-year impact than Williams I think. Cam Thomas is a guy we can get in later rounds that impressed me even more than Williams did last week.

Joicque Bell was a really pleasant surprise at the Senior Bowl. Coming from a small school (Wayne St, Div II), he flew in under a lot of peoples' radars, but he looked very good last week and I love his running style. He'd be a great backup to Mendenhall in the near future.

Overall, good work!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
vtw8lftr
Water Boy

I had a tough time deciding between Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, Lupati, and Bulaga... I have them all on my radar screen as well for the first round.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

You left out a 5th rounder
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
vtw8lftr
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
You left out a 5th rounder
In that case I would probably throw in MIcah if he was available... don't know if he will drop that far.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

No reasons why? Its pretty easy just to throw a bunch of players in rounds and post. Barnes isn't falling to the 7th round, no way no how.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
vtw8lftr
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
No reasons why? Its pretty easy just to throw a bunch of players in rounds and post. Barnes isn't falling to the 7th round, no way no how.
I did not have the time to explain my selections (at work )

What's funny is I had never heard of Barnes until I was reading Walter Football and they had him listed as a potential 7th rounder at WR... I researched a few of the 7th round WRs and he seemed to have the best skill set... now everyone seems to think he is going a lot earlier than that. Apparently Walter Football has not updated their WR listings.

I also have a feeling Joique Bell is not lasting until 5th... his stock is rising.

All of these mock drafts are just guesses anyways... it is more a means of stating who you hope they will draft and a lot of HOPE that some of these players fall that far so your team can draft a gem in the late rounds.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
vtw8lftr
Water Boy

OK... time to modify with the signing of Hampton... also I heard we only get a 5th and 7th compensatory pick this year

1st - Earl Thomas, S: Stud DB that can play CB or S
2nd - Brandon Spikes, ILB: Prototypical 3-4 ILB... great future replacement for Farrior
3rd - Cam Thomas / Torrell Troupe, NT: Whichever becomes heir apparent to Hampton
4th - Amari Spievey, CB: Very talented corner that may get lost until the middle rounds
5th - Joique Bell, RB: Can catch and run but I have a feeling his stock will soar
5th - Freddie Barnes, WR: Excellent route runner
6th - John Estes, C - First teamer and very durable... good project to replace Hartwig
7th - Rusty Smith, QB - Injured last year but has shown good poise against SEC competition... good project
7th - Carl Ihenacho, DE/LB - Very good under-rated player out of San Jose State