Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Coroner: Nothing in toxicology report contributed to Adams' death

Associated Press

GREENWOOD, S.C. -- A toxicology report shows defensive end Gaines Adams had marijuana and alcohol in his system when he died. But Greenwood County Coroner Jim Coursey says nothing found in the report contributed to Adams' death.

The report showed Adams had a blood-alcohol level of 0.021 percent. That's well below the 0.08 percent at which South Carolina drivers are considered intoxicated.

The toxicology report was obtained by The Index-Journal of Greenwood through a Freedom of Information Act request and the results were published in Saturday's newspaper.

The 26-year-old former Clemson standout died Jan. 17 in Greenwood. An autopsy showed the cause of death to be a heart attack caused by an enlarged heart.

Coursey has repeatedly said nothing found in the toxicology report contributed to Adams' death.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,673
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,418
Thanked 10,986 Times in 4,552 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

i believe .02 equates to about a 1/4-1/2 can of beer, or tablespoonful of jack daniels, and marijuana never killed anyone.

i kinda found it strange the entire league went into mourning and practically held a vigil before each game in each stadium the week after chris henry's death, yet absolutely nothing for gaines adams, who by all accounts, was a good guy who didnt need to turn his life around, and whos death was also an unexpected tragedy.

i guess since chris could have prevented his, made it worth all the accolades and video highlights, and kind words from the rest of the league.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:24 AM   #3
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Misleading thread title is misleading.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #4
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i believe .02 equates to about a 1/4-1/2 can of beer, or tablespoonful of jack daniels, and marijuana never killed anyone.

i kinda found it strange the entire league went into mourning and practically held a vigil before each game in each stadium the week after chris henry's death, yet absolutely nothing for gaines adams, who by all accounts, was a good guy who didnt need to turn his life around, and whos death was also an unexpected tragedy.

i guess since chris could have prevented his, made it worth all the accolades and video highlights, and kind words from the rest of the league.
For a guy his size, .02 is actually a 2-8 full beers depending on how his body reacts to alcohol.

Anyways, he's probably not an alcoholic and a lot of NFL players smoke marijuana.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 105,142
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 3,902 Times in 1,636 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
For a guy his size, .02 is actually a 2-8 full beers depending on how his body reacts to alcohol.

Anyways, he's probably not an alcoholic and a lot of NFL players smoke marijuana.
Agreed it is no big deal alot of them do it.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Misleading thread title is misleading.
I copied it off nfl.com title.

Im sorry if all the attention if going off that convict when Gaines Adam should of had the attention since he was a great dude who never had underage sex with girls 5 years younger than him still in high school, then also didnt go and throw a bottle at and old man in a car claiming it was someone else.

Again im real sorry the attention is of Chris now.

R.I.P. Gaines Adams
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
I copied it off nfl.com title.

Im sorry if all the attention if going off that convict when Gaines Adam should of had the attention since he was a great dude who never had underage sex with girls 5 years younger than him still in high school, then also didnt go and throw a bottle at and old man in a car claiming it was someone else.

Again im real sorry the attention is of Chris now.

R.I.P. Gaines Adams


I said it was misleading because it made it sound like the alcohol and marijuana somehow contributed to his passing, which it did not.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post


I said it was misleading because it made it sound like the alcohol and marijuana somehow contributed to his passing, which it did not.
Well don't complain then because it's NFL.COM property.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Report: Bears' Adams had alcohol, marijuana in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Well don't complain then because it's NFL.COM property.
NLF.com can make misleading titles, which in this case they did.

The title is misleading i dont care who came up with it...
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts