Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Perry Biggerstaff's 2010 NFL Mock Draft

For those teams looking for a WR but not wnting to use a 1st round pick...here are the WR's available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Late 1st early 2nd Round

Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 206 , 4.54
Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech 6-3 229, 4.59

2nd Round

Damian Williams WR Southern California 6-1 195, 4.49
Dexter McCluster WR Mississippi 5-08 165, 4.42
Arrelious Benn WR Illinois 6-2 220, 4.50
Jordan Shipley WR Texas 6-0 190, 4.47
Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati 6-0 179, 4.51
Taylor Price WR Ohio 6-0 198, 4.36

3rd round

Carlton Mitchell WR South Florida 6-4 212, 4.45
Mike Williams WR Syracuse 6-2 212, 4.49
Jacoby Ford WR Clemson 5-09 181, 4.37
Jeremy Williams WR Tulane 6-0 205, 4.52
Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas 6-3 200, 4.62
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I actually like Bradfords skill set a little more than Claussen's...but have to drop him a couple of slots due to the surgery. I think the "safe" pick is Claussen.

If Williams is the best OT left on the board..I think we will take him....but I DO think that we will go with Earl Thomas over some of the OT's, if he is still available.

I plan on trying to do some draft upgrades...then I am hoping we can all put our heads together for a combined draft just before the actual draft.
Yeah, I think they might look at Thomas too IF he is still on the board. But, I think it will shake out that Anthony Davis is the 2nd or 3rd OT taken...while Trent Williams is the 4th or 5th taken.

Anthony Davis is a big kid, with long arms and outstanding feet for such a massive young man. Rutgers used him to pull on running plays to the right side from his LT position(that is pulling 3 holes over ). You dont use kids on a long pull like that if they cant make it in time.....Anthony Davis does it well.

I would not be unhappy with Davis, but think he might be gone in the top 10. He is that good of an OT!!! But then again, look what happened to Oher.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, I think they might look at Thomas too IF he is still on the board. But, I think it will shake out that Anthony Davis is the 2nd or 3rd OT taken...while Trent Williams is the 4th or 5th taken.

Anthony Davis is a big kid, with long arms and outstanding feet for such a massive young man. Rutgers used him to pull on running plays to the right side from his LT position(that is pulling 3 holes over ). You dont use kids on a long pull like that if they cant make it in time.....Anthony Davis does it well.

I would not be unhappy with Davis, but think he might be gone in the top 10. He is that good of an OT!!! But then again, look what happened to Oher.
I saw some pretty good games by Williams and was big on him for awhile...but I began to notice a funky kick-slide that makes me worry about his ability to seal off the edge.
If that can be corrected, I wont be dissapointed in Williams at #18...but i dont want a tackle that gets his feet crossed while making contact with a DE.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Sources: Top 4 teams in draft have talked trade
2/23/2010 12:40:58 PM | More

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports each of the teams picking in the top four come late April -- St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Washington -- has discussed trading its pick and moving out of its spot, multiple NFL sources said Tuesday.

While there are an abundance of teams looking to trade back, there is the usual scarcity of teams looking to trade up, which is why deals near the top of the draft are difficult to consummate.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=3426
This is very interesting.

Is there a chance of St. Louis trading away the #1 pick to a team like the Eagles for McNabb?

Quote:
Speculation about McNabb's trade potential -- a hot topic since the Eagles' season-ending, wild-card loss to Dallas on Jan. 9 -- has been heating up.

On Thursday, a column by Sal Paolantonio that appeared on ESPN.com sent mixed messages about the organization's intentions to deal its franchise cornerstone. Paolantonio, citing unnamed NFL sources, wrote that the Eagles have told inquiring teams that McNabb and Kolb aren't on the trading block. The Broncos, Browns, Rams and Bills have each contacted the Eagles, the report said.

But Paolantonio also wrote that NFL insiders believe head coach Andy Reid would be willing to trade McNabb in exchange for a first-round pick.
http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...s--ridiculous-
If there is any truth to the Eagles willingness to get a first round pick for McNabb...Are they willing to trade all the way up to the #1 overall slot and take on that kind of contract? Do they have a "need" for a DT? Would they consider him a Suh DE?

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #15
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

The Eagles want Berry lmao.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
The Eagles want Berry lmao.
Hmmmm...Redskins at #4 would LOVE to have McNabb...and are in a position to possibly grab OT Charles Brown in the 2nd round and either an OC like Matt Tennant/JD Walton or an OG like Mike Johnson in the 3rd round.

Eagles could take Berry if they wanted...and still get a legit RB at the end of the 1st round.

OR...they may be willing to trade with Seattle...and use that 1st pick on a RB like Spiller.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Hmmmm...Redskins at #4 would LOVE to have McNabb...and are in a position to possibly grab OT Charles Brown in the 2nd round and either an OC like Matt Tennant/JD Walton or an OG like Mike Johnson in the 3rd round.

Eagles could take Berry if they wanted...and still get a legit RB at the end of the 1st round.

OR...they may be willing to trade with Seattle...and use that 1st pick on a RB like Spiller.
Yea it could make sense and be a trade. But the Eagles would have the better deal.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #18
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
8. Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
TEAM NEEDS: 4-3 NT, DE, OT, RG, CB, LB, QB
I hate trying to second guess what Al Davis will do. If he sticks to form, a player with the physical attributes of Bruce Campbell will be too much to pass up. Campbell is 6-7 310 pounds and should run under 5.0 at the combine

I am becoming even more confident with my thoughts on the Raiders draft pick...Campbell posted unofficial times of 4.78 and 4.81 seconds, and did 34 repetitions on the bench-press on Friday!!!!

Al Davis LOVES those workout warriors!!!! Its lucky for the Raider Nation that Campbell is actually a good player and would fill a need position for their team.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,478 Posts

Quote:
I am becoming even more confident with my thoughts on the Raiders draft pick...Campbell posted unofficial times of 4.78 and 4.81 seconds, and did 34 repetitions on the bench-press on Friday!!!!

Al Davis LOVES those workout warriors!!!! Its lucky for the Raider Nation that Campbell is actually a good player and would fill a need position for their team.
Should have seen his kick slide drill and vertical jump. Campbell is blowing up at the combine and making himself some $$$. He still needs a lot of coaching and is a couple years away from being a solid starter IMO.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Should have seen his kick slide drill and vertical jump. Campbell is blowing up at the combine and making himself some $$$. He still needs a lot of coaching and is a couple years away from being a solid starter IMO.
Crazy Al is probably drooling all over himself. Well....more than usual anyway.