Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Greensburg Woman murdered

Can't believe this would happen here...about a half hour away from where we live.

Quote:
GREENSBURG, Pa. (CBS/AP) Jennifer Daugherty, a mentally disabled woman in rural Pennsylvania allegedly suffered unimaginable horrors at the hands of her killers, who her father says pretended to be her friends.

They fed her vegetable oil, spices, detergent, urine and medications, then forced her to write a suicide note, before they stabbed her to death, wrapped her in plastic, put her in a garbage can and dumped her in a school parking lot, police and relatives said Friday.

The head of the 30-year-old had been shaved, and she had been bound with Christmas decorations and clothing; she also was hit with a towel rack, vacuum cleaner hose and a crutch, according to an affidavit.

Six people were charged with criminal homicide, kidnapping and related charges in the death of Daugherty, who was missing since Monday and whose body was found Thursday at Greensburg Salem Middle School, about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Charged were Robert Loren Masters Jr., 36, Ricky Smyrnes, 23, Melvin Knight, 20, Amber Meidinger, 20, all of Greensburg; a 17-year-old girl from Greensburg; and Peggy Darlene Miller, 27, of Mount Pleasant Township. All were being held without bond in the Westmoreland County prison. It was not clear whether they had attorneys.

Stepfather Bobby Murphy, 62, of Mount Pleasant, told The Associated Press that the victim had the mental abilities of a 12 to 14-year-old.

According to an affidavit of probable cause, Knight admitted stabbing Daugherty in the chest, side and neck, and he and Smyrnes carried her body to the parking lot. All six defendants admitted their involvement and implicated others, according to police.

A man found Daugherty's body Thursday morning when he saw the plastic garbage can partially beneath his truck.

"One thing I can tell you is there is no reason for them to do what they did to Jennifer," Murphy said. "Jennifer was just a gentle, laid-back person.

"There wasn't a mean bone in her body."
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02...y6202062.shtml

They are possibly going to go after the death penalty for all or some of the assailants.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Steel Mountain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11328
Default Re: Greensburg Woman murdered

If I were an armed law enforcement officer, it would take every fiber of my being to not put a bullet right between the eyes of each of these individuals while the other waited their turn. The fact that they brazenly admitted doing it would make it that much ore satisfying!
Steel Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

I read this in my hometown newspaper. All I can say is "Disgusting." These scum need to get what's coming to them and I pray they do.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

There some people in this that actually need to die.

BTW im talking about the killers who do cowardly acts.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I heard about this on KDKA and was appalled and sickened. No trial for these monsters and no sleepy bye with lethal injection - bring back the electric chair and put 'em in it one by one while the others watch.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,749 Times in 1,581 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I heard about this on KDKA and was appalled and sickened. No trial for these monsters and no sleepy bye with lethal injection - bring back the electric chair and put 'em in it one by one while the others watch.
One thing is for sure if they done that I would want to be the first to go. But on a serious note that is just plain wrong for people to do that. I agree they should be no trial just straight death penalty.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

My God. What is wrong with people?
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I disagree bring back the stretching rack, the electricy chair is too quick and not satisfying enough you want the murders to have chills down their spines as the others slowly painfully die from this world. As they did to that women.

then feed them to the birds
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

I know there's at least one state that still has the firing squad. That''d be good, but don't bother with the blindfolds.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

When I found out about this I was just sick. The people who did this should get the most severe punishment possible.