Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #21
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283
Default Re: 365 Ways to cook chicken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
What do you eat with your chicken? Side dish?
Let's talk macronutrients. (Protein, carbs, fats)

For meal #1 I'll have a large chicken breast, Coach's Oats (Steel cut oats) with either berries, banana, or a table spoon of Agave. (Agave is super low on the glycemic index. Much lower than honey or even an apple. This stuff burns super slow)

#2, 3, & 4, sometimes 5: Large chicken breast, 2 cups or more of Jasmine Rice with tomatoes or bell peppers or just Cholula, and/or half a large baked Yam (plain), or 3 small red-skinned potatoes.

Sometimes I add an avacado when I feel the need for some good fat, or substitute another bowl of Coach's Oats instead of rice.

Or, I chop the chicken breast and place it in at least 4 corn tortillas (usually La Tolteca brand because they do not add sugar or phosphoric acid-which robs your minerals) In my tacos I add sliced tomatoes, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots (my cheese substitute), and either some green or red salsa.

At various times I consume either Brown Rice Pasta, or Yellow Corn Pasta for my carbs. They taste great without the bloating of wheat, and are an awesome source of good energy! I usually add some organic pasta sauce for more flavor, and mix in the chopped chicken breast.

There are so many other combos that I eat, depending on my energy, and bio-chemical demands.

p.s. Because I ate so clean for my years of competition, I now have digestive intolerances for wheat gluten, dairy protein, and sometimes eggs. It's no problem at all because there are so many alternatives! However, if I want to eat cake I just pop an enzyme for gluten and one for dairy, and I don't usually get sick. (bloated and in the bathroom right away!)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I eat a ton of chicken because of the protein content (and I don't like fish or seafood ). This is one of my fave chicken recipes and it's low fat and cal too.

Ingredients you'll need:

4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2-3 pieces of low-fat string cheese cut in half
2 eggs beaten or 3/4 cup skim milk (I use Eggbeaters)
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (I use I Can't Believe Its Not Butter)
1 cup dry white wine (I use either Sherry or White cooking wine)
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced

Preheat your oven to 350 deg. Pround chicken breasts thin (or buy the thin cut breasts). Wrap each breast around a piece of string cheese and secure with toothpick or just wrap tightly. Dip in egg or milk and coat well with bread crumbs. Place in casserole dish. Pour butter over chicken and bake for 30 minutes. Pour wine over chicken and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove after 30 minutes, sprinkle with mushrooms and bake for another 10 minutes or so. Absolutely delicious! I serve it with either whole wheat pasta or whole wheat rice and a veggie.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #23
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Well, my wife made something simple for starters. She cooked the chicken in mushroom soup and also made brown rice and broccoli. It is very simply and the chicken was quite moist. The mushroom soup was great on the rice as well.

I am rating it an 8.

Taste-wise I would rate it a 7+ but I am adding a point because it is so easy to make.

Hopefully as we try some of the other recipes I/we can rate them.

Thanks!

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 02-10-2010 at 08:18 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #24
msafford
Starter

Location: Perrysburg, OH (grew up in Lisbon, OH- 50 miles from Pittsburgh)
Member Number: 2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Well, my wife made something simple for starters. She cooked the chicken in mushroom soup w/ brown and also made brown rice and broccoli. It is very simply and the chicken was quite moist. The mushroom soup makes was great on the rice as well.

I am rating it an 8.

Taste-wise I would rate it a 7+ but I am adding a point because it is so easy to make.

Thanks!
I'll piggy-back on this recipe as well. Put a cup of sour cream and a pack of dry onion soup mix in along with the mushroom soup and boneless chicken breasts. Cook it in the crock-pot for around 8 or so hours. it's AWESOME.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #25
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Well, my wife made something simple for starters. She cooked the chicken in mushroom soup and also made brown rice and broccoli. It is very simply and the chicken was quite moist. The mushroom soup was great on the rice as well.

I am rating it an 8.

