Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,239 Times in 600 Posts
Default Blast from the Past: Super Bowl XXX

OK they replayed this game and I literally watched that 2nd NOD INT over and over again about 20-30 times. Thank God for DVRs! Now, I've always had it ingrained in my mind that NOD threw that game, then went to NY to collect from Tony and Vinny and the boys. But, now I think Hastings screwed up and ran *inside* when he was supposed to run an out. It might have been because he was reading a blitz and trying to adjust his route (he signals a blitz which I assume means he was making a hot adjustment). He also makes a little jink move outside before cutting back in to throw off the DB, which could have been misread by NOD as the actual route.

Regardless, it looked like *someone* was in the wrong place because the receivers were all running into coverages and not into space.

Anybody remember this play?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Re: Blast from the Past: Super Bowl XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
OK they replayed this game and I literally watched that 2nd NOD INT over and over again about 20-30 times. Thank God for DVRs! Now, I've always had it ingrained in my mind that NOD threw that game, then went to NY to collect from Tony and Vinny and the boys. But, now I think Hastings screwed up and ran *inside* when he was supposed to run an out. It might have been because he was reading a blitz and trying to adjust his route (he signals a blitz which I assume means he was making a hot adjustment). He also makes a little jink move outside before cutting back in to throw off the DB, which could have been misread by NOD as the actual route.

Regardless, it looked like *someone* was in the wrong place because the receivers were all running into coverages and not into space.

Are you kidding!??
Does ANYBODY forget that play?

I still have nightmares about it, but I would have to go back and watch it to see that "jink move" that you describe.
Would've, could've, should've-----we'd be working on Number 8
Old 02-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post

Rememberit. DO'T GET ME STARTED!!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 1,345 Times in 617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
Are you kidding!??
Does ANYBODY forget that play?

I still have nightmares about it

lol. My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

DIE NEIL DIE

DIE NEIL DIE

DIE NEIL DIE
Old 02-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Wasnt Corey Holliday who ran deep instead of a curl on that play for an injuried Ernie Mills? Hastings dropping that first pass on that drive was a back breaker though. It was for a first and past the 45 and the Steelers would have probably started running a little there. UGH. I hate thinking about that game.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

well my wife is a cryboys fan and every once in a while she will gt a wry smile and say hey you remember supper bowl XXX. ugh how could i ever forget

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...4555/index.htm

Here's a better blast from the past.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

I'll admit - to this day, I still have no idea how we won that game. After jumping out to an early 13-0 lead(would have been 17-0 if Irvin hadn't pushed off that DB-he didn't have to), we had no answer for your team's adjustments against our O, and our DL was wearing down.

*shrugs* I guess that's why we play the game - you just never know what will happen over the course of the game.

Which is why I'm surprised that everyone thinks the Colts will steamroll the Saints - the Colts may be superior to the Saints, but it's not like they're immune to mistakes.