Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814
Default Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2010 NFL Draft: Comparing the Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
I'm Henderson and No I'm not a Tomlin advisor but As a Steeler fan who watched Coach Tomlin put Casey Hampton on the PUP list (physically unable to preform list) because he showed up at 370lbs. Common sense would tell any steeler fan that Cody is not the type of player Tomlin would want. If you want to know what type of player Tomlin wants just look at his draft pick Ziggy Hood. Athletic DT with a high motor. Based on that description it tells you he would like Dan Williams over Terrance Cody. Its not rocket science.
Steely Mc Smash I have a question for you. Even though you nor I work for The PATS we could both tell what Bill B wants out of the draft? We being from New England know Bill B love 2nd round picks and getting VALUE! Thats the biggest complaint up in this area and everyone knows it. So if I suggested that Bill B might trade wilfork to KC it would be a possibility. WHy? Because Bill B would want their 2 second round picks(not their 1st) giving him a total of 5 for the draft. That doesnt make me an advisor it makes me a fan who's following the teams history,Listening to the local stations that talk about the team and has Bill B on every week. Yes, its a guess but it's an educated guess. Thanks PS What you wrote was good and funny. Go STEELERS
Nice to meet you Henderson, glad you enjoyed my comments.

I don't mean any disrespect to your anonymity. Just strikes me as funny that he's quoting bleacher report posters in the type of context one would use for expert opinion, but he really just means that you said something well and he agrees with you.

I'm well aware of the big snack's time running laps on the lower field at St. Vincent. That being said I wouldn't purport to KNOW that Tomlin will never take a guy who ever had a conditioning problem. There's a lot of time between now and draft day. It will be interesting to see in what shape Cody shows up to the combine and his Pro day.

Also the team will have first hand information on the guy to assess whether his head is screwed on straight and he can discipline himself. He apparently dropped 60 pounds during his College career so I would assess his weight as more of a risk and not neccesarily a deal breaker. As a second round pick, he might be a compelling value provided the team is happy with their first hand info.

Regarding New England, I am most emphatically from Pittsburgh. I have lived here for 8 years or so.

I don't honestly know that I've ever heard anyone analyze the pats draft policy in any detail. What I will say is that I think they've done a good job of banking draft value by trading for picks in subsequent drafts. They opperate in bold strokes personnel-wise which is a boom or bust method as I see the results. They really aren't built by the draft as much as folks would have you believe. They had a good run there and some players took a FA discount to take a shot at getting a ring.

Isn't Wilfork a FA? If so there's nothing to trade there so that's not a possibility.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Note that the guy who wrote the first one is a "senior writer" over there.

wouldn't it be great if we could get Ed Bouchette to come over here and bitch us out? I'd consider subscibing to insider if he committed to one flaming rant a month.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #13
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,321 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post

Isn't Wilfork a FA? If so there's nothing to trade there so that's not a possibility.

Isnt it great that bloggers get all high and mighty over themselves when they really dont know what is going on?? I wonder if he knows that the Patriots drafted NT Nyron Pryor from Kentucky last year and he will probably be the replacement??

"Better to be thought of as an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

heres another illustrious article from bleacher report on why we should spend our money on top free agents like daunta robinson, reggie bush and gostkowski

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...gn=fbc_comment
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Man what a load of CRAP!!! I just wasted a few minutes of my life on this article... I was about half way when I finally realized that the writer here is INSANE in most of his opinions/arguments!!!!.....seriously keep this garbage on the bleacher report and quit trashing steelersfever w/ you're BS opinions.....Man that whole article was horrible and a waste of my time.....For that reason I'm REPLYING to you(the person responsible for posting this B.S.) and letting you know how I feel about this nonsense....If you were saying this around me I would confront you face to face....but I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion.....right????....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
Man what a load of CRAP.If you were saying this around me I would confront you face to face
Lol epic. Calm down dude it's only a article. It's not like Mike Tomlin actually reads and listens to them. All cools man.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote