Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
SMR
Starter

Member Number: 2111
Default Re: Sour grapes...AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Seahawk fans whining about the refs is easy to explain. They are quite liberal up in that neck of the woods and we all know the liberal philosophy does not allow for accepting personal responsibility for your own failures and shortcomings but rather encourages you to look outward for someone to point the finger at. Yep, textbook victim mentality.
lol, exactly!

SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #22
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,100 Posts

Let them cry they have nothing else to talk about.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #23
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Last I checked, when a receiver fully extends his arm to create space between him and the defensive back, it's textbook offensive pass interference.

When an offensive lineman has his arm wrapped around the arm of a defensive player, especially from behind and is dragging that player to the ground, it's holding.

The only foul committed by the Seahawks that was a bad call was the one on Hasselbeck when he tackled Ike Taylor after he threw the interception.

But the refs didn't cause Townsend's sack on Hasselbeck, nor the great blocking a bad run defense on Willie's 75 yard TD run, nor the blown coverage on the trick play TD pass to Hines Ward.

Refs didn't cause the missed field goals, nor the dropped passes, nor Hasselbeck's interception.

The refs didn't cause Shaun Alexander (the league's MVP and then owner of the record for most TD's in a season) to be shut down by the Steelers defense all game.
you nailed all perinent points...i was going to throw all this out there but you beat me too it.....you take those plays, relook at them, and if they happened to the Squawks, they would bithch that they werent called...the penalties were obvious.
plus, would they have run away with the game so much, we wouldnt have run the 2 plays that sealed it. the 75 yrd run...the randle el pass? i seriously doubt it, the game would have still been close, and we wouldve done the same o game.
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #24
JHSilverback
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12082

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
I like that the fact that no one talks about how well the Steelers played in the second half. I mean, it was over four years ago, let it go seriously. I personally get tired of hearing... and it's always from Raven fans at that...
yea thats all I hear from ravens fans is "aww the refs are always on your side and that's the only reason why you win superbowls" and then I always love the classic excuse of why the ravens lose which is "the refs screwed us"
JHSilverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHSilverback View Post
yea thats all I hear from ravens fans is "aww the refs are always on your side and that's the only reason why you win superbowls" and then I always love the classic excuse of why the ravens lose which is "the refs screwed us"
They all seem to forget when phil luckett screwed us on the coin flip in an OT game against the lions years ago..and it was blatant!

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #26
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Who's Shaun Alexander? Or these "Seattle Seahawks" for that matter?

I can't recall anything about them. Something about a moose or something.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

So, i watched the original broadcast from the 5 greatest game series of the SB's the Steelers won (of course I get it the season the Steelers win their sixth) and we had that game. First off, the refs were making fair calls, there were plenty of calls that were made of both teams. There were also some calls the refs missed when it came to the Hawks, dirty plays people dirty plays... Now the Darrell Jackson TD catch that was called back for the offensive pass interference is a pretty questionable and close call, but here's the thing, you can't push off a player like the way he did. Another call that was huge was of course Big Ben's rushing TD. Many argue that the ball didn't even make it, but here's the rule: the ball has to just touch the chalk for it be considered a TD, now, the nose of the ball barely touchdown the chalk while he was in the air which made it a TD. Even if we didn't score on that play and settled for a field goal and Jackson's TD counted, it would have been tied and who knows what could have happened. There were also plenty of mistakes made by the Seahawks that costed them the game. Shaun Alexander didn't really even do anything in that game. Another issue was, yes Ben didn't have a good game passing wise, but the thing is, a lot of the balls werent caught because of the WRs dropping them. The Seahawks kicker also missed two field goals which didn't help their cause. Our D shut their rushing attack down. The Steelers dominated the second half and the Seahawks had the first. IMO, the Seahawks made themselves lose that game and the Steelers picked up what they screwed up on and went with it. Everyone also forgets Willie's TD run... which is still a record.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #28
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,170 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Seahawk fans whining about the refs is easy to explain. They are quite liberal up in that neck of the woods and we all know the liberal philosophy does not allow for accepting personal responsibility for your own failures and shortcomings but rather encourages you to look outward for someone to point the finger at. Yep, textbook victim mentality.
I refer to people who bitch about the refs as football liberals -- they refuse to take responsibility for their own shortcomings, and instead they blame it all on some external force so they can piss and moan about being "victims of injustice."

This goes for any neutral fan who cries "injustice" too.
Gnutella is online now   Reply With Quote