Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Vick regrets being 'somewhat lazy' with Falcons

Michael Vick likely will always be known for his seemingly unlimited potential. Now, after the QB resumed his career with the Eagles following his incarceration, Vick stunningly admitted that he didn’t work as hard as he could have during his time with the Falcons (2001-06).

Vick joined “Mayhem in the AM” on 790 the Zone in Atlanta on Wednesday (via Sports Radio Interviews) and revealed that he never truly gave 100 percent as a Falcon. While some might have wondered it, Vick’s acknowledgment that he was “somewhat lazy” is somewhat staggering.

“I think if I woulda applied myself,” Vick said, “there was a lot more I could have done off the field and also in the film room that could have elevated my game to a totally different level. I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I kinda settled for mediocrity.”

Vick did have many accomplishments with the Falcons, including leading the first visiting team to win a playoff game at Lambeau Field in 2002. But all of that pales in comparison to what could have been. That’s something Vick said he must live with now.

“Just imagine what I could’ve been doing if I really would have been applying myself,” Vick said. “That’s a regret that I have.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/10/vick...ty-in-atlanta/
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Vick regrets being 'somewhat lazy' with Falcons

Since he still wouldn't be able to read a defense of throw an accurate ball, I can only take this to mean maybe he would have run for more yards.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

He looked pretty well throwing wise when he was at Philadelphia
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Vick did look good throwing the ball on the rare occasions with the Eagles. He was accurate, didn't look to run, preformed well in the pocket. But no one will take Vick as a true quarterback. WildCat offenses didn't really start popping up in the NFL again until right after Vick went to jail. Wildcat has become a big thing now and he could be going to a team that looks to do that a lot. My guess is Miami if the Fins don't pick up Teblow or Cleveland since they just lost Cribbs.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
smokin3000gt

Member Number:

What a surprise.

"I get paid millions to play a GAME, but .... ehh... how 'bout I play just a little?"
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Vick did look good throwing the ball on the rare occasions with the Eagles. He was accurate, didn't look to run, preformed well in the pocket. But no one will take Vick as a true quarterback. WildCat offenses didn't really start popping up in the NFL again until right after Vick went to jail. Wildcat has become a big thing now and he could be going to a team that looks to do that a lot. My guess is Miami if the Fins don't pick up Teblow or Cleveland since they just lost Cribbs.
How did Cleveland just lose Cribbs? He is still under contract for a few more years with them. He is saying he won't play, but I doubt he is going to want to lose all that money from being fines for missing mandatory camps, training camp, and games. He will play for Cleveland, even if he doesn't get a new deal.

As for Vick, he's a garbage QB. Always was, always will be.

He was not very accurate in Philly. He was 6/13, a 46.2 percentage. He has never been a very accurate QB in his career. The only reason he had such a high QB rating was because he threw 1 TD an 0 INT's in his 13 pass attempts.

If any team takes him and lets him compete for a legitimate QB starting job, they are fools. He's no more than a third string QB.

He isn't even that good of a Wildcat offense player. His best runs in his career weren't designed for him to run. He could never read a defense and couldn't ever look past his second passing option, so he would take off to run.

Michael Vick, possibly the most overrated player in NFL history.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
Steeldude
Living Legend

are people surpised by this?

also, vick was always a horrible QB. just another kordell.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 AM   #8
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
How did Cleveland just lose Cribbs? He is still under contract for a few more years with them. He is saying he won't play, but I doubt he is going to want to lose all that money from being fines for missing mandatory camps, training camp, and games. He will play for Cleveland, even if he doesn't get a new deal.

As for Vick, he's a garbage QB. Always was, always will be.

He was not very accurate in Philly. He was 6/13, a 46.2 percentage. He has never been a very accurate QB in his career. The only reason he had such a high QB rating was because he threw 1 TD an 0 INT's in his 13 pass attempts.

If any team takes him and lets him compete for a legitimate QB starting job, they are fools. He's no more than a third string QB.

He isn't even that good of a Wildcat offense player. His best runs in his career weren't designed for him to run. He could never read a defense and couldn't ever look past his second passing option, so he would take off to run.

Michael Vick, possibly the most overrated player in NFL history.
I didn't know, sorry ... no reason to flip out about it. I haven't looked into it since the season ended, I just assumed he already found a team that would trade for him and give him a better contract.

Every player has some potential, if you just say "thats it he isn't getting any better" then why should players have any time to even progress or why do coaches even sign bad players. Vick never had propper coaching or a propper system to work in. In atlanta he had one of the worst offensive lines I ever saw, he had to run a lot of the time. If anything when he had to run, he still stayed behind the LOS to try and make some type of throw. That shows some potential that he's actually looking down field for a play. If a team takes a chance with him, they'll look to coach him in reading the defense better. Will that happen? I don't know... But I still see teams using him in the Wild Cat, Eagles did, and he was pretty decent at it.

Vick will not be a 3rd string quarterback anywhere, or even a 2nd string quarterback who never gets in the game, he'll cost way too much to be kept on the sidelines. He wants 2-4 million. Backups make less than 850K

Last edited by lionslicer; 02-11-2010 at 05:30 AM.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Michael Vick likely will always be known for his seemingly unlimited potential. Now, after the QB resumed his career with the Eagles following his incarceration, Vick stunningly admitted that he didn’t work as hard as he could have during his time with the Falcons (2001-06).
Was it STUNNING that he admitted it? Or was it STUNNING that he didn't work hard?

I said it before...he is a below average QB at best----the stats are there for all to see

Here's a comparison of Vick and Ryan
http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/...5&postcount=51
Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14891

That is the beauty of "if and buts", you can say what you want because you can't be proven wrong.

Being a great QB requires work on and off the field so you can't say "if you would have done it you'd be great". If you didn't do it, you're NOT great. PERIOD.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote