Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Newly Released Aerial Images of Twin Towers 9/11 Attack...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...eased-18068997

Unless you've been to Manhatten, the scale probably won't resonate, but this is incredible stuff...
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Newly Released Aerial Images of Twin Towers 9/11 Attack...

Thanks for posting, revs. Every chance I get, I ingrain those images in my brain. I don't ever want to forget what that day felt like. Never, ever forget.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Staggering.

I always wondered why they didn't try to do any sort of rooftop rescue that day? Even if the towers hadn't collapsed, anyone on the floors above the impact area would have been dead saving a rescue from above right?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Gosh that was awesome, but eerie.

I'll never forget that horrific day and the sheer anger I still feel every time I read a reference to or see photos of 911.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11
http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...estion-737717/

Islam from a German's View

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. This is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist:

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun. Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Martin Nemoeller, a decorated U-Boat Captain, first supported Hitler’s rise to power. He learned his lesson too late. Here is what he said:

“They came first for the communists, and I did not speak up because I was not a communist; And, then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up because I was not a trade unionist; And, then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew."

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

So what you're saying is Obamalord as the war-monger has now got control of the Generals, saying "Global Warming is our #1 National Security threat.'

Find a bunker, that's what I say - - - with a moat ,if you can afford it.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Not seeing it.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Thanks for the vid...too many people have put the emotions of that day on the backburner.

I still think one of the biggest travesties (outside of the actual attack) was that there has still been nothing done to rebuild the area. It should have been rebuilt within a year or two...and it shouldn't be some kind of tribute building, it should be the towers themselves. Nothing would show that the American people are truly resilient and unafraid of those bastards than quickly rebuilding that site. It's a slap in the face to those who lost friends and family member as well that nothing has been done there.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

I'll never forget where I was that day, I know exactly what I was doing at that moment the first plane struck. Horrible.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote