Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #21
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I can understand your point....and I can also understand why liberals are uncomfortable with the truth being pursued....hence the "tony go round" posts....

Let's face it, the biggest argument used by liberals on this board, and in general, to justify voting for democrats is NOT the virtues of their candidate or the platform, it is by characterizing republicans and conservatives as dishonest and unethical.

So for me, the fact that he may not have been legally qualified to be president is not the major issue at this point, it is actually finding out the lengths of deceit, corruptness and immorality that may have been involved in Obama & the democrats covering this up.....

...as again, this is really the primary reasoning liberals use to justify voting for even the most inexperienced, corrupt and unethical democratic candidates such as the one it appears we may have now....
You can't honestly believe there is a plethora of honest politicians on either side, can you? Aren't they both as slimy and corrupt as the next guy regardless of aisle seating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Tiger is holding a press conference tomorrow morning to apologize and explain. The manly thing to do.

IMHO, the manly thing to do here, and indeed the political thing to do would be for someone in the administration to simply produce the BC and explain the circumstances. Then it'd be all over. It's so simple. Why have they spent millions avoiding that? That's why it won't go away.

If he's "duely elected", so be it. He has yet to prove that he is.

As in all things involving donkeys and elephants, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.
Didn't the courts rule on this? If you believe in your government, then the system worked and the guy is legitimate. I mean we could take the opposite of your exact argument here and say Bush was illegitimate for different reasons. The fact remains in both, the courts have spoken, have a good day.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
You can't honestly believe there is a plethora of honest politicians on either side, can you?

Aren't they both as slimy and corrupt as the next guy regardless of aisle seating?
Exactly.

So let's make a wild and crazy assumption that greed and corruptness is not just a trait of all politicians, or republicans, or capitalism, or successful people, but of ALL people, then you have just removed 90% of the argument people on this board use to justify voting democrat.

THAT was my point.
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #23
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Didn't the courts rule on this? If you believe in your government, then the system worked and the guy is legitimate. I mean we could take the opposite of your exact argument here and say Bush was illegitimate for different reasons. The fact remains in both, the courts have spoken, have a good day.
When was the ruling and by whom? I've read that the SC declined the case in 12/08, but I haven't found that there has been a ruling that closes the case.

The most prominent of those that have filed suits is Philip Berg, a liberal dem. Why would he do that?

Why has bho spent more than a million to pay a dozen law firms to battle this all over the countryside? It doesn't make sense.

If the real BC exists, why not have Gibbs trot it out and say "See? Now STFU". It'd be sooooo easy. Why haven't they done that?

That is why there are questions.

__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #24
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I CARE if he's from Mars, but this topic never seems to end around here. If Obaaaaaama wasn't born in this country, I think Madame Rotweiler and JMac would have outed him with indisputable proof during the primary and general elections respectively.
Madame Rotweiler

JMac was adamant about not going negative on bho. He said he'd can anybody in his campaign that went there. He hasn't hesitated to go negative on JD Hayworth though. Aside from one being a donkey and the other an elephant, what else is different between those two. And what might have happened if indisputable proof emerged during the general election? Civil unrest?

The burden of proof is on bho. They posted an image on the Internet that satisfied the media that it was genuine, and that was that.

As for Madame Rotweiler? IMHO, the donkeys were "influenced" by Chicago. bho was a foregone conclusion. Madame Rotweiler could have destroyed such an unqualified candidate like she did Rick Lazio when she ran for the senate, but she didn't. I think there's a great deal more between those two politically than meets the eye.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,265
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 18
Thanked 84 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Fun times: When you start a lie, it just gets worse over time...For The Birthers!!!



BORN IN THE USA?

Oops! Obama tells another nativity fib?
Records indicate father not part of Kenyan airlift, as prez said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 16, 2010
11:00 pm Eastern


By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2010 WorldNetDaily



Barack Obama Sr.


Official documents catch Barack Obama in another apparent misrepresentation of his life story, this time challenging a claim made during his campaign that his father was part of a JFK-era airlift to bring Kenyan students to the U.S. to study in American universities.

WND research indicates Barack Obama Sr. was not brought to Hawaii in 1959 by any airlift of Kenyan students organized by baseball great Jackie Robinson, John F. Kennedy or the African-American Students Foundation, the AASF.

Nor was Barack Obama Sr. on any of the three subsequently chartered airplanes in what became known as the "second airlift" organized by Kenyan Luo politician Tom Mboya in 1960 after the Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Foundation contributed $100,000 to AASF.

Moreover, after a thorough search of the Jackie Robinson papers at the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress, WND can find no mention of Barack Obama Sr. in the files on deposit, either as an applicant or candidate for an airlift from Kenya to study in the U.S.

The manifest of the 81 students actually flown from Kenya Sept. 9, 1959, in a plane chartered by Jackie Robinson in conjunction with the AASF does not contain Barack Obama Sr.'s name. Robinson was assisted by singer Harry Belafonte and actor Sidney Poitier.

