Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused
Default Biden, Gibbs claim Iraq will Be one of B-rads's greatest achievements

I will just let the article speak for itself......

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ert-gibbs.html

I will just say this much.......Orwell is laughing at us all.....
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Biden, Gibbs claim Iraq will Be one of B-rads's greatest achievements

Might be nice if Obaaaaaaama made ONE accomplishment in his one and done term in office. Ain't lookin' promising.

Have another shot there Joe. :

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
urgle burgle
Starter

Default Re: Biden, Gibbs claim Iraq will Be one of B-rads's greatest achievements

the bad and scary thing is this....it would almost be comforting if ol Joe was on the bottle, that may explain a lot. but, according to him, he doesnt drink.....at all....he even drank near-beer at the beer summit.......

maybe its bad hair plugs.....or too many years of black market rogaine...
Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
the bad and scary thing is this....it would almost be comforting if ol Joe was on the bottle, that may explain a lot. but, according to him, he doesnt drink.....at all....he even drank near-beer at the beer summit.......

maybe its bad hair plugs.....or too many years of black market rogaine...
His "personality" and many of his gaffes are indication that he's not able to drink.

BUSH 2007: This is a strong commitment. But for it to succeed, our commanders say the Iraqis will need our help. So America will change our strategy to help the Iraqis carry out their campaign to put down sectarian violence and bring security to the people of Baghdad. This will require increasing American force levels. So I have committed more than 20,000 additional American troops to Iraq. The vast majority of them -- five brigades -- will be deployed to Baghdad.

BIDEN 2007: Last night, like millions of my fellow Americans, I listened intently to the president of the United States lay out his new strategy for Iraq. We all hoped and prayed that the president would present us with a plan that would make things better. Instead, I fear, that what the president has proposed is more likely to make things worse.

BIDEN 2007: (screaming) What happens after we surge these women and men? And, by the way, he said president -- General Petraeus is -- is one who believes -- He may be the only one who believes this is a good idea! Virtually, no one else think it's a good idea!

BIDEN 2007: He's dead, flat wrong. The fact of the matter is that there is -- that this -- uh -- this idea of the security gains we made have had no impact on the underlying sectarian dynamic. None. None whatsoever. Can anybody envision a central government made up of Sunni, Shi'a, and Kurds that's going to gain the trust and respect of 27 million Iraqis? There have been some tactical gains, but they have no ultimate bearing at this point on the prospect of there being a political settlement in Iraq that would allow American troops to come home without leaving chaos behind.

OBAMA 2007: I am not persuaded that, uh, 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is gonna, uh, solve the sectarian violence there. In fact I think it will do the reverse. I think it takes pressure off the Iraqis to arrive at the sort of political accommodation that every observer believes is the ultimate solution, uh, to the problems we face there.

BIDEN 2007: (screaming) This is a cycle of self-sustaining sectarian violence that 20,000, 30,000, 50,000, a hundred thousand Americans will not be able to stop!

OBAMA 2007: We cannot impose a military solution on what effectively become a civil war. And until we acknowledge that reality, uh, we can send 15,000 more troops, 20,000 more troops, 30,000 more troops. Uh, I don't know any expert, uh, on the region or any military officer that I've spoken to, uh, privately that believes that that is going to make a substantial difference on the situation on the ground.

BIDEN 2007: The first thing I'm going to do is veto that bill and I'm going to take out that money for those MRAPs, those -- those vehicles to save lives over there. The idea we're not -- I gotta kid going over there -- the idea that we're not building new Humvees with the V-shaped thing is just crap, man! Kids are dying that don't have to die. The second thing we're going to do is shove it down his throat.

BIDEN 2008: Uh, uh, Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck. Let 'em see you. (rimshot) Oh, God love you. What am I talking about? (rimshot) I tell you what, you're making everybody else stand up, though, pal. (rimshot) I tell you what, stand up for Chuck! (rimshot)

OBAMA 2009: The situation in Iraq has improved. Violence has been reduced substantially from the horrific sectarian killing of 2006 and 2007. Al-Qaeda in Iraq has been dealt a serious blow by our troops and Iraq security forces and through our partnership with Sunni Arabs. The capacity of Iraq's security forces has improved and Iraq's leaders have taken steps towards political accommodation.

GIBBS: Getting our troops home, which we intend to do in August of this year.

REPORTER: The agreement to bring the troops home was signed before the president took office.

GIBBS: We will long debate Iraq. We will long debate whether at a very important moment in our efforts to root out terrorism -- uh, particularly in Afghanistan on that border region with Pakistan, whether -- we took our eye off the ball, historians will debate that long after we're gone. The vice president's been deeply involved in fixing the political process there so that elections can be held and our troops can, uhhh, come home as scheduled, uh, this summer.

BIDEN 2010: I'm very optimistic about -- about Iraq, and this can be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the, uh, end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

BIDEN 2010: I'm very optimistic about -- about Iraq, and this can be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the, uh, end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

Incredible. And to think the mainstream media just swills this garbage up.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
urgle burgle
Starter

sometimes....at night....i just cry myself to sleep......
Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Lest we forget, here's the "vice president" in 2002 on Tim Russert going on about saddam and his WMDs - "We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...he_threat.html

And here's that handsome devil John Edwards waxing on on how we need to rid ourselves of saddam and his WMDs

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Fast forward through 8 years of ragging on Bu bu bu Booosh's "failed policies", and this war "we lost", and all manner of hysterical bad behavior, and now the sniveling POSs want to take credit for the success. Just amazing.

Ever the adult in these matters, Dick Cheney told ABC News' Jonathan Karl today "If the administration is going to take credit for Iraq's success, fair enough ... but it ought to come with a healthy dose of 'Thank you, George Bush' up front and a recognition that some of their early recommendations with respect to prosecuting that war were just dead wrong," http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/Polit...ory?id=9821035

biden isn't fit to carry Cheney's jock.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
urgle burgle
Starter

makes you think your in bizarro world....minus the sanity.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
urgle burgle
Starter

as our Marines/allies are fightiing and dying....the Huffington Post gives you this. In big bold headlines...as their lead page. My anger now knows new levels....but i shouldnt be surprised..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/