Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #11
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Re: Bruce Campbell

sadly i think at some point we are gona have to pick big uglies in the 1st and 2nd if the boss man wants to run it but i agree id like to see what hills urbik & legursky can do

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
sadly i think at some point we are gona have to pick big uglies in the 1st and 2nd if the boss man wants to run it but i agree id like to see what hills urbik & legursky can do
We have enough big uglies to run the ball effectively. And I think that if Kugler is even a little bit better than z-tool, with another year together we can run the ball. We just weren't focused on it last year. I think what the Boss is saying is put a full back out there and pound the rock. We have the horses to do that.

We need to restock the middle of the D right now.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Why do we have Tony Hills? Same size. A little lighter
i doubt he stays on the team after roster cuts.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,323 Posts

I love the posters on this board that dont want to select an OT, mostly because they like the "skill positions" better.

If you think surrounding Ben with an offensive line comprised of a bunch of late round draft picks is a good plan.......then you better not complain on mondays when he gets sacked 4-6 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,936 Times in 1,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I love the posters on this board that dont want to select an OT, mostly because they like the "skill positions" better.

If you think surrounding Ben with an offensive line comprised of a bunch of late round draft picks is a good plan.......then you better not complain on mondays when he gets sacked 4-6 times.
no doubt ...and when mendenhall gets dropped for a loss on third and one...remember that you thought they didn't need linemen.
as for the "we just drafted urbik and hills crowd" , well they just drafted lewis and burnett as well... the difference is those guys were able to get a few gameday uni's, unlike urbik and hills.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #16
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
no doubt ...and when mendenhall gets dropped for a loss on third and one...remember that you thought they didn't need linemen.
as for the "we just drafted urbik and hills crowd" , well they just drafted lewis and burnett as well... the difference is those guys were able to get a few gameday uni's, unlike urbik and hills.
So true.

I'm gonna really enjoy the combine drills with the O line. Bulaga to me is technically solid, but just doesnt look to move well enough to be a LT, but the mirror drill and drop and protect will show if I am just dreaming about that.

Campbell would likely be the top rated OT if he stayed in for another year. Kind of like how many were ranking Okung as a 2nd round pick if he came out as a junior, now he's a top 5 pick. I think Campbell could be a real value in the draft.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
So true.

I'm gonna really enjoy the combine drills with the O line. Bulaga to me is technically solid, but just doesnt look to move well enough to be a LT, but the mirror drill and drop and protect will show if I am just dreaming about that.

Campbell would likely be the top rated OT if he stayed in for another year. Kind of like how many were ranking Okung as a 2nd round pick if he came out as a junior, now he's a top 5 pick. I think Campbell could be a real value in the draft.
well as i've predicted several times , after the combine he'll be in everyones top 10. jason smith was hardly on top 10 radar until after the combine. infact in november nobody even had him in the first round.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #18
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

[QUOTE=Vincent;771127 I think what the Boss is saying is put a full back out there and pound the rock. We have the horses to do that./QUOTE]

I totally agree with this statement. BA came in and said we don't need a stud FB and our ground game has been grounded. i don't have a problem with the number of rushing attempts, but putting a couple of TEs and HBs in the FB position and thinking they are going to give you Krieder blocking is a pipe dream.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #19
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

[YOUTUBE]AglSpWWkGbE[/YOUTUBE]

Ouch...
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

how exactly does a video of orakpo fit into a thread about bruce campbell ?