Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: Perry Biggerstaff's 2010 NFL Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Should have seen his kick slide drill and vertical jump. Campbell is blowing up at the combine and making himself some $$$. He still needs a lot of coaching and is a couple years away from being a solid starter IMO.
eeeehhhhmmmm .... told ya.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
CorpseLW
Water Boy

Member Number: 15960

I'm all for the Bradford to Redskins pick and that Rutgers OT to PIttsburgh sounds alright--hard to pass up a highly-rated OL piece from Rutgers.
CorpseLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Posted an updated mock draft in the editorial section. I really believe that we are positioning ourselves to go with Earl Thomas or one of the top 4 Offensive Tackles.

As of today...I think our draft may look something like this

7-Round Mock Draft.

1) CB/FS Earl Thomas...Versatility at two critical positions is incredible
2) OT Jared Veldheer...Give him a year and he will push for a starting position.
3) OC J.D. Walton....Great value in the third, tenacious blocker with a nasty streak. Might need a year to condition and learn assignments.
4) ILB Micah Johnson...If the Steelers can be patient for one year and let him rehab...he is a steal.
5a) NT/DE Al Woods...Scouts think that he can play both positions very well. The Patriots are looking at him as depth for both slots.
5b) WR Danario Alexander...(shhhhhh....6'5 WR is a sleeper with 113 catches, 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns) Missouri prospect who you have never heard of due to injured knee at senior bowl.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats...Buchanon award winner who ended 2009 with 23.5 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback sacks.
6) RB Deji Karim 1,694 yards on 240 carries (7.1 average) and 18 touchdowns....and just ran a 4.38 forty at his pro-day...runs low to the ground and can catch out of the backfield.
7a) OLB Adrian Tracy ..Led the nation with a career 62.5 tackles for a loss and had 31 career sacks. Looks great in his transition to OLB fronm DE.
7b) SS Barry Church... Church is a Safety that I loved on tape but who seemed to fall off the draft radar. He didnt post huge numbers this last year because Toledo used him as a hybrid LB/SS. He just ran a 4.54 forty at his proday and showed great hands at position skills.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Posted an updated mock draft in the editorial section. I really believe that we are positioning ourselves to go with Earl Thomas or one of the top 4 Offensive Tackles.

As of today...I think our draft may look something like this

7-Round Mock Draft.

1) CB/FS Earl Thomas...Versatility at two critical positions is incredible
2) OT Jared Veldheer...Give him a year and he will push for a starting position.
3) OC J.D. Walton....Great value in the third, tenacious blocker with a nasty streak. Might need a year to condition and learn assignments.
4) ILB Micah Johnson...If the Steelers can be patient for one year and let him rehab...he is a steal.
5a) NT/DE Al Woods...Scouts think that he can play both positions very well. The Patriots are looking at him as depth for both slots.
5b) WR Danario Alexander...(shhhhhh....6'5 WR is a sleeper with 113 catches, 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns) Missouri prospect who you have never heard of due to injured knee at senior bowl.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats...Buchanon award winner who ended 2009 with 23.5 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback sacks.
6) RB Deji Karim 1,694 yards on 240 carries (7.1 average) and 18 touchdowns....and just ran a 4.38 forty at his pro-day...runs low to the ground and can catch out of the backfield.
7a) OLB Adrian Tracy ..Led the nation with a career 62.5 tackles for a loss and had 31 career sacks. Looks great in his transition to OLB fronm DE.
7b) SS Barry Church... Church is a Safety that I loved on tape but who seemed to fall off the draft radar. He didnt post huge numbers this last year because Toledo used him as a hybrid LB/SS. He just ran a 4.54 forty at his proday and showed great hands at position skills.
That is a solid looking draft. I like the Al Woods pick. He rotated in on the D line in 2008 with Jean-Francois and Alexander....and looked good. Might be an interesting pick in the 5th.