(Story continues below)




In Hawaii before first student airlift

By the time of the Sept. 9, 1959, airlift to New York City, Barack Obama Sr. was already in Honolulu, enrolled in classes as an undergraduate at the University of Hawaii.

WND previously published official affirmation from the University of Hawaii that Barack Obama Sr. was enrolled for the 1959 fall term.

The first article documenting Barack Obama Sr.'s presence in Hawaii was by journalist Shurei Hirozawa in the Honolulu Star Bulletin on Sept. 18, 1959, only nine days after the Jackie Robinson airlift.

The article suggested Barack Obama Sr., then fully settled in Hawaii and enrolled at the university, had used personal savings to pay his travel expenses from Kenya to Hawaii and tuition costs at the university.

"But the money [Barack Obama Sr.] saved will only stretch out for two semesters or less because of the high cost of living in Hawaii, he found out," wrote Hirozawa. "He'll work, he says, and possibly apply for a scholarship."

Obama claims JFK responsible

Barack Obama Jr.'s claim that John F. Kennedy brought his father to the U.S. was made in a March 4, 2007 speech, from the pulpit of the historic Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church in Selma, Ala.

Obama declared he owed his very existence to Selma, according to a transcript of the speech and a video clip posted on YouTube.com.

A few minutes into the speech, Obama began discussing the protests in Selma and Birmingham, Ala., that were instrumental to Martin Luther King building the civil rights movement in the 1960s.

Obama invented dialogue of Kennedy advisers, musing, "It worried the folks in the White House who said, 'You know, we're battling communism. How are we going to win hearts and minds all across the world if right here in our own country, John, we're not observing the ideals set forth in our Constitution? We might be accused of being hypocrites."

Obama continued: "This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets and came over to this country. He met this woman whose great-great-great-great-grandfather had owned slaves. But she had a good idea there was some craziness going on, because they looked at each other, and they decided that we know that (in) the world as it has been it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child."

Kennedy, however, was not in the White House until Jan. 20, 1961, and he did not participate in the organization of the September 1959 airlift.

The historical record is further established by a background memorandum prepared by Sen. John Kennedy's office in August 1960, while JFK was running for president.

The memo documents that JFK met with Mboya – but after the 1959 airlift had already occurred. Mboya met with JFK at Hyannis Port July 26, 1960, while Kennedy was running for president.

Mboya's goal was to convince JFK to fund a second airlift of African students to the U.S.

The memo further documents that the State Department, despite intervention by Vice President Richard Nixon, had already turned down Mboya's request for a second airlift to bring in 200 African students who had received scholarships from U.S. schools.

The Kennedy family, utilizing the Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Foundation, decided to give Mboya a $100,000 donation to pay for the second airlift, in memory of JFK's brother who was killed in World War II.

Knowing the Kennedy family was going to pay for the second airlift, Nixon prevailed on the State Department to reverse its earlier negative decision.

The African-American Students Foundation, however, decided to accept the Kennedy Foundation's offer, preferring the willing generosity of the privately offered financing to the obvious hostility the State Department had initially expressed to the group's request.

Mboya's decision was a rebuke to Nixon, who had failed to deliver the State Department until after the Kennedy family had stepped forward with funding.

At the time, the State Department was turning down Mboya's request in deference to the government of Jomo Kenyatta, which had argued, contrary to Mboya, that young, talented Kenyans should study closer to home and attend Makerere College in neighboring Uganda, instead of being trained in American universities.

Still, the myth of JFK's role in bringing President Obama's father to the U.S. persisted, reported again Jan. 10, 2008, by Washington-based reporter Elana Schor of London's Guardian newspaper.

On March 30, 2008, Michael Dobbs published an article in the Washington Post, carefully entitled "Obama Overstates Kennedy's Role in Helping His Father," so as not to characterize candidate Obama's Selma remarks as a lie.

"Obama spokesman Bill Burton acknowledged yesterday that the senator from Illinois had erred in crediting the Kennedy family with a role in his father's arrival in the United States," Dobbs wrote. "[Burton] said the Kennedy involvement in the Kenya student program apparently started 48 years ago, not 49 years ago as Obama has mistakenly suggested in the past."

To correct the "overstatement," Dobbs incorrectly reported that Barack Obama Sr. had come to the United States in the Sept. 9, 1959, initial airlift organized by Jackie Robinson without the financial support of the Kennedy family.

"There was enormous excitement when the Britannia aircraft took off for New York with the future Kenyan elite aboard," Dobbs wrote of the first airlift. "After a few weeks of orientation, the students were dispatched to universities across the United States to study subjects that would help them govern Kenya after the departure of the British. Obama Sr. was interested in economics and was sent to Hawaii, where he met, and later married, a Kansas native named Ann Dunham."

Further corroboration that Barack Obama Sr. was not on the first airlift is provided by Tom Shachtman in his 2009 book, "Airlift to America."

On page 9 of the book, Shachtman confirms Mboya was unable to transport Barack Obama Sr. to the United States on any of the airlifts organized by Jackie Robinson or the AASF.

Nativity story

WND also has reported that contrary to the president's statements, his father did not abandon the family in Hawaii when he accepted an invitation to study at Harvard in 1962.

Documents uncovered by WND also have raised questions about whether President Obama's parents ever lived together as husband and wife, despite Obama's repeated assertions his parents lived together in Hawaii during the first two years of his life.

WND has reported the only documentation for Ann Dunham's marriage to Barack Obama Sr. comes from their divorce documents that list the marriage date as Feb. 2, 1961.

In actuality, it isn't clear Obama's parents were married, since official records have never been produced showing a legal ceremony took place. No wedding certificate or photograph of a ceremony for Dunham and Obama Sr. has ever been found or published.

WND previously reported Michelle Obama stated at a public event that her husband's mother was "very young and very single" when she gave birth to the future U.S. president.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=125351
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #26
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Who's yer Daddy?

If you were to wager, which of the three gentlemen to "the president's" right looks most likely to be his father?



Iím thinking he looks somewhere between #2 and 3. 2 and 3 have similar facial shapes, eyes, and hairlines. bho's nose and mouth are somewhere in between.

This is actually terrible for the birthers because it'd eliminate the question of citizenship altogether. #2 and 3 were both citizens.

Now if it were the case that either #2 or 3 was the "baby daddy", the question would then become who zoomed whom. If it was #2 then he and Stanley Ann would be the rents. There are "naughty" photos of SA "out there", supposedly taken by Frank Davis (aka "Uncle Frank" the pornographer) that suggest that just might have happened. Equally possible is that Stanley Ann's Dad schtupped one of the pros down at the bars he and UF hung out at.

But bho doesnít look anything like contestant #1. That is puzzling because bho has "relatives" in Kenya that swear he was born there. And bho went over to Kenya in 06 to campaign for his "cousin" Raila Odinga.

Odd "family" regardless of which story is the truth.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #27
Leftoverhard
Team Captain
 
Leftoverhard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 808
Member Number: 9337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Let's face it, the biggest argument used by conservatives on this board, and in general, to justify voting for Sarah Palin is NOT the virtues of their candidate or the platform, it is by characterizing democrats and liberals as dishonest and unethical.
We're in the midst of yet another thread about the president's birth certificate, playing *guess the father*

So i fixed that for you.
__________________
http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9337&dateline=1223313868
Leftoverhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,220
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,885
Thanked 8,085 Times in 3,454 Posts
Default Re: Who's yer Daddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
If you were to wager, which of the three gentlemen to "the president's" right looks most likely to be his father?



I’m thinking he looks somewhere between #2 and 3. 2 and 3 have similar facial shapes, eyes, and hairlines. bho's nose and mouth are somewhere in between.

This is actually terrible for the birthers because it'd eliminate the question of citizenship altogether. #2 and 3 were both citizens.

Now if it were the case that either #2 or 3 was the "baby daddy", the question would then become who zoomed whom. If it was #2 then he and Stanley Ann would be the rents. There are "naughty" photos of SA "out there", supposedly taken by Frank Davis (aka "Uncle Frank" the pornographer) that suggest that just might have happened. Equally possible is that Stanley Ann's Dad schtupped one of the pros down at the bars he and UF hung out at.

But bho doesn’t look anything like contestant #1. That is puzzling because bho has "relatives" in Kenya that swear he was born there. And bho went over to Kenya in 06 to campaign for his "cousin" Raila Odinga.

Odd "family" regardless of which story is the truth.
why did you leave out #5 (the gentelman in your sig)? he obviously has the same features and looks to be the TRUE father of bho (moreso than the others, atleast).

james looks more like #2 (who i assume is the genetic donor for him, and therefore baracks granpappy).

in other news- obama was "born" in a lab, hatched from an incubated bowling ball.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #29
urgle burgle
Starter
 
urgle burgle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: land of nougat
Posts: 571
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12834
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
My Mood: Confused
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

well that would explain his ongoing animosity towards "whites"....the whole black bowling ball crashing into "white" pins. i personally think he is Pauley Shore in disguise....have you seen both of them together, at the same time?.....no, you havent.


viva la Hoboken.
urgle burgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #30
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Another Look at Obama's "Origins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
When was the ruling and by whom? I've read that the SC declined the case in 12/08, but I haven't found that there has been a ruling that closes the case.

The most prominent of those that have filed suits is Philip Berg, a liberal dem. Why would he do that?

Why has bho spent more than a million to pay a dozen law firms to battle this all over the countryside? It doesn't make sense.

If the real BC exists, why not have Gibbs trot it out and say "See? Now STFU". It'd be sooooo easy. Why haven't they done that?

That is why there are questions.

When the supreme courts declines a case, the lower courts ruling becomes the ruling.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts