Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,160 Times in 457 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default any musicians here?

seeing how successful all the music threads are just thought id ifnd out
watcha play?
how long have you been playing?
any cool experiences?
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: any musicians here?

I don't play myself anymore (used to play piano many moons ago), but my fiance has been a hardcore musician for most of his life, and for a while when I part owned a club in the Strip, I was surrounded by musicians 24/7 it seemed (which is how I met him in the first place lol). I try not to remember much from that overly hectic time, but the coolest night by far was when Acumen Nation played. Speaking for him, I would say that the number of times that Singine (the band) opened for Acumen Nation and DJ? Acucrack was probably some of the cooler experiences he's had.

He plays bass, guitar and some drums...even though he doesn't do much with the band anymore.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Drummer and lead vocalist. I've been in and out of the scene since I was 15, but not much recently. Have a couple people I jam with on occasion, but nothing formal at this point.

The high point came early on. We entered a battle of the bands when the oldest kid in our band was 16 (I was 15). The competition was all serious-minded adult bands, some real pro's, and we lapped the field, won every award. The problems of being a kid band started right after when we discovered that the grand prize, playing in a real club, was strictly off-limits because we were all too young to perform!

I won a couple vocal awards in college. Played in a few top-40 bands. Nothing big, though...the one constant is a love of music and performing. That'll never die...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,160 Times in 457 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Drummer and lead vocalist. I've been in and out of the scene since I was 15, but not much recently. Have a couple people I jam with on occasion, but nothing formal at this point.

The high point came early on. We entered a battle of the bands when the oldest kid in our band was 16 (I was 15). The competition was all serious-minded adult bands, some real pro's, and we lapped the field, won every award. The problems of being a kid band started right after when we discovered that the grand prize, playing in a real club, was strictly off-limits because we were all too young to perform!

I won a couple vocal awards in college. Played in a few top-40 bands. Nothing big, though...the one constant is a love of music and performing. That'll never die...
thats one thing i have never been able to do. I have played the drums for 30 plus years and i have never been able to sing while doing so. I have tryed to on several occasions only to have failed.
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
thats one thing i have never been able to do. I have played the drums for 30 plus years and i have never been able to sing while doing so. I have tryed to on several occasions only to have failed.
LOL....no way did I attempt to do both! I play the drums, but I have always been the lead vox in all the bands I've been in....JUST the lead vox.

I've played around in practice with it, and you have to have both down COLD, I mean forwards and backwards and able to sing/play in your sleep to pull it off. I think I was able to do it for like two songs, and both were very basic back beat 2/4 drum parts. Al the bands had a drummer so it was never necessary anyway.