Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #91
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Supa Steeler Journal

Wildcards
New England Patriots 24 - 37 San Diego Chargers
Green Bay Packers 20 - 34 Arizona Cardinals
Cincinnati Bengals 3 - 34 Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles 16 - 21 Dallas Cowboys

Bold Indicates Overtime

Divisional Rounds
Baltimore Ravens 24 - 31 Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys 33 - 36 New Orleans Saints
San Diego Chargers 16 - 34 New York Jets
Arizona Cardinals 13 - 35 Minnesota Vikings

Bold Indicates Overtime
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #92
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Predictions:
#2 New York Jets 17 vs 16 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 09 vs 23 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 17 vs 14 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 13 vs 24 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 27 vs 24 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 13 vs 23 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 10 vs 17 #1 Indianapolis Colts
#2 New York Jets 14 vs 10 #1 Indianapolis Colts

Prediction Overall Votes
#2 New York Jets 4 vs 4 #1 Indianapolis Colts

Overall Scoring Average Prediction
#2 New York Jets 15 vs 18 #1 Indianapolis Colts

Preview:
There is only one thing that is a certainty in today’s AFC Championship Game, there will be a first-year NFL coach leading one of the team’s in Super Bowl XLIV. Either the Indianapolis Colts’ Jim Caldwell or the New York Jets’ Rex Ryan will earn the opportunity to possibly become just the third coach in NFL history to win the Super Bowl in their rookie coaching season.

After that, its anyone’s guess how this game will play out.

The AFC Championship game pits two teams with extremely contrasting styles. The Colts are a pass-happy squad that plays with finesse on both sides of the ball. The Jets are a grind-it-out running squad that plays with a smash-mouth attitude for sixty minutes.

The Jets defense led the NFL by allowing just 189 yards passing per game during the regular season, stunting its opponents with a solid pass rush and terrific man-to-man pass coverage led by All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis. The Colts offense rated second in the NFL in passing offense despite comfortably winning many of its games during the regular season.

While the Manning to Reggie Wayne combination still rated as tops in the NFL, it was the emergence of newcomers Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon that defined their successful season. With an expected Revis-Wayne matchup leaning to the Jets, Collie and Garcon must step up in the spotlight to ensure the Colts success on offense.

Expect the Colts to come out on top. The difference maker will be the seen at the quarterback position. If the Colts can get out to an early lead and push the Jets to pass the ball, expect Mark Sanchez to finally show that he is a mistake-prone rookie and the Colts will cruise to victory.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #93
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

INACTIVES

FS Antoine Bethea
T Robert Diem
G Charlie Johnson

WR Braylon Edwards
G Alan Faneca
RB Thomas Jones
TE Dustin Keller
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #94
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

2009 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Game Report

New York Jets (11-5) at Indianapolis Colts (15-1)

Manning shreads #1 Defense, Propell Colts to second Super Bowl in four years

Pierre Garson got the only touchdown for the Colts but it was enough for the victory

Box Score
- 00- 10 - 00 - 07- 17

- 03- 10 - 03 - 03- 19

INDIANAPOLIS, IN—

It was over when...
With 3:48 left in the 4th Quarter and on first down Joseph Addai ran 24 yards for the first down, the Colts kept the drive alive and ran out the clock to gain their second super bowl birth in four years.

Game Ball
Peyton Manning burned the #1 pass and total defense with 408 yards and a touchdown. He threw 2 interceptions but his lone touchdown was what kept the Jets at bay. He now has seven career 300-yard games in the playoffs, passing Kurt Warner and Joe Montana for the most all-time.

Key Stat
During the first Quarter the Jets converted 6 of 8 third down conversions but ended up going 8 of 17.

Noteworthy
Joseph Addai carried the ball 21 times for 95 yards and made 8 receptions for 59 yards. His fumble was taken back for the touchdown but he wiped it out with a solid performence.

Story
INDIANAPOLIS -- This is perfect for the Indianapolis Colts: They have Peyton Manning and they're back in the Super Bowl.

The Jets (12-5) missed alot of their big time players and it didn't stop as Mark Sanchez and Donald Strickland got hurt at intervals.

The Colts (16-1) battled with a tough Jets defense for the better part of most of the game. Peyton Manning threw all over the Jets but only had 1 touchdown in 52 throws.

Twice the Three time MVP had to overcome a deficit and twice succeded.

The Colts (16-1) are now headed back to the NFL title game for the second time in four years and their fourth Super Bowl in franchise history.

"The Defense was real tough but we knew that if we kept throwing they would crack" Manning said.

And so it did as the Colts put up over 260 yards in the second half.

Earlier in Week 16 after pulling starters the Jets smashed the Colts 38-0 and gave them all the motivation heading into the Playoffs.

"We knew the game was going to be a 4th quarter battle, we just had to keep going and be patient and things would go our way"

The Colts uncharacteristically struggled to get first downs, and settled for field goals instead of scoring touchdowns throughout the entire game.

But as Peyton Manning told the reports they did crack as Pierre Garson caught a 4 yard reception and turned it into a 71 yard touchdown run.

As the Jets were forced to punt with just four minutes left Peyton Manning and the Colts did their thing and closed the game out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Jets at Colts.txt (10.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #95
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Photos from 2009 AFC Championship

Joseph Addai rushes for the first down

Darrell Revis collides with Reggie Wayne

Mark Sanchez looks to pass during the third quarter

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-18-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #96
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Predictions:
#2 Minnesota Vikings 31 - 24 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 31 - 17 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 17 - 30 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 20 - 47 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 34 - 27 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 31 - 38 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 31 - 28 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 31 - 34 #1 New Orleans Saints
#2 Minnesota Vikings 30 - 27 #1 New Orleans Saints

Prediction Overall Votes
#2 Minnesota Vikings 5 - 4 #1 New Orleans Saints

Overall Scoring Average Prediction
#2 Minnesota Vikings 28 - 30 #1 New Orleans Saints

Preview:
Following a close 33-36 overtime victory over the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC Divisional Playoffs, the New Orleans Saints (16-1) host the Minnesota Vikings (14-3) in the NFC Championship Game at the Louisiana Superdome on Sunday. It marks the first time in franchise history that the Saints have hosted a conference championship and the winner will move on to represent the NFC in Super Bowl XLIV on Sunday, February 7.

Minnesota enters Sunday’s contest following a 13-35 win over the Arizona Cardinals at Mall of America Field. The Vikings are powered by a potent offense powered by Kiln, Mississippi native Brett Favre and RB Chester Taylor. In the regular season, Brees and Favre were at or near the top in most NFL passing categories. The Vikings also feature a ferocious defense that was ranked in the top ten in the NFL in the regular season, top ten against the run, led by DE Jared Allen who had 22 sacks.

Minnesota has won four straight over New Orleans, averaging 33.3 points.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #97
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

INACTIVES

K John Carney

C John Wade

RB Adrian Peterson healthy and will be ready to play

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-18-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #98
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

2009 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Game Report

Minnesota Vikings (13-3) at New Orleans Saints (15-1)

Who Dat in Super Bowl XLIV? The Saints, dat's who

Garrett Hartley is hugged by his team-mates as he kicks the field goal as time expired

Box Score
- 07- 07 - 00 - 03- 17

- 07- 10 - 00 - 03- 20

NEW ORLEANS, LA—

It was over when...
Garrett Hartley nailed a 46 yard field goal as time expired to send the New Orleans Saints to it's first Super Bowl in Franchise History.

Game Ball
Drew Brees remained poised all game as he completed 70% of his passes 29/41 and threw for 322 yards. He wrecked carnage all day as he perfectly placed 2 touchdowns in the endzone.

Key Stat
The Saints kept the Vikings one dimensional all game with detaining Adrian Peterson to 45 yards on an average of 3.0 per carry. Both Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush fumbled inside the 20 yard line but the Saints still one.

Noteworthy
Reggie Bush returned a punt 24 yards and also ran a 28 yard run to the one yard line.

Story
NEW ORLEANS -- A 46-yard field goal with time expiring by a little-known kicker could become as famous as jambalaya in these parts.

The New Orleans Saints, a team with no home and an uncertain future five years ago, are heading for their first Super Bowl. By battering Brett Favre and beating the Minnesota Vikings 20-17 Sunday, they set off celebrations on Bourbon Street that locals never could have imagined in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

"This is for the people of New Orleans who struggled so badly these past years" said the NFC Champion Coach Sean Payton.

The Aints and Garrett Hartley brought them their first Super Bowl berth since the Franchise began in 1967.

They sure are not the Aints no more. There going to the Super Bowl.

The Game began with both teams scoring on both of their opening posessions and then they locked horns and it became a defensive struggle.

Brett Favre tossed a 68 yard touchdown to start the biggest game the big easy has ever seen.

"It was the loudest i have ever heard that dome" shouted Drew Brees as he began celebrating after putting on a Quarterback Hall of Fame Calibre performence.

The Saints (17-1) will meet Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts (17-1) in the Super Bowl in two weeks in Miami. The Colts opened as 4-point favorites.

Notes: The crowd of 71,276 was the largest in the Superdome for a Saints game. ... Favre finished 20 of 32 for 256 yards. Brees went 29 of 41 for 322 yards and two TDs.

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-19-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #99
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Photos from 2009 NFC Championship

Adrian Peterson bursts through the gap for a 13 yard gain

Phil Loadholt shows his pure power

Brett Favre winces in pain after being taken to the ground

Pierre Thomas shows his athletic ability

Reggie Bush fumbles in a critical spot

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-18-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #100
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Super Bowl XLIV Media Day

Reggie Bush Transcript

On the advantages of using a lot of motions on offense:

“It gives us an advantage to the extent that it is hard for defenses to key in on one person because we are constantly moving guys around, we are shifting, motioning. It can create confusion for defenses when you do that. Tampa Bay Buccaneers were one of the greatest shifting, motioning teams when (Jon) Gruden was (head coach). They created a lot of confusion. I feel like we are kind of similar to that. We create a lot of confusion with our offense and the formations that we run.”

On whether the pictures of him leaving a night club sent a bad message:

“It’s funny because that picture was actually of us walking into the club. They say that we were (leaving the club) at 3:30 am, but the picture they showed was us walking in to the club. That is the way it is. You are under the microscope. Sometimes things get twisted and stories get twisted. People are going to paint it the way they want to paint it.”

On not being the focal point of the offense:

“When I was at USC, I was not ‘the guy.’ I think I got a lot of attention. The athletes that we had at USC, we had Lendale (White), me, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith and obviously (Matt) Leinart, we had some really good players. I wasn’t ‘the guy,’ but I got a lot of attention because of the big plays that I had and the big games that I had. That was a similar style offense as the one I’m playing in now, here with the Saints.”

On whether he is used to all the attention to his relationship:

“Yes. Right now we are used to it. Going into this Super Bowl there are over 7,000 different media outlets down here. Somebody’s going to see me, somewhere. Yesterday we (Kim Kardashian) were at a restaurant and I saw half of the reporters from New Orleans in the restaurant. It is what it is.”

On what type of music he listens to during pregame:

“I love music and it helps me focus a little more. I like to play songs that get me pumped up. I don’t narrow it down to one style of music. I listen to rock n’ roll, rap and a little r&b. I even throw some old school rock in there with some Bon Jovi. I’m a little everywhere.”

Sedrick Ellis Transcript

On how to defend Colts QB Peyton Manning:

“The most important thing is to understand what kind of player Peyton Manning is. Even if you get back there scott free, instead of taking a sack, he’ll go down himself. There are a lot of different factors to consider when trying to take down a quarterback. From the outside looking in, sacks are the most important thing or the most important stat in disrupting a quarterback, but there are a lot of other factors that go in it too, like batting balls, reads, not letting him get two or three reads and being able to put the ball where he wants it. All that factors in to being a good defense.”

On playing against a Hall of Fame quarterback:

]“Just as much as he’s been in this league, he’s human just like everybody else. He makes mistakes just like everyone else, he gets hit, it hurts just like everybody else. We played two Hall of Fame quarterbacks in this playoff stretch. That was my first time on the field with Brett Favre and after the first two minutes of the ‘Wow, I’m playing against Brett Favre,’ it kind of goes away. It’s a motivation factor. If I could sack Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, or Kurt Warner, those are the things you wish your whole life.”

On making it to the Super Bowl during Ellis’s second season:

“A lot of guys go their whole career and never make it. I’m really lucky. We have so many older guys on this team that have played, 10, 12, 13 years in this league and this is their first time getting to the Super Bowl. I’m definitely privileged. You look at these older guys, they don’t let you forget that you may not get back here. We have a coach, Joe Vitt, he’s been a coach in this league for 30-something years and this is his first time going to the Super Bowl. You understand that? When you look at it from that perspective, when you’re a young player, it’s about looking at it from this point. They are not going to have another chance. I may, or I may not, but a lot of these guys will never have another chance.”