Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #21
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: Bruce Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
how exactly does a video of orakpo fit into a thread about bruce campbell ?
I think he's trying to point out the need for a top LT. That clip was preseason against Tony Hills, who did stop him. Orakpo was talked up by the announcers but wasn't a factor in the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore...id=20090822028

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #22
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I'm still sticking with Earl Thomas as my 1st rounder, but if he is gone and Campbell, Bulaga, or Williams is there that would be my pick.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #23
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

[QUOTE=Vincent;771273]I think he's trying to point out the need for a top LT. That clip was preseason against Tony Hills, who did stop him. QUOTE]

Maybe "briefly occupied him" would be a better way of putting it. Looked more like a rabbit versus a Rottweiler to me.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,377 Posts

[QUOTE=Steely McSmash;771306]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I think he's trying to point out the need for a top LT. That clip was preseason against Tony Hills, who did stop him. QUOTE]

Maybe "briefly occupied him" would be a better way of putting it. Looked more like a rabbit versus a Rottweiler to me.
yup...hills ended up on the ground. obviously that was a quick throw to the right. had that been a deep drop, orakpo woulda been hounding ben

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,028 Times in 1,275 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I'm still sticking with Earl Thomas as my 1st rounder, but if he is gone and Campbell, Bulaga, or Williams is there that would be my pick.
Oh hell yea that is my thoughts as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson;771244[b
]I love the posters on this board that dont want to select an OT, mostly because they like the "skill positions" better.[/b]

If you think surrounding Ben with an offensive line comprised of a bunch of late round draft picks is a good plan.......then you better not complain on mondays when he gets sacked 4-6 times.
Swing....and a miss.

Since when does offensive tackle mean the enitre line?

Starks got a 4 year, 20+ million deal and played good, albeit not great, last season and has shown steady improvement. Colon is our best lineman and doesn't get the credit that he deserves.

Now you want to throw another LT like Campbell into the mix? How is that going to play out? I know you weren't directing it specifically my way, but I've said that I'm fine with upgrading RG (A must IMO) and C (Should the opportunity arise).

It's not about getting caught up in flashy players. It's about realizing that when someone says we need offensive line help, it doesn't mean anywhere on the line. Cleveland needs a lot of help, but you won't see them going after a LT or C.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

if i had the oppurtunity to ask tomlin just one question, it would be ...has colon ,or have you ever considered trying colon at guard. ...but anyway, from what i've read, colons agent seems to think he's one of the top RT's in the league so who knows what it would cost to keep him beyond this year. starks only got 10 mill in guaranteed money so after this year they could get rid of him if it goes uncapped.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #28
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Why get rid of Starks? He played well this year. Again, not great, but I think he made a lot of improvements. And the team has to like him to some extent otherwise they would have kept the tag on him if they weren't comfortable in locking him up long-temr.

That's still at least $5 million in dead money anyway.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #29
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
Why get rid of Starks? He played well this year. Again, not great, but I think he made a lot of improvements. And the team has to like him to some extent otherwise they would have kept the tag on him if they weren't comfortable in locking him up long-temr.

when you say starks played well are you basing that off of this team or out of all the tasckles in the league.. we need a lineman in the first round...yea our line isnt as bad as everyone thinks but the fact is its not close to the top either...when you have a team like ours with major offensive weapons we need to get good lineman to make sure they utilize all our weapons
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #30
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post

they gave him the contract to free up 3 mill which they used to extend miller. the reason the steelers had to pay an average linemen like he was a top 5 guy was because they haven't tried to upgrade the line for several years. they painted themselves into a corner and gave starks the upper hand in negotiations. should they do the same with colon ?
steelers top 10 cap hits for 2010...( if there is a cap)
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2009/12...hits-for-2010/