Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Unhappy 11 people greeted the Colts at the airport today

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...RTS03/2090305/

The end of the Indianapolis Colts' season came down to 11 people.

Zoom Colts players exit the plane at Indianapolis International Airport Monday afternoon after returning from Sunday's 31-17 loss to New Orleans in the Super Bowl in Miami. - Charlie Nye / The Star

Not the 11 players on the field during the Super Bowl, but the 11 who showed up at Indianapolis International Airport on a cold, snowbound Monday afternoon, when the team returned following their 31-17 defeat Sunday by the New Orleans Saints at Super Bowl XLIV in Miami.
"Win or lose, they're still our team," said Brownsburg resident Karen Calhoun, who carried a "Where's the parade" sign.
The small group huddled together in the snow outside the closed Express Mail sorting facility at the airport, where the Colts' planes arrived around 4 p.m. Monday -- a Boeing 757 for the official party and an Airbus 330 for the team.
Each plane's arrival was little different than the arrival of a scheduled flight at the main terminal across the airfield. The planes rolled onto the ramp, and the passengers trudged down air stairs and onto waiting buses, while crews unloaded equipment into rental trucks.
The buses left the ramp without a word from anyone on the team. The closest any of the 11 fans got to the Colts was the other side of a security fence several hundred feet away.
Despite the subdued, isolated arrival, the few who watched from a distance were still enthusiastic about their team.
"We wanted to show our civil pride," said Paul Calhoun, Karen Calhoun's husband, who wore a No. 33 jersey, the number worn by defensive back Melvin Bullitt, who made five tackles on Sunday.
"We still beat out 30 other teams," added Marilyn Kurek, Lebanon, who wore a Colts cap and scarf to fend off the 27-degree chill.
Enthusiasm for the team, in spite of the loss, also was shown by Greenwood resident Ceara Robertson, who wore a handmade "I love Pierre" shirt and carried a sign to show she's a fan of wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who caught five passes in the Super Bowl, including the Colts' only touchdown pass of the game.
"He is the most amazingest player and has such grace on the field," Robertson said.
By the time the last buses had left the ramp, the few fans had already walked back to their cars and headed to someplace warm, to wait for the next season.

I would certainly hope that if we should lose another Superbowl, that Steelers fans would give the team a better welcome home than that. What a bunch of bandwagoners.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: 11 people greeted the Colts at the airport today

Sad thing is, it was probably one family. The Steelers fans would have showed by the hundreds for sure no matter the loss. Thats embarrassing.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Seriously wow, if the steelers lost they would certainly get a better welcome home then that, sounds like a bunch of bandwagoners and not true fans for sure.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Kudos to the eleven people who took the time out to greet the team. But wow.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Didn't they also have, like ... 10,000 people at their Super Bowl victory parade, compared with half a million for us? Colts suck and so do their fans.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,710 Times in 2,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Kudos to the eleven people who took the time out to greet the team. But wow.
if i was in the colts PR dept, i think i would track down those 11 people and invite them to a private luch with the team at next years camp. sounds like they didnt even get to cheer the guys or snap some photos.

colts owe em that much atleast.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Send the Colts back to Baltimore!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

pathetic to say the least considering al i heard last week was how bad the colts wre gonna beat the saints.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

The Saints had enough people to fill the Superdome:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...eet_new_o.html
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Sad thing is, it was probably one family. The Steelers fans would have showed by the hundreds for sure no matter the loss. Thats embarrassing.
Browns fans as well, in fact back in the day, after Byner coughed up the ball, there was mass of people to greet them at the airport. It's on youtube somewhere, I'll edit my post later to include it.

Same with the Tribe back in '95 and '97.