You dont think Barry Church is gonna last to the 7th do ya?? Wasnt he 4 time all conference?? I know nothing of Karim.....but what about Pat Paschall??
Old 03-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,181 Times in 3,487 Posts

love the new mock LLT and must say its layout is as visually appealing as any other on the net. good job! i especially like that you are taking the time to update it like the "professionals" do. look out rick gosselin.

ed bouchette made an interresting point about taking a wr this year. basically sweed is all but gone, logans job is in jeopardy, and a 6th wr is likely to be practice squad-

Quote:
Kiere Bulls: Do you think what the Steelers did in Free Agency was enough? Furthermore, what do the Steelers now do in the draft?
Ed Bouchette: I think they actually went one too far in free agency by signing two wide receivers. That leaves them no room to add a young receiver because they are now locked into keeping those five receivers -- their top three plus the two free agents they paid nearly $1 million each to sign. Add wide receiver to the list of positions the Steelers will not draft high. It does not change much else in the draft though.

jmf1177: I am hoping Sweed has breakthrough third year. If so, who would be odd man out?
Ed Bouchette: I don't know that he's going to get a chance to have a breakthrough year. Right now, he would only make the team if they keep six wide receivers.

Sillter: Although the Steelers signed two wide receivers this year does that mean both will make the roster? Are you saying that Sweed is done for sure?
Ed Bouchette: I'm saying you don't give a guy nearly $1 million in a signing bonus and then cut him. If they keep six wide receivers, Sweed might have a chance.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075...#ixzz0iTs16xAm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075...#ixzz0iTreA53s

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075...#ixzz0iTp7iHSq
Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,583 Posts

they gave a million dollar signing bonus to a 5th receiver ??? (battle) ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,181 Times in 3,487 Posts

pretty crazy, huh? (i think that pretty much chops in half any potential trade value sweed may have had).
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #28
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
That is a solid looking draft. I like the Al Woods pick. He rotated in on the D line in 2008 with Jean-Francois and Alexander....and looked good. Might be an interesting pick in the 5th.

You dont think Barry Church is gonna last to the 7th do ya?? Wasnt he 4 time all conference?? I know nothing of Karim.....but what about Pat Paschall??
Church is rated as a 7th rounder by nfldraftscout.com (as of today)...but he had one heckuva pro-day so his stock may rise.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 AM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
love the new mock LLT and must say its layout is as visually appealing as any other on the net. good job! i especially like that you are taking the time to update it like the "professionals" do. look out rick gosselin.

ed bouchette made an interresting point about taking a wr this year. basically sweed is all but gone, logans job is in jeopardy, and a 6th wr is likely to be practice squad-
I would tend to agree about the WR situation....though I see Battle as signed to be a STer, he will still be on the roster as a WR. Any reciever that we draft will be on the depth chart behind Ward/Holmes/Wallace/Randle-el.

Thats one of the reasons that I like WR Danario Alexander. His agent is saying that the knee injury will be healed by the beginning of the season but it will keep him from working out and keep his stock down. We might be able to:
A) place him on the practice squad
B) if able...put him on the PUP list until healed

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 03-17-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #30
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
I know nothing of Karim.....but what about Pat Paschall??
Running back Abdul “Deji” Karim, who did not participate in the NFL Scouting Combine, outjumped the best running back in Indianapolis by two inches in the vertical leap (43 inches) at Southern Illinois’ pro day workout on March 11.

Karim (5-8 1/2, 209) also showed impressive speed, clocking 4.40 and 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash. After showing off his 43-inch vertical leap, Karim had a 10-3 broad jump and posted a 4.33-second short shuttle, 6.95-second three-cone drill, and completed 19 bench press repetitions.
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running back Pat Paschall Pro Day Results: One of the key aspects of pro days for prospects is that it provides yet another chance to go through workout drills for scouts and improve on their times from the NFL Scouting Combine. North Dakota State RB Pat Paschall (5-foot-11 5/8, 211 pounds) took advantage of his second opportunity by posting a spectacular time in the short shuttle. The shifty Paschall completed the drill in 4.15 seconds, an improvement from the 4.33 he had at the combine. His new time would have placed him fourth among all rushers in Indianapolis. His 40-yard dash times weren’t too shabby, either, as he ran it in 4.59 and 4.57 seconds. He also had a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, but kept his combine numbers in the vertical jump, three-cone drill and bench press. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=RB