Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
jonslow
Bench Warmer
 
jonslow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
Posts: 184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15823
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/

We've also fired up the message boards for anyone interested in talking draft with the guys from Sideline.

We just posted an interview with Ryan Mathews and have an interview with Mardy Gilyard about to go up.

Stop on over and check it all out.

__________________
www.sidelinescouting.net
jonslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 96,533
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,100
Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

I have seen more and more mock drafts having us taking Williams. I am still high on Thomas at this point but if we can't get him then this pick would be fine with me.
__________________
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

For me i don't like the Dan Williams pick he was over controlled by the Hokies in that Bowl game maybe the whole team played bad? I don't know...
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
SteelMember
Team Owner
 
SteelMember's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,544
Member Number: 8745
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I have seen more and more mock drafts having us taking Williams. I am still high on Thomas at this point but if we can't get him then this pick would be fine with me.
Well, if at #18 your paying by the pound, he is the better value.
__________________

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach
 
Aussie_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5037
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

Quote:
1. Dan Wiliams NT
2. Brandon Ghee CB
3. Darrell Stuckey SS
4. Ed Wang OT
#1 Dan Williams - good pick. I can understand your logic in passing on Earl Thomas. The possiblility of losing Casey is real.

#2 Brandon Ghee - I would have looked at Nate Allen FS before a CB. I guess your reasoning is that Clark will be resigned and Ryan Mundy is going to develop down the line.

#3 Darrell Stuckey - a good player but he cant play FS. He will be a good backup to Troy but I think there are greater needs. Major Wright at FS or Chancellor as a SS / FS??? Do you see Stuckey as being a player who could also handle FS?

#4 Ed Wang - I can understand going OT but is Roger Saffold going to be an OG or an OT. He is being projected as an OT that is climbing the boards. Wang is rated behind Saffold in most rankings. What is it that you see separates the two at this pick.
__________________
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,087
Member Number: 13149
Thanks: 359
Thanked 170 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

I still think Wilson Or Robinson is a better pick at 1...a NT can be had later.....if Hampton Bounces Hoke has shown he is more than capable of stepping in for a year while someone develops behind him...We also need a guard....and an ILB...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
Well, if at #18 your paying by the pound, he is the better value.
I going to disagree with this, Dan Williams we would only pick at 18th because there are no good other nose tackles at the 2nd round when we pick because Cody and others will be gone.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
jonslow
Bench Warmer
 
jonslow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
Posts: 184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15823
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
#1 Dan Williams - good pick. I can understand your logic in passing on Earl Thomas. The possiblility of losing Casey is real.

#2 Brandon Ghee - I would have looked at Nate Allen FS before a CB. I guess your reasoning is that Clark will be resigned and Ryan Mundy is going to develop down the line.

#3 Darrell Stuckey - a good player but he cant play FS. He will be a good backup to Troy but I think there are greater needs. Major Wright at FS or Chancellor as a SS / FS??? Do you see Stuckey as being a player who could also handle FS?

#4 Ed Wang - I can understand going OT but is Roger Saffold going to be an OG or an OT. He is being projected as an OT that is climbing the boards. Wang is rated behind Saffold in most rankings. What is it that you see separates the two at this pick.
The thing that makes doing a four-round mock for a site is that we can't worry about specific teams getting players we want them to take. Myself and my colleagues are all fans of different teams. I (as the Steelers fan) know what we need, but I have to keep my personal bias out of the pick choices and instead think about who each team will likely take.

Personally, I want Mike Iupati, Patrick Robinson or Earl Thomas in the first, but we had to conduct the mock as it will likely happen, so some of those choices weren't available. And frankly, at #18, Dan Williams is value-- based on the fact that this is a weak NT class and the need is there, especially after Hampton said he'd be upset with a franchise tag.
__________________
www.sidelinescouting.net
jonslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sideline Scouting updated four-round mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
The thing that makes doing a four-round mock for a site is that we can't worry about specific teams getting players we want them to take. Myself and my colleagues are all fans of different teams. I (as the Steelers fan) know what we need, but I have to keep my personal bias out of the pick choices and instead think about who each team will likely take.

Personally, I want Mike Iupati, Patrick Robinson or Earl Thomas in the first, but we had to conduct the mock as it will likely happen, so some of those choices weren't available. And frankly, at #18, Dan Williams is value-- based on the fact that this is a weak NT class and the need is there, especially after Hampton said he'd be upset with a franchise tag.
Yes yes yes Patrick Robinson.

Btw will you be able to get a interview with him? I fear the Vikings may get him :\ Right now im alternating between Thomas/Robinson/Wilson as first round picks for us.

I'm slowly starting to start loosening up on dan williams but meh as long as robinson lives he's my pick!
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts