Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141
Default Terrance Cody

Everyone sees one pic of the guy with his shirt off and they freak. Look the guy was the anchor on the line for the best D in college. He showed he has very good feet at the Senior Bowl even though he was 370 LBS. Lets say he comes to the combine at 350 shows better than all the other DT's, poof everyone is in love with him again.Bottom line the guy can play.

All these points people are making about Tomlin and his problem with Casey's weight are stupid. I will give you some reasons why.
1. Casey was a vet and should have known better how to show up for camp.
2. Tomlin was just taking over and was showing who was in charge.
3. Cody is not Casey (Just cause Casey sucks being a fat ass doesn't mean Cody won't be an awsome fat ass)
4. Surely if the Steelers are looking into the guy don't you think they will be on him about his weight from day one.
5. If Cody wants to stay in the league and make a buck surely he will keep his weight and game in shape.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: Terrance Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
Everyone sees one pic of the guy with his shirt off and they freak. Look the guy was the anchor on the line for the best D in college. He showed he has very good feet at the Senior Bowl even though he was 370 LBS. Lets say he comes to the combine at 350 shows better than all the other DT's, poof everyone is in love with him again.Bottom line the guy can play.

All these points people are making about Tomlin and his problem with Casey's weight are stupid. I will give you some reasons why.
1. Casey was a vet and should have known better how to show up for camp.
2. Tomlin was just taking over and was showing who was in charge.
3. Cody is not Casey (Just cause Casey sucks being a fat ass doesn't mean Cody won't be an awsome fat ass)
4. Surely if the Steelers are looking into the guy don't you think they will be on him about his weight from day one.
5. If Cody wants to stay in the league and make a buck surely he will keep his weight and game in shape.
Gilbert Brown and Sam Adams were both fat asses that would've been cited for indecent exposure or harpooned if they went to the beach, but they both played their fat asses off for many years at a very high level. Cody is a stud, no matter what people think of his man boobs. If he drops past the Steelers in the 2nd, I hope we snatch his rather large ass up!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
lol, sorry that just made me laugh. In Casey's defense, he's an awesome fatass.
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
Gilbert Brown and Sam Adams were both fat asses that would've been cited for indecent exposure or harpooned if they went to the beach, but they both played their fat asses off for many years at a very high level. Cody is a stud, no matter what people think of his man boobs. If he drops past the Steelers in the 2nd, I hope we snatch his rather large ass up!
thanks now i cant get the pic of codys moobs out of mind minds eye thanks!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,078 Posts

Sorry, but I watched Cody intently in the BCS game and he exhibited burst, but when stalled...he struggled to get that flabby body moving again.

Next, I recorded the entire week on NFL network and the Sr. Bowl game. There too, he showed some strength, but lack of motor or pursuit because he is just so badly out of shape. In the game, he exploded off the line at 295 Matt Tennant of Boston College. Tennant absorbed the attack, regrouped and cut off Cody from the playside and allowed the run to go off guard right. Conversely, Dan Williams gave Iupati problems and he too good angle of pursuit to get in on offside sweeps. Williams has a motor, Cody doesnt.

If 295 lb Matt Tennant can neutralize Cody from getting to college RB's, what do you think Alex Mack, Nick Mangold and Matt Birk can do???? I hope the Steelers pass on him.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Sorry, but I watched Cody intently in the BCS game and he exhibited burst, but when stalled...he struggled to get that flabby body moving again.

Next, I recorded the entire week on NFL network and the Sr. Bowl game. There too, he showed some strength, but lack of motor or pursuit because he is just so badly out of shape. In the game, he exploded off the line at 295 Matt Tennant of Boston College. Tennant absorbed the attack, regrouped and cut off Cody from the playside and allowed the run to go off guard right. Conversely, Dan Williams gave Iupati problems and he too good angle of pursuit to get in on offside sweeps. Williams has a motor, Cody doesnt.

If 295 lb Matt Tennant can neutralize Cody from getting to college RB's, what do you think Alex Mack, Nick Mangold and Matt Birk can do???? I hope the Steelers pass on him.
Agreed I think I would rather have Dan Williams over Cody as well Williams seems more of a play maker to me.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
lol, sorry that just made me laugh. In Casey's defense, he's an awesome fatass.
Casey is a legend for being such a overweight fatass.

come to daddy

supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Conversely, Dan Williams gave Iupati problems and he too good angle of pursuit to get in on offside sweeps. Williams has a motor, Cody doesnt.

OMG yes!! Cody is a blubbernaut.

I'd love to get Dan Williams. Head and shoulders the right NT for us. He ain't Ngata, but he'll do in the AFCN.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:

I watched the Hokie Tennessee game and saw dan williams get over powered.

this is the steelers defence. All Cody needs to do is plug the holes like Casey does. I hope we dont draft williams.

Cody>Williams.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,194 Times in 3,490 Posts

damn, even feed robot is getting in on the act calling hampton fat-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...596#post772596

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Casey is a legend for being such a overweight fatass.

come to daddy

these 2 pictures are great examples that hes in pretty damn good shape. both are taken immediately after the steelers won their last 2 superbowls. the one at the parade is at the end of the season tomlin benched him for being overweight.

he dont need a manzierre. thos pecs are solid. you can almost see a giant 6 pack on his stomach. really no flab or cottage cheeze. now dude definitely has a spare tire along with all the junk in his trunk., but all in all he looks pretty solid.

i doubt he'd be showing off his bod if he thought he was fat.

i can almost guarantee if you punched a. smith or t. cody in the gut it would be like punching a bean bag, or a pillow.

if you were to punch hampton in the gut, you would probably hurt your wrist.