Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #61
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323
Default Re: Bruce Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
Lookie there, another person assuming I've said that the line is fine.

Lookie there, another person who'd be wrong.
Lookie there, another person that thinks this thread is all about them. It's not, it's about a OT that I think would be a very good pick. If he is available. These are my thoughts on the subject, which like it or not, is just as valid as yours.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:40 AM   #62
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I just want my intentions of what to do with the line to be clear. It still seems like not everyone is understanding my point. That comment was clearly shot towards my direction with the sarcastic "dummies like me" line, even if the OP didn't outright say it.
There are several people that oppose taking an O-lineman. I am only supposing that you have read a few yourself. When I have something to say to you, I will say it to you, but will try to be more respectful than you have been.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #63
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Quote:
I just want my intentions of what to do with the line to be clear. It still seems like not everyone is understanding my point. That comment was clearly shot towards my direction with the sarcastic "dummies like me" line, even if the OP didn't outright say it.
I think everyone knows that you want us to get a great RG and a C and so on...you've said it enough times we get the point, just because we dont agree with you does not mean you need to keep saying it and get nasty with everyone...thats just ridiculous, act like an adult, not some 12 year old.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #64
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,323 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Kendall Simmons, the last lineman we've taken in the first round, started 14 games for us. That wasn't because of injury, correct? And guys like Faneca and Leon Stearcy each started the next year after they were drafted.

Like I said in an earlier post, if Colon leaves, that likely means that he played his way OUT of a big contract. I'm not rooting for him to fail. Nor do I want to keep my 1st round pick on the bench for three years. Even though we're known for letting our rookies sit back and develop, I don't want to wait that long.

Foster, Legursky, and Urbik aren't strong options for me. More swingmen or plain bad players. I'm not going to let a mid-round pick and two UDFAs deter me from taking a potentially great RG or C if I have the chance to do so.
Kendall Simmons started in his rookie year because starting guard Rich Tylski had a season ending injury.

If Colon leaves, its likely because somebody else is willing to pay more for his services than the Steelers will. See John Jackson, Leon Searcy, Alan Faneca, Wayne Gandy, etc.....for similar situation.

You want to get a potentially great Guard or C in the 2nd..........yet you dispell the notion of drafting a blue chip OT in this thread because of "reports you have read"??? Nice work.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #65
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,323 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
I think everyone knows that you want us to get a great RG and a C and so on...you've said it enough times we get the point, just because we dont agree with you does not mean you need to keep saying it and get nasty with everyone...thats just ridiculous, act like an adult, not some 12 year old.
Chill out 7willBheaven.......12 year old is a bit harsh. I'm guessing 18. That would explain not knowing that Kendall Simmons didnt start his rookie year based only on merit, but rather injury.

To end my thoughts on this. I am not particularly in the Bruce Campbell corner, but think the kid could be a special OT in this league. If there is a top LT prospect at #18 or a top CB prospect, I have no problem if the Steelers pull the trigger on them. Both are important positions in the NFL and could improve the Steelers greatly.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #66
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,158 Posts

this is all a moot point anyway cause campbell won't be around at 18 .... if campbell played for a high profile program like USC he'd already be in everyones top 10 . my guess is the only tackle that will be available at 18 will be trent williams.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #67
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
this is all a moot point anyway cause campbell won't be around at 18 .... if campbell played for a high profile program like USC he'd already be in everyones top 10 . my guess is the only tackle that will be available at 18 will be trent williams.
I have seen several mocks that have us taking Williams, so you may not be the only one thinking this way.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #68
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
If you don't agree with me, fine, but don't act like I or the group who is against drafting an OT, are people who are too dumb to realize the importance of a good offensive line. As if that was our only reason; "oohing" and "ahhing" at the flashy WR or RB.

Being nasty? Acting like I'm 12? Come on....that's laying it on a bit thick don't you think?

Having said that, I did come off too harshly at Texas' comments. For that, I offer my apologies to TexasSteel. Jerk move on my part.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #69
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Having said that, I did come off too harshly at Texas' comments. For that, I offer my apologies to TexasSteel.

We are all here for the right reason.
We are all passionate at times for the guys we pimp

But ultimately we are all passionate in our belief that the steelers War room will finally listen to us and go with the picks we suggest. I just hope that one day they listen to one of us.

We havent (collectively all of us here) been to good pimping the Ziggy and Mendenhall picks of late. Hopefully between us all sharing our pimps over FS, CB, OT, OG and NT we might do a better job this year.

However I would love for us all to be wrong and land the Premier ILB.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #70
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
If you don't agree with me, fine, but don't act like I or the group who is against drafting an OT, are people who are too dumb to realize the importance of a good offensive line. As if that was our only reason; "oohing" and "ahhing" at the flashy WR or RB.

Being nasty? Acting like I'm 12? Come on....that's laying it on a bit thick don't you think?

Having said that, I did come off too harshly at Texas' comments. For that, I offer my apologies to TexasSteel. Jerk move on my part.
And I apologies for firing back at you.

Actually, my hope has been, since the end of the season, and still is that Earl Thomas is still there when we pick. It would take me about 2 minutes to make that pick.

If that doesn't happen I do want one of the OTs if one of the top 5 are still there and 1 maybe even 2 should be, My favorite of the bunch is Davis, but I have a feeling that the one left will be Williams.

That failing I think I would take the NT Williams. I do think that is a little early for him, sorry LLT, but just the letters NT seems to move players up about 5 spots.

If none of that happens I think I would like to trade down and look for a LB or possibly CB. I'm wondering if we do take a CB if Lewis could move to safety, but someone else will have to answer that question.

Simply, The Chief.