Thanks!
I cannot get a 10 to save my life...I guess you did not marry me for my cooking...what was it then?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #26
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
I cannot get a 10 to save my life...I guess you did not marry me for my cooking...what was it then?

~ 3 Doors Down

Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #27
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
Let's talk macronutrients. (Protein, carbs, fats)

For meal #1 I'll have a large chicken breast, Coach's Oats (Steel cut oats) with either berries, banana, or a table spoon of Agave. (Agave is super low on the glycemic index. Much lower than honey or even an apple. This stuff burns super slow)

#2, 3, & 4, sometimes 5: Large chicken breast, 2 cups or more of Jasmine Rice with tomatoes or bell peppers or just Cholula, and/or half a large baked Yam (plain), or 3 small red-skinned potatoes.

Sometimes I add an avacado when I feel the need for some good fat, or substitute another bowl of Coach's Oats instead of rice.

Or, I chop the chicken breast and place it in at least 4 corn tortillas (usually La Tolteca brand because they do not add sugar or phosphoric acid-which robs your minerals) In my tacos I add sliced tomatoes, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots (my cheese substitute), and either some green or red salsa.

At various times I consume either Brown Rice Pasta, or Yellow Corn Pasta for my carbs. They taste great without the bloating of wheat, and are an awesome source of good energy! I usually add some organic pasta sauce for more flavor, and mix in the chopped chicken breast.

There are so many other combos that I eat, depending on my energy, and bio-chemical demands.

p.s. Because I ate so clean for my years of competition, I now have digestive intolerances for wheat gluten, dairy protein, and sometimes eggs. It's no problem at all because there are so many alternatives! However, if I want to eat cake I just pop an enzyme for gluten and one for dairy, and I don't usually get sick. (bloated and in the bathroom right away!)
i thought i was on bb.com for a minute, lol....my meals are relatively the same, except for the yam, i just cant stomach it. The rest of my diet is clean though. And Im not sure many people on here are gonna know what the hell youre talking about.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 AM   #28
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindes204 View Post
i thought i was on bb.com for a minute, lol....my meals are relatively the same, except for the yam, i just cant stomach it. The rest of my diet is clean though. And Im not sure many people on here are gonna know what the hell youre talking about.
I hear ya! Just trying to share some healthy habits with friends!

Not to hijack this thread, my favorite way to cook chicken breasts is on the grill! I use lemon juice and my favorite BBQ sauce to marinate for at least 24 hours. I usually wrap some corn on the cob in foil and throw that on the grill too!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #29
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Tried a new recipe Tuesday night for dinner. Forget where I found it but it was easy to make and relatively delicious.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Pound chicken breasts thin or buy thin breasts
Mix a can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese, and a tbsp of italian seasoning
Coat chix breasts in olive oil
put a spoonful of above mix on top of breasts and roll up and put toothpick in breasts to keep rolled
take some italian and cheese bread crumbs and coat the breasts
bake and enjoy
Old 02-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #30
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
I had to laugh when I read your post, GB! I'll throw a few of my favorite recipes at you starting with an easy one.

Preheat the oven and set at 390 degrees.

After cleaning the chicken well (I have to admit that I hate touching uncooked chicked), and cutting any excess fat or tissue off, I place it in a large baking pan. Then soak in lemon juice! Lemon penetrates pretty well and keeps the chicken moist. Then I sprinkle paprika, enough to put a light coat on each entire piece. Then comes plenty of Krikland (Costco) Organic No-Salt Seasoning. (Onion, garlic, carrot, black pepper, red bell pepper, tomato granules, orange peel, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, basil, celery, lemon peel, oregano, mustard seed, cumin, marjoram, corlander, cayenne pepper, rosemary) By this time the chicken is completely covered in spices. Then bake at 390 degrees for 50 minutes.

When you remove the chicken set it down and cover with foil. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.

Chicken should be moist and full of flavor!

I cook at least 8-16 at once so I will have plenty for a few days.

Well D, my wife cooked this up this afternoon.

I am going to have it for dinner after my workout....it smells good.

I will let you know how it is in a bit...Thanks again!

~ 3 Doors Down