Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: Newly Released Aerial Images of Twin Towers 9/11 Attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Thanks for the vid...too many people have put the emotions of that day on the backburner.

I still think one of the biggest travesties (outside of the actual attack) was that there has still been nothing done to rebuild the area. It should have been rebuilt within a year or two...and it shouldn't be some kind of tribute building, it should be the towers themselves. Nothing would show that the American people are truly resilient and unafraid of those bastards than quickly rebuilding that site. It's a slap in the face to those who lost friends and family member as well that nothing has been done there.
I think an appropriate monument would be to replicate each of the towers in the charred craters that were previously mecca and medina.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

that day changed the world forever. i saw this documentary the other day. very powerful.

titled "The Falling Man". parts will make you speechless.
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
that day changed the world forever. i saw this documentary the other day. very powerful.

Thank you for posting that. That was well done and indeed powerful. The sister at the end had some amazingly insightful things to say. "I hope we're not trying to find out who he is, but who we are." Wow.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
urgle burgle
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
Thank you for posting that. That was well done and indeed powerful. The sister at the end had some amazingly insightful things to say. "I hope we're not trying to find out who he is, but who we are." Wow.

your welcome. i just happened on it while i was finding some "seconds to disaster" episodes on youtube. the quote you mentioned puts it the best, i think. it wasnt so much about finding out who that specific person was, but TO find out who we are, and to not forget the horror of the day. not just remember the heroics. especially in the times we now live in, which were shaped by that day.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,088 Times in 4,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Staggering.

I always wondered why they didn't try to do any sort of rooftop rescue that day? Even if the towers hadn't collapsed, anyone on the floors above the impact area would have been dead saving a rescue from above right?
like the link urgle posts below says, all the access doors to the roof were locked and the helicopter coulsnt approach anyways due to the smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post

thanks for the link. i have seen this one but only once. i had to watch all the coverage from work on a fuzzy old 13" blackk and white television.

when i got home, i popped in a vhs and recorded for the rest of the evening. i got about 2 tapes full of the live coverage, and about 3-4 other documentaries (from discovery and the learning chanel) recorded.

but not this one. last year on the anniversary, one of the news chanels replayed all of the live coverage (i think it was msnbc) called "120 minutes", and i finally got all the live footage on DVR in color.

the best documetary i have is of the 2 french brothers, who happened to be documenting the life of an NYC firehouse on the day it happened. (i wanna say it was with firehouse 19). they actually rode along, and even got film from inside, before the towes fell.

i would say it is the best documentary ever, especially for anyone who imagines what it must have been like there on that day (footage is captured where you can hear the bodies hitting outside, and of one of the brothers running out of the building, trying to escape as it collapses).

while i have only watched it 3 times, i recorded it because i knew if i ever had i child i would want it available for them to wach if they ever desired when they were older.

its like having footage aboard the USS arizona when japan struck pear harbor. i saved this link because i feel it is so important to remember.

it kinda strikes me as odd that it took so long for these stunning new arial images to be released. what is that all about?
Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #16
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,653 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

That still sends chills down my spine.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
urgle burgle
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
like the link urgle posts below says, all the access doors to the roof were locked and the helicopter coulsnt approach anyways due to the smoke.

thanks for the link. i have seen this one but only once. i had to watch all the coverage from work on a fuzzy old 13" blackk and white television.

when i got home, i popped in a vhs and recorded for the rest of the evening. i got about 2 tapes full of the live coverage, and about 3-4 other documentaries (from discovery and the learning chanel) recorded.

but not this one. last year on the anniversary, one of the news chanels replayed all of the live coverage (i think it was msnbc) called "120 minutes", and i finally got all the live footage on DVR in color.

the best documetary i have is of the 2 french brothers, who happened to be documenting the life of an NYC firehouse on the day it happened. (i wanna say it was with firehouse 19). they actually rode along, and even got film from inside, before the towes fell.

i would say it is the best documentary ever, especially for anyone who imagines what it must have been like there on that day (footage is captured where you can hear the bodies hitting outside, and of one of the brothers running out of the building, trying to escape as it collapses).

while i have only watched it 3 times, i recorded it because i knew if i ever had i child i would want it available for them to wach if they ever desired when they were older.

its like having footage aboard the USS arizona when japan struck pear harbor. i saved this link because i feel it is so important to remember.

it kinda strikes me as odd that it took so long for these stunning new arial images to be released. what is that all about?
from what ive gleaned, they were being held all this time as evidence and intell, and someone finally did a freedom of informatin act on them.
i will forever remember this day. i was in Korea, and we had an alert that morning (as we do every month), i was acting Plt. Sgt. that day, and one of my squad leaders didnt get back til about midnight. we were 14 hours ahead of the East Coast. i left a note for him to wake me up when he got back, so i had 100% accountability. he comes running in, and says "dude you gotta see this.." and turns on the TV. i see the first tower on fire...as we are watching, and the understanding was not yet this was an attack, i watch the second tower get hit.
my mom then calls and is worried and asks if im allright and whats going on here. we dont have any addtional alerts until the next morning. the funny thing, we lock the base down, start doing patrols and security, but still do not issue live rounds at this point. its not until a few days later live rounds are issued. and we were on the Western Corridor, i could see North Korea from my barracks. funny that....

and tony, i saw the documentary you are talking about...very good one.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #18
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

WE WILL NEVER FORGET !

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,088 Times in 4,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
WE WILL NEVER FORGET !
im sure everyone remembers father judge, the fireman chaplain who was killed at the scene (i beleive he was there giving last rights to the fallen).

this is the inside footage of the firemen who survived the collapse from the documentary i was talking about. very scary. it is amazing anyone got out. they are the ones who discovered (caught on tape) the father had been killed. if anyone hasnt seen this entire show or the one urgle posted above, they are must see...
[YOUTUBE]ux49uMHDO84[/YOUTUBE]
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,653 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im sure everyone remembers father judge, the fireman chaplain who was killed at the scene (i beleive he was there giving last rights to the fallen).

this is the inside footage of the firemen who survived the collapse from the documentary i was talking about. very scary. it is amazing anyone got out. they are the ones who discovered (caught on tape) the father had been killed. if anyone hasnt seen this entire show or the one urgle posted above, they are must see...
[YOUTUBE]ux49uMHDO84[/YOUTUBE]
That is totally amazing. Thanks for sharing Tony all I can say is wow!!