Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #251
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
STOP LIVING THROUGH THE MEDIA - FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS

Who cares what the media has to say, honestly!!!!!

I don't care if the emdia said that Carolina should have been fine, no they shouldnt have... They played really good ball like half the season, the other half was not good... They have one receiver and their running backs were hurt...

this being said, do you think they were a great football team?????????
I don't care- I'm responding to the reasons you're giving for why Seattle can't win on Sunday.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #252
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect
 
SteelCityPride's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Just outside Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
I don't care- I'm responding to the reasons you're giving for why Seattle can't win on Sunday.

OK, well stop giving mention to what the media said before or after any games, I don't care what the media said. I will say right now the reasons we will win, unscathed by media, are that our passing game will perform better, our thrid receiver, Wilson will be matched up with who? If you got corners on ward and randle el, who will cover wilson... A safety? bring another corner in? if you do this we will run the ball very effectively. I think our defense will shut down the run game off the bat and allow us to get up in the first few series forcing you guys to throw the ball while Hasselbeck will be under a lot of pressure, unlike he has seen from any other team. You can't argue that any other team blitzes like the steelers, that would be an outrageous statement. So anyways, it doesn't matter what tony kornheiser says or Stuart Scott, or any NFL Analyst, what matters to me are the games I have watched all season. Plus the strength of the AFC vs. the NFC, showing the difficulty of opponents we faced. Good Luck!
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #253
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...?t=4813&page=2

His own fanbase is apologizing for his stupidity and ignorance.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #254
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MD but a pittsburgh native
Posts: 107
Gender: Male
Member Number: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...?t=4813&page=2

His own fanbase is apologizing for his stupidity and ignorance.
like I said he is a
__________________
thumb 2 come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #255
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
OK, well stop giving mention to what the media said before or after any games, I don't care what the media said. I will say right now the reasons we will win, unscathed by media, are that our passing game will perform better, our thrid receiver, Wilson will be matched up with who? If you got corners on ward and randle el, who will cover wilson... A safety? bring another corner in? if you do this we will run the ball very effectively. I think our defense will shut down the run game off the bat and allow us to get up in the first few series forcing you guys to throw the ball while Hasselbeck will be under a lot of pressure, unlike he has seen from any other team. You can't argue that any other team blitzes like the steelers, that would be an outrageous statement. So anyways, it doesn't matter what tony kornheiser says or Stuart Scott, or any NFL Analyst, what matters to me are the games I have watched all season. Plus the strength of the AFC vs. the NFC, showing the difficulty of opponents we faced. Good Luck!
I can tell you Seattle had more sacks than any tean in the NFL and that Hasselbeck has too many options, is quite adept at picking up the blitz and audibling a running play, and is too cool under pressure for me to fear your blitz packages.

Meet Joe Jurevicius and Jeramy Stevens- those guys you haven't heard of will be haunting your dreams for years to come...

It is true our secondary isn't the best, but out red zone defense is. So unless you're going to rely on big plays, I'm confident in our ability to control field position.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #256
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MD but a pittsburgh native
Posts: 107
Gender: Male
Member Number: 584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
I can tell you Seattle had more sacks than any tean in the NFL

Wow 5 more than the steelers and we had a tougher schedule most sacks still you had a worse total defense ranked what 16th as compared to pitts 4th
__________________
thumb 2 come is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #257
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect
 
SteelCityPride's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Just outside Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
I can tell you Seattle had more sacks than any tean in the NFL and that Hasselbeck has too many options, is quite adept at picking up the blitz and audibling a running play, and is too cool under pressure for me to fear your blitz packages.

Meet Joe Jurevicius and Jeramy Stevens- those guys you haven't heard of will be haunting your dreams for years to come...

It is true our secondary isn't the best, but out red zone defense is. So unless you're going to rely on big plays, I'm confident in our ability to control field position.

I've heard plenty of Jurevicius and Stevens... Semi impressed by Jurevicius, not at all impressed by Stevens. Why don't we go and count sacks in the playoffs, our defense has really ocme out of the box in the past 7 games... We'll see how cool he is, hopefully he is a better qb than Peyton Manning... Do you agree with that statement? Is Hasselbeck a better qb then Peyton Manning? Does he have better receivers than Manning? Just wondering....
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #258
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
I've heard plenty of Jurevicius and Stevens... Semi impressed by Jurevicius, not at all impressed by Stevens. Why don't we go and count sacks in the playoffs, our defense has really ocme out of the box in the past 7 games... We'll see how cool he is, hopefully he is a better qb than Peyton Manning... Do you agree with that statement? Is Hasselbeck a better qb then Peyton Manning? Does he have better receivers than Manning? Just wondering....
Manning had "protection problems" (translation: Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson aren't Colts).
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #259
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect
 
SteelCityPride's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Just outside Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
Manning had "protection problems" (translation: Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson aren't Colts).
I guess Jake did too, with arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #260
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Porter fires off again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
I guess Jake did too, with arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jake didn't call his teamates out like Payton did. But Walt and Hutch aren't Broncos either, last time I checked...
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts