Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814
Default Latest Drafttek Simulaton

Latest out of the Drafttek Online Draft Simulator :

1 18 Pittsburgh Mike Iupati OG Idaho P3 +3 Value

2 52 Pittsburgh Dominique Franks CB Oklahoma P3 +11 Value

3 82 Pittsburgh Anthony Dixon RBF Mississippi State P4 +17 Value

4 113 Pittsburgh Major Wright FS Florida P3 +5 Value

5 147 Pittsburgh Torrell Troup DT34 Central Florida P3 +8 Value

6 178 Pittsburgh Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut P3 +17 Value

7 209 Pittsburgh Richard Dickson FB LSU P3 +9 Value

Not a huge fan of a RB in the third. Simulator picked him based on what it saw as great value. Also doubt that Troup is available in the mid 5th. If you switch Troup into 3rd and pick BPA at RB in the 5th, this looks pretty good to me. Could use an ILB in there once comp picks are entered in the system.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Latest Drafttek Simulaton

wasn't dickson a TE ? i'd rather they picked up someone who actually played fullback. whats wrong with letting a fullback play fullback, and a TE play at TE ?
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

I dont like the whole fact of an OG in the first....we have some decent ones...and Urbik in the wings...if any OL in the first why not a stud tackle...or a DB/ILB in the first and that Pouncey in the 2nd (if they feel Legursky isnt the C of the future).
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
I dont like the whole fact of an OG in the first....we have some decent ones...and Urbik in the wings...if any OL in the first why not a stud tackle...or a DB/ILB in the first and that Pouncey in the 2nd (if they feel Legursky isnt the C of the future).

Couple notes:
  • I put the OG priority slightly over the OT priority since it seems the team is pretty pleased with Colon and Starks. RG is still a competition in my opinion. Urbik is a question mark to me. Iupati was rated #15 on the big board and was picked at a position of need as coded (P3).

• OT, DB and ILB weren't picked based on value as compared to the priority codes used for input. Next DB on the board was McCourty who's ranked #25 so the simulator sees that as a reach. Same deal at ILB with Spikes rated #39, Weatherspoon rated #37. For OT you have Campbell at #27, Brown at #31
  • can't check while I'm at work (blocked) but I believe Pouncey is long gone before our 2nd rounder. (this is a whole league simulator) He tends to go right at the beginning of the 2nd.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
wasn't dickson a TE ? i'd rather they picked up someone who actually played fullback. whats wrong with letting a fullback play fullback, and a TE play at TE ?
You are correct and I agree. One tweener is good enough for me at TE. Don't need a whole squad of them. One thing for using a college TE is they might have better hands than a FB might for catching passes. The simulation doesn't discern between types of guys who might play FB however so you get what you get. For a 7th rounder he's still a decent prospect I think.

Here's a little research, seems like a good kid:

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players...d-Dickson.html
dickson_richard

School: LSU
Position: FB
Class: 2010 Big Board
Year: Senior
Hometown: Ocean Springs, MS
Date of Birth: 11.17.87
Height: 6025
Weight: 245
40 T: 4.76
Projection: 7th Round
Ordering: 1051

SCOUT'S TAKE

Skinny: Dickson is an exceptional blocker with great hands and speed. He is great route runner with a high football IQ, and has a chance to break every tight end receiving record at LSU in 2009. He caught 31 passes for 324 yards and five touchdowns in 2008. He was third on the team in receptions and yards, and second on the team in touchdown catches. He only went one game in 2008 without a catch, which happened to be a blowout against North Texas. With the school tight end receiving records in his sights, he should have a breakout year in 2009.

Our View: If Dickson wasn’t only 6-2 240 pounds he would be higher on the list, because he does everything well for a tight end, he is a good blocker and a good receiver who had 31 catches for 324 yards and 4 touchdowns last season. Despite his size he has shown the ability to block defensive linemen and can get down the field as a receiver. He isn’t a blazer, but has good enough speed for a tight end, and might end up moving to an H-Back position or FB at the next level.

NEWS

East-West Shrine Game: Richard Dickson (LSU FB) is an under appreciated player on the East squad. He’s a solid checkdown receiver with sure hands. Dickson is a willing blocker that works hard on his craft. – Draft Guys (01.20.10)

East-West Shrine Game: Richard Dickson (LSU FB) Dickson is not a traditional fullback, but more of an H-Back type and showed good hands on short passes out of the backfield. – Draft Guys (01.19.10)

East-West Shrine Game: Richard Dickson (LSU FB) was used a lot as a checkdown receiver on rollout passes today. His hands were solid, but he fails to do much after the catch. – Draft Guys (01.18.10)

VITALS

Honor Roll: Named to the Second-Team All-SEC and SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2008. He was also named to the Second-Team All-SEC in 2006 as a freshman, while gaining honorable mention Freshman All-American honors from The Sporting News.

High School: Dickson attended Ocean Springs High School in his Mississippi hometown. He played both tight end and defensive end and was the only player from Mississippi to participate in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He caught 39 passes for 523 yards and five touchdowns in 2005, while earning All-State honors on defense. He led his team to a 2004 Class 5A championship appearance with 92 tackles, 15 sacks, and three interceptions on defense, and 23 receptions for 399 yards and six touchdowns on offense.

Personal: Dickson’s favorite hobbies are hunting and fishing. His dad played football at Mississippi State and his grandfather played at Ole Miss. He is majoring in business.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

first pick blows we can get earl thomas a stud to be.

I still think we can get some awesome offensive lineman in the 3rd and 4th round, Sergio Render from VT was s awesome this season as a hokie. Id hope we have a shot at drafting him.

I though Major Wright was a 2-3rd round pick no???
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
first pick blows we can get earl thomas a stud to be.

I still think we can get some awesome offensive lineman in the 3rd and 4th round, Sergio Render from VT was s awesome this season as a hokie. Id hope we have a shot at drafting him.

I though Major Wright was a 2-3rd round pick no???
Earl Thomas went to Giants at #15 so he wasn't available in the simulation. Sorry if that blows. Same thing might happen in the real draft.

Some rankings for Wright:

nfldraftbible: 4th round, 155 overall
walterfootball: 3-4th round
cbssportsline/nfldraftscout: 3rd round, 101 overall
sidelineschouting: 3rd round
drafttek, 108 overall
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

If Thomas is not there then I have no problem with that pick but hopefully he will be there.